1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is department store make up better than drug store make up ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stocking, Jul 29, 2014.

?

Which one is better

Poll closed Aug 8, 2014.
  1. Department store

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Drug store

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. both are fine .

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I mix drug store make up with department store make up . I want to now only buy drug store make because it's cheaper .
    I'm wondering if one is better than the other ?:confused:
    Which one is better and does drug store make up damage your skin .

2. otter

I feel like the quality of drugstore makeup is getting better and better. Most of it is as good as department store makeup, except it's less expensive. Makeup in general is not the best thing for your skin in the long run, whether it be drugstore or department, but as long as you're taking good care of your skin, you'll be alright.

3. Apropos

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I have no Idea. Department store? It seems like it should be but there isn't actually a dept. store anywhere near me. :/ (!)

4. Lipstick Leuger

It depends on what you are getting. For instance, if you want a lash primer, it is hard to find one that is decent in a general grocery store, but Sephora, a dept store for makeup has several good ones. For under eye cover, I have both types. One Rimmel matches your exact coloring and adjusts for only 3 to 4 bucks, and also makeup Forever from Sephora for 35 a tube. That is much thicker and covers better, and is only used for really bad undereye circle days. My foundations, Mineral Foundation is PUR, you can't get it at grocery stores but I love it anyhow and works great for my skin, I also wear Nertogena Healthy Skin Enhancer for Summer and it has sunblock in it and can be gotten in grocery stores. As for Mascara, I love Loreal macara, it is awesome and my eyes love it. I sometime splurge for BadGal by Benefit, but it is 20 a tube but it really does not last long, smears easier than the Loreal does. I love how it makes my lashes look so fat though. So, it depends what you like and how you wear your makeup. To me, some products are worth the price(splurge on coverup and eyelash primer) but others are just as good when gotten elsewhere.

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I just tried forever make up today , that you were talking about it's great but, the make up lady didn't get my right shade so I look kinda pale and like I'm wearing a mask ; My mom keeps saying it looks good but I don't believe her . I found one good liquid liner at the drug store but I hadn't seen it anymore, I have Rimmel's make up primer . I'm looking for good brands for women with dark skin it's hard to find .

6. juliegt6

I used to sell makeup at Macy's and honestly we had a ton of African shades in Lancome, Bobbi Brown and Mac.

I honestly know nothing about drugstore makeup as I've always used department store.

My current routine:
    -Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protect Lotion spf60 pa+++
    -Laura Mercier Hydrating Foundation Primer
    -Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
    -MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NW15
    -Artistry Dual Powder Foundation in Chablis
    -MAC eyeshadow in charcoal brown for eyebrows
    -MAC eyeshadow in soba, bronze, dazzlelight, white for eyes
    -Laura Mercier Gel Eyeliner in Ebony
    -Estee Lauder Lash Primer
    -Dior Diorshow Mascara in Black
    -YSL Touche Eclat in 1 under eye
    -MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle
    -Shiseido SPF35 lip balm

There are good drug store products though! I got some other ladies stop in with their experiences in this area. Some products are just a name and price is not necessarily an indicator of or lack thereof quality.

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've tried lancome I'm very happy with them I also use clinique. I'm definitely going to look at the others you suggested .

8. julianne

There are no department stores close to where I live so I use almost exclusively drug store stuff and most of it works really well! You just have to google products and make sure they're actually decent before buying them... I've made that mistake more than a few times.

Last time I was out of town I bought some more expensive stuff at MAC (a foundation and a mascara) and it wasn't nearly as good as I expected. I used the foundation for about a week before switching back to my drug store stuff! I still use the mascara and it's pretty good, but I think I could get the same results with something much cheaper.

I think you can get good results from expensive or inexpensive makeup as long as you do your research and pick the right products!

9. the haunted

I agree with Lipstick Leuger, it really depends what you're buying.

I personally only buy department store foundation. I've tried soooo many drug store foundations and none of them come close to the NARS foundation I use. I also only really use Stila eyeliner. It's good quality and easy to apply for liquid eyeliner.

I'll get powder, blush, and mascara from drugstores. I have a mix of eye shadow from Sephora and from the drugstore. I don't really wear eye shadow much, but I do love the Urban Decay Naked 2 pallet the most.

10. Data

Data Guest

Damn!!! I never imagined make up could be so complicated.:eek: