1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soulmates are for straight people

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by NotSureWhatIam, Apr 24, 2014.

1. NotSureWhatIam

Recently I have decided that I will never actually find somebody that I love that loves me back. The person in my life that I fell in love with basically crushed my heart and has recently made a lot of hints that he (even subconsciously) doesn't want to be around me, even though he still insists that were best friends. I fell for a straight guy and I let it happen, I will never let that happen again and I have learned my lesson. But the thing is, life is so short, and there are so few gay men out there with my personality type (gaybro I guess?) that I'm starting to think that the perfect person for me just happened to be straight. Game over. I know thats an incredibly cynical point of view. But gay life just seems so lonely. /rant

2. StarlightBunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Meh, I married a guy cuz we get along and he pursued me after 4 years of not one guy or girl interested in me and he's pretty cute and we like a lot of the same things.
    Pretty sure I met one of my soulmates (read up on soul groups, although I take all of this with a grain of salt, :slight_smile: and she is my veterinarian, so I bring in a sick pet (I have a lot of pets) and she makes them better and I just daydream away but since I am married I can't even say anything but I know I am in love like never before. It happens to everyone, it will happen to you again, just hopefully next one you meet is also able to return the affection. Your buddy loves you as a bro, but sounds like he is into chics.

3. NotSureWhatIam

Oh I realized that, that's why I'm sort of over him. I just don't think I'll find anyone else.

4. Carpe Noctem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    LOL. I'm sorry for laughing but not all gays are feminine mate, my first dick was a guy I met in the army he seemed 'straighter' than most straight guys! :lol: (and so did my second and third guys).

You just have a broken heart, it'll take some time to heal and to find the courage to try again with another guy, just as you said it "life is so short" you have no time to waste sobbing over this straight guy, and remember that gay life is not lonely - closet life is lonely. (trust me, I'm still inside). Courage and be strong :slight_smile:

5. Clay

Yeah what Carpe said, there are plenty of gay guys who aren't effeminate.

In fact it's a lot more common than you'd think. All my mates are straight guys, and all the girls I'm friends with are, largely, their girlfriends.

6. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I’m looking for a “gaybro” type too. I love Ice hockey (it’s basically my life), how many gay people can say that… I know I’m interested in Men/Women, but I know if I end up with someone it will be with a Man. My previous boyfriend was that type, but that didn’t work out :icon_sad:. Your only 19 and have many years to find that special one, there are more gay people out there than you think (still I know there isn’t a lot).

7. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would say by your age, it's a bit early and presumptuous to think there is no one for you.

Many have been through similar experiences and been left heart broken, swearing; never again. You imply you won't be falling for someone again. I'm not convinced...

It appears you are just on a low because of what happened. Falling for a straight person, probably won't get you far but give it time and patients and as long as you put yourself out there, you will find someone who you can make a relationship and life with.

Happy days :slight_smile:

8. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I considered my former partner my soul mate, and I'd probably still be with her if I could. She wasn't however, the first person I had a relationship with, and I wasn't hers.

9. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow... Your hormones doth rage too much. Don't give up at 19. Jeez... I'm 26 and have still never even been in a real relationship.

The soulmate thing is sort of inflated. A person may be your soulmate, in the sense of completing you, but not be your romantic mate. I know that my soulmate isn't who I'll marry. It's depressing but it's best not to dwell on it. Just focus on finding someone who makes you happy and who you can live with, then ok, marry them, and done. :thumbsup: (sooo easy, right? :roflmao:slight_smile:

10. all paths

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OP (*hug*)

I can relate to how you feel; when I met my former gf I would have sworn she was my soulmate. :frowning2: And to be honest, it's still hard not to see her that way. I still get quite 'lost' and down about the feeling that, "I'll never meet another person like her, again. She was THE one."

But the truth is, she chose to leave me.

And one thing I know: My 'soulmate' would never choose to do that.

So I have to conclude what it's difficult for my heart to accept as truth (still!) right now: I guess she wasn't The One.

Let's hang on, and believe, OP. It'll get better. :kiss:

11. NotSureWhatIam

I was sort of offended at first reading some of your comments. But I appreciate your honesty and logical point of views. Ive been under a lot of stress lately, and when I posted this I was pretty down. Im not healthy for preferably unspecified so I don't think I'll see 26, but I can still hope I guess. Thank you everyone.

12. BelleFromHell

I know that feel, bro.
    I've been in love with my best friend for the past 1 1/2 years. She's questioning, but most likely straight.

I'll never know if she likes me unless I tell her how I feel, but there's a 99% chance of her rejecting me.
    She also lives on the other side of the country.

I feel so crappy... :frowning2:

13. Kreiger

I believe in love and all that jazz, but I think the whole soul mate thing is malarkey. Love is something anyone can find (I hope), but the idea of there just being one special person because the universe said so just seems silly.

14. all paths

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :frowning2: You're all making me want to cry.

15. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This, this... a thousand times this.

Plus, I think the soul mate thing as in there's only one is overblown. I feel like I've had two--one that wasn't up to the challenge (couldn't bring himself to come out) and my current partner of 16 years. I have an ex who insisted for the years of our relationship and for years after that I was his soul mate and since it hadn't worked out he would surely never find anyone else--he's been with his partner for almost 10 years. Good people find good people... it's always been my experience..

16. TossAWatermelon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You're only nineteen; you have plenty of time to meet the perfect person! It's just more obvious for straight people to find someone who's right for them because there are more straight people. What age do you think you'll die at? Subtract 19 from that age, and I'll bet you'll have a large number left!

17. LostAndAffraid

Stick it out, you will find a prudential love interest one of these days. It's just harder for is gays cause we don't get to have the typical boy meets girl. No our story is more complex.

Our story is more like boy meets strait boy who meets girl breaking boys heart causing immense depression and further seclusion in the closet. Eventually boy must become brave enough to face his inner demons and accept himself foot who he is rather than who society wants him to be. But then there is more time alone for boy, but it's not the crushing self hatred type of loneliness that it was before, now it is a happier sort of loneliness, a loneliness that boy can live with.

Hopefully one day boy will meet boy, but even if it doesn't happen, no matter how tragic, boy will survive, boy will still be boy.

But depriving yourself of the opportunity to find love would be worse than sitting in your quiet shameful self pity. You have to find your happy loneliness