1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'm a lesbian...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Ladybug99, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Ladybug99

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi.. Well, I'm a 14 year old girl, so I'm going into 9th grade next year. I never thought I would like girls when I was younger, and actually I didn't understand people who liked the same sex. When I hit puberty in 6th grade I went on this site that was for women, and it talked about things I was too embarrassed to talk about with anyone, like my period, or attraction towards guys or girls. Once, I decided to read about girl on girl experiences, and I kinda liked it. I came to accept gay and lesbian people more. In 7th grade I started to consider myself bisexual, because I had crushes on both guys and girls. I've never had a boyfriend or girlfriend, though. This year, I also crushed on both genders. When I think about it, I can relate to girls more, and I have much more fun with my female friends than male friends (I can't go shopping with guys:lol: ) I get turned on by girl on girl stuff, but not so much a guy and a girl...truthfully, I don't think a guy and a girl together has ever turned me on. I'm more attracted to girls, I just think that there are so many pretty girls out there. There are few guys that I find attractive. I'm more open with girls. When I think about settling down when I'm older, I think I'd rather be with a woman. Having kids isn't a problem, I've always planned on adopting, anyway.
    I've never told anyone that I'm anything but straight, I'm so afraid of being judged or that my parents will find out.. My parents are very religious and conservative and my dad is completely against gay people. I'm not positive about my moms take on it, but I'm us she doesn't approve of gay marriage. My older brother is okay with it, but I'd rather not tell him anything because I don't know how he would react about ME possibly being a lesbian. It's also just so hard to accept myself as a lesbian when I know my family and maybe my friends would resent me.
    Thank you for any advice you have or anything you can tell me :slight_smile: I just need a friend right now... (*hug*)

2. Holly

By the sounds of it, you're in a pretty good place :slight_smile: I never was accepting that much when I was 14, so I applaud you.

I'm in the exact same boat as you concerning guys. I always imagine myself with a woman when I am older, but I still are guys I find attractive (although I would never date them), so I am kind of hesitant about labelling myself as a lesbian...

But, enough about me! I think it might be best if you try subtly bring up the subject of gay marriage/the general LGBTQ community. That way you can gage their reactions and opinions better.

At the end of the day, this is YOUR life, not your parents or your friends. Don't feel like you need to come out just because you're coming to acceptance in your life. But I did find it useful to tell someone who I knew would be accepting. They helped me a lot, and I certainly wouldn't be where I am today if I hadn't talked to them. Although, then again, you are on this site, and the people here are overwhelmingly easy to talk to.

Just stay true to yourself. I haven't told my parents yet, and it's slowly becoming harder to just let it out. I don't think it's fair on me or them that I'm keeping it all locked up, especially when I know they will probably be accepting. I just don't have the courage. But my parents aren't very homophobic (I don't even know how they will react...) so I'm not in the exact same situation.

Anyway, that mass of words may not have helped you at all. Just remember, you are you. :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: