1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you thinking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by starfish, Mar 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phantasma

What the FUCK? Why do all the websites I want to watch videos on restrict them from being played on computers outside the United States?

2. Apocalypte

This is a pain in the arse! BBC iPlayer does the same thing too :frowning2:

3. Hoppip

I SAW THE FINAL DESTINATION.
    I don't know if you know this, but I've seriously been waiting all summer for this cheesy film.

The writing? Glorious. The acting? Phenomenal. The plot? Fresh.*

Anyway, I was really glad I got to see it. It truly blew me away—I couldn't believe my own eyes. You could even say I got a little wet since the suspense was so pressing. They really pumped up the gas on that one; they just take you by the neck and drag you through these brutal, brutal chains of sequences. And there's pigeon poop.

^_^

*Kidding, of course. It was terrible. But worth it to me.

4. littledinosaurs

<333333

5. RaRa

It got so hot much hotter today. I hate it. x(

6. Phantasma

Thanks a lot. Really. I love it when a guy talks me up all day long and then, for some odd reason, immediately stops sending the messages my way once I reveal a picture of myself. So again, thanks. That makes me feel fantastic.

7. Bacon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Im thinking about how to improve myself (physically and mentally) and how I never ever have dated anyone

8. Hoppip

Methinks he was paralyzed by your brilliance. :')

9. Shevanel

Seconded.

10. paco

paco Guest

today i learned that you can get bruises on the bottom of your feet. who knew?

also, i have successfully moved into my dorm and i am SO TIRED now. tomorrow its surfing, then grocery shopping.

11. moirai

12. Shevanel

"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. That's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight... razor... and surviving."

I kinda believe in this at the moment.

Apocalypse Now is too amazing to exist. I swear.

13. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I'm not entirely familiar with the filters used in other countries, but I'm willing to bet that chat rooms get censored alot more than games. This idea that EC is now suddenly a game site because of an arcade feature is incredibly flawed at best, and even borderlines on illogical. The arcade is hardly screaming it's existance in your face, and if anything the chat room is alot easier to locate due to it having a big button at the top saying "Chat Room", and yet I don't see anybody claiming we are now a chat site. My experience of educational filters have found that all chat rooms are banned and strictly forbidden, whereas the filtering of games is at the administrators discretion. If we are going to remove anything that can cause EC to be blocked then the Chat Room would be a bigger priority than the arcade and various other site features.
    To encourage fun and interaction. It's an arcade, what do you think it's for? :confused: I've seen people complaining about how it goes against EC's support, but EC is primarily a support forum. Funnily enough, those arguing about how it ruins EC's support do it in an area which doesn't focus on giving support either. If we were to follow the idea that EC is *only* a support forum then all discussion forums would be gone. That would be a very boring forum. New members may join here for support, but may want to settle in first and interact. Sadly, they cannot do that by accessing chat and getting to know people, so they can either post on the forum/walls, or they can participate in games with other members. The only reason the arcade is there is to encourage interaction, and the theories of it turning EC into a game site and other insane comments are just laughable to be honest. They don't realise that to follow their ideology of EC would have most of the features, including Chat, removed forever.

I should also point out that there have been numerous concerns that the arcade is killing Chat. I've been checking who has been using the arcade and at what times, and I can tell you that on countless occasions when chat has been more empty than usual, the regulars who are missing have not been on the arcade, and on most occasions not on the site at all. If members really do have concerns about the arcade then address them in Help and Feedback. It's no use keeping it to a select few people in Chat and coming up with the inaccurate idea that EC's chat is in decline and that the whole site is changing. The site is just as focused on support, and user activity is no less now than it has been. If people don't like the arcade then don't use it, but people should at least have the courtesy to bring up their concerns instead of spreading propaganda about how it will destroy EC's reputation and morale. There is no evidence to support that, and if people actually brought it up for discussion then they would have a better idea on what EC and its features are about.

(This isn't meant to sound as attacking as it does. For reasons outside of EC, my minds a little numb at the mo so I can't really express myself any better)

14. GhostDog

Allergy shot tomorrow.

Now every time I go, I'm afraid I'll react and they'll have to use epinephrine again. =(

They dropped the dosage a bit, I hope that keeps it from happening again. It was not a pleasant experience.

15. RaRa

When if my bro coming home?!?!?!

I need more Buffeh!!!!

16. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

I'm starting back on my antipsychotic medication tonight (Seroquel, or Quetiapine Fumarate); my psychiatrist cut my dose in half to reduce zombie-like side effects and gave me topomax to reduce the weight gain from it.

17. Ben

Ben

Vsetci mame radi sviezi vzduch. Ako sa dostanem k Boha a vzduch? Neverís ja v Boha... Nemozem dychat!

Good. :grin:

18. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't believe I can ice skate with my balance problems.

19. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm thinking that if people post in strange languages, I get almost irrationally hung up on staring at the words, to try and figure out what they mean. As if harder staring can force my mind to understand strange languages.

I know that Boha is God, but that is about as far as my Czech goes...

20. Ben

Ben

It's not Czech. :slight_smile: But it is about God.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.