1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

There's always something missing...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by browneyedgirl, Jun 26, 2013.

1. I'm sorry guys, I hope you're not sick of me. Ok, so here goes, I have no doubt that I have some kind of sexual attraction for women but I still have something for men. I really really like guys still just wtf. I love the butterflies, the connection, the cuteness, the everything I get when I really like a guy. The sex is mind blowing cause of that...but then things calm down and well, things aren't so intense anymore.

With women I didn't like the sex while I was with them but if I fantasize about women while with my husband then I get more turned on. And I do like the connection with other girls, but it's not the same with a guy, I have never ever gotten butterflies with a girl and thats a big thing for me. I love my girls but it's just I don't know.

Jeez, the way I'm going, I'm gonna wind up alone. Seems like something is missing either way I go.

This is so confusing, I'm willing to risk my marriage and go off to figure out myself, but I'm not even sure I know what I'm doing.

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just wondering how many girls you have been with, you don't have to answer but im just thinking if it is one or two then maybe you haven't found the right one, being attracted to women doesn't mean being attracted to all women. Alternatively perhaps it is that your attraction is purely a fantasy which seems amazing in your mind but doesn't live up to expectations and should just be kept as a fantasy.

3. Ive been with 10 women and 6 men.

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well if I were you I think I would just enjoy myself and see what happens, keep your options open to guys and girls and then hopefully you will find the right one be that guy or girl and everything will seem right.

Do you think with the girls it is because you go into it imagining it is going to be sooooo good and then it doesn't match up?

5. YellowBird

YellowBird Guest

I think you may be over-thinking things a bit. You do sound predominately straight to me. The decrease of intensity is NORMAL in all relationships and I know plenty of straight women who fantasize about being with women but would not or can not enjoy themselves when it comes down to having intercourse.

To me this sounds more like an addiction to the "new" and "exciting" and then experiencing a typical lull after your high. I also believe that your experiences with women may have just confused you more than anything. Just because you can go through with having relations with someone doesn't mean that you're a bisexual or pans,it's the enjoyment and attraction (both sexual and non-sexual) that get you there

I, however, can not tell you for sure what you are or what you are not, I can only tell you my perspective and hope it helps.(*hug*)

6. Thanks, I'm not really sure myself. I get these thoughts about every woman I get close to. I should also mention that even though I do like men, after that intensity wears off the whole relationship feels wrong and I feel the need to leave or I get really anxious.

7. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you're biromantic heterosexual, especially since you have stated that you dislike women sexually. Also, I think it is possible that you haven't found the right person. The initial excitement of a new relationship is what you're after; it sorta gave me this awesome high. However, it quickly faded and so I was onto the next, but it has become exhausting.

Currently, I'm single at the moment, and it has given me clarity about what I do not want. I will not settle until I get what my heart truly desires, and I don't think you should either. You're obviously not happy in your marriage, so perhaps you should take some time apart and with no expectations.

I don't think there's anything missing in your relationship, I think there's something missing within yourself. For me, it was self acceptance/love and I'm still working on it.

#7 pinklov3ly, Jun 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2013