1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I Straight or a Lesbian? So hard to figure out!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Followyourlead, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Followyourlead

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi everyone!

I am new to this forum and have just recently found it. I have been struggling with my sexual orientation for years. I have been with men and it has never been good. I am not attracted to men unless they are very feminine. I check out women but have never been with one. I am terrified so I have just done what I thought i was "suppose" to do and its never been satisfying. Ive never been in love or really liked anyone ive been with. I am 26 years old and single and do not plan on dating anytime soon. I am trying to figure this out I just wish it wasnt such a struggle. Can anyone relate? Im not looking for answers I just would like to know that a resolution will eventually come and im not alone for someone who's been through it. Thanks.

2. phoenixverde

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I understand. I am married with kids and have realized that I am just not attracted to men. It is a common place people find themselves in and being single is a big plus for you. Take your time and people watch. Look around and let yourself be attracted to people. You'll start seeing who you're attracted to.

I realized, looking back, that I have always been attracted to women. I just didn't see it.

Welcome to the family.

3. Femmeme

Hey there, I dated feminine men for (too) many years. I'd stop dating for years at a time and have these break downs every few years where I would question... then I'd decide no, I'm absolutely straight. Only to turn around and find the most feminine man I could to date. Several of the guys I dated turned out to be closeted trans or secretly gender queer. I thought for a long time it was just me, but it wasn't. You aren't alone. There are plenty of us. (*hug*)

4. Followyourlead

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks ladies it helps to know im not alone. Its so confusing to not know who you are.

---------- Post added 27th Jun 2013 at 06:37 PM ----------

All the men ive dated have told me I was a lesbian and I thought they were all gay lol

5. DarkenedSoul

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I can honestly say I know the feeling. For the longest time I wasn't even accepting of myself and dated online, but I dated girls.. Only, letting them believe I'm a guy. That could be because I always seem to be attracted to straight girls, but even if they weren't straight I let them believe I was a guy. And I've also felt attracted to more feminine guys. I even tend to like gay guys.. But only because they act girly. xD
    Anyway, hope you figure everything out in time.

6. Followyourlead

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks I hope so!

7. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I didn't figure out I was gay until I was 26 so you are definitely not alone. If you clear your mind of any pre conceived ideas and just let yourself imagine being with anyone you like right then like your ultimate fantasy, it doesn't have to be sexual but it can be, who would that be a guy or a girl. Or if you sit in a coffee shop and just watch people go by who do you notice more girls or guys?