1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'm gay but not sure

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by CuriousBunny, Jul 2, 2013.

1. CuriousBunny

Until recently, I hadn't thought about being with someone of the same gender, but I have always hidden my many stereotypical 'gay features' since I have so many and didn't want to be bullied more. I am going into highschool now, though, and would like to be myself there. In my highschool, there is a nice LGBTQ community that is very supported and my parents would support me if I came out as gay.

Ok now here's why I think I'm gay: while my friends have always liked the popular girls and like vaginas, they disgust me, which leads me to believe that I am homosexual along with the fact that I am attracted by penises. Am just going through a phase? Or am I gay? I have no problem with being gay but would like to know if I am to relieve my OCD for now.

2. Soillse

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi there,
    Firstly, em .. vivid wording - you don't beat around the bush do you? :icon_redf
    Secondly, don't put to much pressure on yourself - just experiment and relax. It's better to give yourself some time to work through your emotions than to try to label yourself before your ready. Remember there are people on here as well as in your life at the moment who will be there for you whatever conclusion you come to. (*hug*)

3. rainbowships

rainbowships Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I mean, if you are emotionally attracted to females but sexually attracted to males, you may be hetero romantic but homosexual.
    I'd test the waters a bit though. There is no need to rush. :slight_smile: good luck.

4. CuriousBunny

Soillse, thanks for the advice. In response to your first question, no, I use vivid wording because of how much I enjoy writing and I wanted to make a good impression on my posts here.

5. Link72

Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't like that word... "phase"... people don't go through phases... it really does sound like you're gay and it seems like you're coming to terms with it... you're about to be in high school... realizing you're gay can be really confusing but once you make that decision I'd like to think that you stick with it. As for the penis/vagina opinions I realized that i was definitely gay when I kissed a girl then shortly thereafter barfed in the toilet... so I understand the disgust ... Also I would suggest you find out whether you're feminine or masculine gay... Since you display the stereotypes I would guess that you're feminine and there's nothing wrong with that...I'm feminine and I have the most supportive girlfriends and ever since I came out to them they've really included me in their group and I REALLY appreciate it. And if you are feminine gay you're probably gonna realize that out of fear of being labeled as stereotypical ,practically every gay guy is so masculine they are practically indistinguishable from a straight guy and that we're basically the minority... they make it so hard to date... I've never been diagnosed, but I display like every single classical symptom of OCD so I do obsess over things but believe me if you are gay sooner or later it'll just feel like the right thing... as for people making fun of you let me tell you how I'm still fine after being made fun of pretty much all my life... when you're walking out side there are birds chirping... now the birds may be annoying but they have very tiny brains and aren't smart enough to realize they're irritating... remember: popular jocks making fun of you are birds... most of the time hot ones... but irritating birds nonetheless ... also I like the vivid wording... it does make a good impression.:icon_wink:icon_bigg:icon_bigg

#5 Link72, Jul 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2013