1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fears

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by scared32, Jul 25, 2014.

1. scared32

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Lets say I did come out, divorced my husband, who would date a lesbian who hasnt ever been with a woman

, no experience in the bedroom. What about having kids. What about pregnancy scars loose tummy skin, deflated boobs from breastfeeding.

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not everyone is looking for someone who has experience. In fact, some may even like "newbies" more.

Kids aren't a problem also, i've heard many, many stories similar to yours, with a happy ending.

3. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never had an issue when it comes to dating women. I have 3 kids and another one on the way. I have many flaws, especially due to pregnancy, but it hasn't stopped me from dating.

I think a lot of women would respect you more for being yourself. It's not easy taking that first step, but it is worth in the end. You will feel so proud of yourself after all is said and done.

4. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How about one who's had similar life experiences? A lot of gay men who come out later in life end up with other men who did the same. We have similar parenting experiences, and often share some of the same fears that put us into the closet in the first place. If you have a mental and emotional connection with someone, the physical connection is based on that, and you will be absolutely beautiful to each other, no matter how you perceive your own looks.

5. scared32

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks every one

6. Tudor

In my experience plenty...I was with my ex-husband 22 years but have found nothing but acceptance from the women I have met, chatted to, dated...we have all been inexperienced...vulnerable...lacking in confidence at some time.

7. Richie.

You know the fundamentals of sex your not that new. I was in a similar position and found love.

8. Lipstick Leuger

My wife did.

Actually, I dated quite a bit when I got divorced and before I found my wife. Many lesbians find it a bonus to date a Mother, they usually are not like males in that regard. They like the fact that they don't have kids, will probably never have them, but have the chance to love and rear children, without the whole infancy and pregnancy thingy. A least older lesbians feel this way(from what I found). Most older lesbians also expect women to have children, especially if they have dated or married men. It's not a shocker or surprise to them.

9. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    if it helps any, there are guys out there in the same boat.:smilewave i wonder who'd want to date or get into a relationship with 47 year old man with a teen age son, bald, short, over weight but working on it...... but i believe there is someone out there for me and im sure there is someone out there for you too.:icon_bigg

10. scared32

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks everyone, it helps to hear those things.

11. DancingGirl

I work for a very large company and we have a pretty large gay community within it. I would say that 75 to 80% of those have a partner who was once married and have children. Several met at work.
    And don't worry about being a girlgin. Once you get going it is amazing and she'll help you along the way. I am actually really looking forward to meeting someone special after my divorce and having my first time. I actuallly want it to be special and plan on keeping it until I am with someone I know will want to share such a wonderful time with me.(unlike my hetero virginity, lets just get it over with). I wish you luck and happiness.

12. scared32

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks so much