1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused...help?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by CuriousBunny, Jul 2, 2013.

1. CuriousBunny

I'm only 14 so I know some people will just say 'you're too young to worry about this,' but I can't stop thinking. I have OCD which isn't allowing me to take my mind off of this topic.

When I was younger, I had always thought that I was straight so I acted that way, and I hid anything that I did that is stereotypically gay. For example, I LOVE the show 90210. Recently, though, I have been questioning my sexual orientation. I have had many sexual fantasies with another male in them recently, and I enjoyed them a lot. A few weeks ago, I also hugged a girl that I thought that I liked and hated it.

After knowing all of this information, I have begun to think that I am just very deep in the closet and was afraid to leave. My parents would be very supportive if I was gay and my mom even says partner instead of wife to me. Does anyone have advice for me? Also, I am going to a highschool after summer that has a club for the lgbtq community. Thanks! :lol:

2. Mango

You're right! At your age, things can change quite a bit. It's sort of like a very good reading book that you don't have time to read through completely, all during one sit. You just simply have to manage your time wisely, and read thoughtfully, intently, and thoroughly, with each sit. Take it slow. Make many friends. Try to be a positive spirit and role model for members of your age group and the people who surround you. Try to surround yourself with positive people, as well. Being around like-minded people who will allow you the freedom to fully explore or express yourself makes you feel very good inside, as a human being. This well help you to better define and accept yourself. Don't worry about sexual orientation so much. You may be gay, you may be straight, or you may be bisexual. Sexual orientation can sometimes shift to some degree. Some people start out thinking that they're straight, but later learn that they're bisexual. Some people try to live their lives as straight people, but don't ever really enjoy sex until they explore homosexuality. However, for the most part, people who are homosexual, really "know" that they are gay. There's usually no doubting it. However, there is often this feeling of guilt that exists that wants to deny them the comfort of total self-acceptance. Time usually sorts things out for all of us, when it comes to sexual orientation. So, just don't rush it. Time will tell all, eventually...

Right now, this would be a good time to establish a large support group of platonic friends. All like-minded people who both like you and will accept you for who you genuinely are, as you consistently present yourself. Enjoy engaging in all types of academic and healthy recreational activities with them. Also, try to locate an LGBT counseling service, that is independent of the school, if you feel that you need more support.

#2 Mango, Jul 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  3. srslywtf

kid... I only just came to realise what I was this year and I'm almost 27!

I thought I was straight as for all that time, until I finally truely considered the other side of the fence...

At your age I'd just say like what you like at the time, and see where it takes you. Dont worry about labels until you have some evidence from your actions to compare yourself to. Explore as many different angles as you need to and just see what happens/how you feel.