1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possibly Gay, and possibly screwed for life.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by 6726B1, Jul 1, 2013.

1. 6726B1

I usually don't post to forums, but I have no idea where else to turn to. I have no friends I can talk to about this, and all other attempts to find information have dead-ended.

I'm a 29 year old women, and since college have always assumed I'm bi. I'm interested in women, I've no confusion about that. And while I've never been with a man, or dated one seriously, I can at least look at one and think he's attractive. I've always assumed this meant I was bi. It was always a much safer assumption than being gay, as my family and friends (in fact my whole community) would never accept anyone with such an orientation. I would loose Everything if I came out as gay.
    That said, no matter how attractive I might find a man at the start, it never goes anywhere. The interests lags as soon as I make any attempt at dating, I can't make myself want them no matter how hard I try.
    I fear more and more that this means I'm gay, and since that is not an option, will simply be alone for the rest of my life.
    I'm not looking for sympathy in posting this, I know there are people in much worse situations than I am, I'd just like to know if anyone else has gone through this. Do other lesbians find men attractive? Is it something that can be built upon, can you Learn to want them? I'm just so frustrated, any insight would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

2. jabs202232

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am a male, and gay and i find females attractive, like really attractive, but i would never date and or have sex with them. In my experience the more i tell myself it isn't true, the more it turns out to become true and sooner accept it( I'm talking about sexuality)... where do you live, where if you come out everyone will not accept it? My advice, move :/

3. phoenixverde

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    We're close to the same age. I am the same way. I can recognize that some men are attractive, but going further than that is difficult. This is especially problematic because I am married. Once I acknowledged my attraction to women, the sexual attraction I thought I had for men went away.

4. Fourthson4

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    How does one know his sexual orientation?

5. 2112

You could be biromantic.