1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

androgynous or bigender?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ladyneko13, Jul 2, 2013.

1. ladyneko13

im a little confused about my gender. i know that im neither male or female mentally (although i was born female). some times i act more femminine sometimes more masculine. i wear mixed gender, unisex clothing, and rarely, dresses. i'm only sexually attracted to women or female androgynes\bigenders. i like to draw androgynous figures\characters. i just want to know the difference and figure out which one i am.

2. hiddenxrainbows

I'm sorry you've having difficulties figuring out your gender. But I'll try to help a little if I can.

Typically, when someone uses the term bigender, it means that their gender changes back and forth. For a while, maybe for a day as an example, they'll feel more like a woman and act and dress accordingly. And then, that will change after a while. Maybe the next day, they'll wake up and feel more like a man, so they'll dress and act like one. But then, they'll wake up another day and switch back to female.

But when people use the term andrgynous/androgyne, it means that their gender is a steady mixture of both male and female. It doesn't change back and forth like bigender. It just stays the same and has both make and female attributes.

So the question is, do you feel like you go back and forth, or do you feel like you stay the same and are just a mix of both?

3. ladyneko13

i think i sound a little more like bigender, now that you explain it.

4. hiddenxrainbows

Well it's all up to how YOU wanna describe yourself lol ^_^ and if bigender works, go for it. you could also try looking up some more stuff about it, for more details. There's enough gender identities out there, you can definitely find one lol There's also pangender/multigender(basically the same as bigender, but you switch back and forth between more than male and female), agender , thirdgender, two spirit, demigirl/demiguy, transmasculine/feminine, neutrois(not sure if i spelled that right). I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of.

5. Mango

I think that it's not important to label yourself, just yet. I mean, it only becomes important when signing important documents or something. For the most part, it's not anybody's business and nobody should really care about your "gender". Perhaps, you need more time to sort things out. Maybe one day, you'll settle upon being genderfluid, bi-gender, or quite possibly even, transgender, or genderqueer.....Who knows? Whatever the case may be, just give it more time. There's no rush. Right now, just focus upon being yourself and being a good person.

6. hiddenxrainbows

Mango is right. I can understand wanting to find a label that you can call yourself by, something that you can relate to. But there really is no rush. Just go with the flow and don't rush things. If you're that into finding a label, just do some research, talk to people, and experiment. And the experimenting doesn't even have to be anything big. Maybe just doing something simple when you're home alone. But if you do those things and try not to rush yourself into finding a label, you'll eventually find out more about yourself, be totally comfortable with who you are, and find a label that fits.