1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i think im gay, but it might be a phase, i dont know, plz help?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by SK13, Jul 3, 2013.

1. SK13

I have been wondering since I started high school, that maybe I might be gay, because I started to get more and more feelings for guys, and at the moment I am starting to lose all interest in girls, all I think about when I fantasize now a day, is guys, and I don't know what to do, or what these big feeling towards guys mean, I have had quite a few crushes on my friends, only one knows, and he is cool with it, but I don't know what these feelings mean, does it mean I'm gay, or bi, or what, because I always liked girls but now I barely do, might this just be a phase or what? Plz help

2. Krilky

Krilky Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Most people on here will say "there's no way it could be a phase!" Most people are wrong if you ask me.
    You didn't provide your age, which would be helpful.
    But if you're under 18, it's really quite difficult to know.
    I've gone through years of wondering, since I was 10. You have since the start of high school.
    My revelation was to not think of it sexually, but romantically. Think of whom you'd like to spend the rest of your life with.
    Also, investigate your personality. Would you feel more comfortable topping or bottoming in sex? If you answer topping, that doesn't help, but if you answer bottom, then you're likely to be gay.
    Good luck!

3. Musician

It's weird, I started seriously questioning when I was in a relationship (still am) in my mid-20's. Sexually, I feel slightly more to guys, yet women still get me off more sexually and romantically. Yet, I see that I have more penile responses to men. It's so odd. Romantically, still women. But I'm damn confused anyway. Sorry if it doesn't help.

4. SK13

I have thought about it and I decided to ask a few more of my friends, and they all said that they always knew I was gay, even if I didn't, so I think that I may possibly be gay then, and that I should just accept it and move on with my life. Ooh and thQ for the reply's

5. Musician

How can other people know if you are gay? Also, if you liked girls, how are you gay? Like, did your sexuality switch? Did you love girls both sexually and romantically? I know I did for many years, and still do, but thinking off guys I sometimes get off faster. But in terms of which body makes me feel amazing at the end of the day, it's women. Like, in love, the way I've always felt. I'm really confused, in part of because what I'm going through.

For me, I kinda have a similar situation, but I kinda think I would fuck guys for friendship, and maybe even be turned on more sexually, but it's not the same feeling. With women, it's a complete everything I ever dreamed of. Like, I think I could love a guy, but I don't know if it would be the same way as being IN LOVE with a woman. The fact that I can be more turned on sexually probably screams denial to many here, that they have been through this. But I love women. So, idk, I guess I'm trying to relate to what you're saying. Don't know if it helps. I'm confused, but I'm glad you are in a better place in your life, SK, at the young age of 15. That's really good for you.

6. SK13

They said they thought so, because I always looked their way, and liked looking at them when they dressed, and they saw how I looked at guys, and they also thought that I was,because all 6 of my relationships with girls ended, because I didn't give them any attention, and the fact that I didn't like kissing them.

7. Musician

I think it's truly possible you may be gay, or in the gay end of bisexuality. I think that's something you can know, but I also think that labels can only go so far. Also, it can shift around during your lifetime, and you're still young, so you've got plenty of time if you don't know today. Time will tell.

8. SK13

Thank you Musician

9. Musician

10. cm81990

cm81990 Guest

No offense, but straight men can enjoy bottoming. The only difference is they are only turned on when a woman does it. A persons taste of giving or receiving doesn't really answer the sexuality question. I will argue they need to think of it both sexually and romantically. A male who is sexually attracted to both but only romantically to guys is not a gay man. Sexual orientation has never been proven scientifically to be a phase. It is often not for most people. It is okay for someone to feel confused. What they need to do is listen to what their body is telling them. Who are they desiring sexually? Do they know the difference between admiring someone and actually being attracted to them. Denial is powerful. A lot of gay guys go through it