1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is He Gay?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by NoClue, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoClue

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Nail, scanner has hit you right on the head. How does that feel?!?!

Btw, those shirts would definitely sell. And yay, team android!

You definitely got it right. At amys 4th of july, i was eating, CG wasnt talking though as she didnt really know anyone and amy was in and out. But I was eating an empananda amd the girls were making suggestive jokes as i didnt have a plate so I put the whole thing in my mouth (huge feat). While the girls were joking, I was chewing and when i realized he was taking pictures (or video, who knows), I had finished eating so I asked if ye was taking pictures which was weird but i guess understandable since it was funny. The only thing was I caught him way after i finished eating.

He didnt rub my leg this time. He did last time when he remarked he didnt realize i had hair on my legs (very little) and and the whole "believe me ive been looking" comment. He just asked me if he ever did in a very flirty way to make me uncomfortable.

I agree with him doing it to get a shocked reaction. He loves that reaction and tells people about it. The only problem was he slapped my ass when amy was in the bathroom. No one else was there. Hes also been recently leaving his hand on my back a bit too long. When we went out with friends and we took a photo, his hand was on my back (there was our friend between us) amd when the photo was over, his hand stayed there and didnt move for awhile. I didnt move away but i remember it being weird since it was a comfortable spot to rest your hand - especially with someone in between us.

About the boogie comment, he isnt that mean. In fact, he would probably tell me. One time he noticed i had a hanging nose hair and told me about it saying "i wasnt sure if i should tell you but you could handle it".

he did text me and amy a invitation to a work function coming up and that he's going. I guess i'll go too.

I will agree that maybe he does think im not into him. Ive thought of this a couple of times as i realized i used to be much more proactive in randomly texting him or making plans to him now making all the plans and me rarely texting him. But to be fair, we see each other much more nowadays.

I also find it hard to make it seem like im interested without crossing the line and disrespecting CG. While I know I shouldnt care about what others think as if the shoe was on the other foot, she wouldnt do the same, i find it a bit inappropriate.

Ill work on being more "available" but how without just saying it?:bang:

2. scanner007

How do you tell your crush you're ready for action without saying a word? Why with a brand, new 100% Cotton, handy dandy Scanner branded "sometimes I wish you were gay" T-Shirt of course! Nothing could be finer! Fully Guaranteed and Made in the USA. Just put on this T-shirt, throw up a cute little wave and cock your head to the side with that sunshine smile he won't be able to resist. He'll go nuts!!

Ok think gay spiders. For one because it's really strange thought, and two, it puts emphasis on my point to spin your web, lay your trap...draw him in my letting him be nice to you and let nature do the rest. (And try not to scare him away by saying, "EWWW") Just keep eating those empanandas suggestively and let him slap you on the ass when no one's around. If you're comfortable with it, he'll be comfortable and hopefully take it to a point where he'll have some explaining to do. What? Gay? Nah man, I was just nibbling on your ear cause we're friends man.

ROCK ON

3. NoClue

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hahaha! Awesome analogy. Hopefully, this post won't make me look like the black widow.

So yesterday I hung out with corey as usual. I was running a little late because I slept in a bit.

As I walked towards his job, he opened the door and stood there looking at me. I pretended not to see him and he was smiling as I came to him. He said " did you see what I did?" I said "what?" He said "I pumped my fist and said score!" I said "okaaay." He said "I missed you, I'm happy to see you." I started laughing and said "whats with the cheese fest?" He said "do you know why I said that?" I said "you need me to help out?" He said "exactly." We split the workload and as he was speaking, he stood close to me. I kind of freaked out because it made me nervous. After a minute or so, I broke away and said "figure out how to split it." As he split the work and told me what to do, a small fly flew around us and he slapped his palms together. I said "why do people do that? You have fly guts on your hands now." He looked at me and said "I love you" and tried putting his hands on me. I laughed and said "no, don't!" Then I added, "why are you being cheesy?"

We split up and when we got back, we talked. He asked how my job was and I told him what was going on. he complimented my shoes and brought up that he went shopping last week and he would've invited me, but the car was full (his friend drove.) He didn't mention CG going but I'm sure she did. Somehow, we started talking and I mentioned I kind of missed my ex. I saw someone who looked like him that morning. He said how so? I told him and he said "you miss being in a relationship, not him." I reluctantly agreed. We brought up me being celibate as a joke but it seemed he enjoyed the fact I wasn't really dating or being sexually active. He agreed with it.

Amy came back from being out and we talked a bit. she was very tired so me and him joked around. We got lunch and he was telling me he was thinking about changing his phone company. (we have the same one and I keep convincing him to stay.) He would tell amy stories about me but the way he told them, it was like he was there. especially stories about my family. I showed him a picture my sister sent me and when he clicked on the picture, he realized my photos were locked and said "whyd you lock your photos? is there something you don't want us to see?" I told him yes, its personal and he said "I'm not going to let this go." and commented how secretive I was.

when he left the room, I decided to put post its on his desk so he'd find it later and laugh. I saw a post it of something I said and turned to amy and said " I cant believe he still has this." (he would write down the dumb things I said on posits and put them around his desk. Last week amy commented he took them down, which was probably because we had the argument.) There was a date on the post it and I said "did he write down what date I said this?" amy shrugged and I checked the date and it was the date I said it. That was pretty sweet.

After a while, he said CG was out with her gay friend if we wanted to go out. I said no thanks and amy also declined. As CG kept calling him, he was getting annoyed. He would be short with her.

After awhile, we decided we wanted to get food and CG was going to meet up with us with another friend of hers. We waited for a bit and amy fell asleep. While she slept, corey started playing the piano as he hadn't played in a while. I sat while he played for me and quizzing me on what he song he was playing. I commented on his technique and cheered him on.

He asked me where do I want to go eat and he suggested ramen. I told him truthfully that it wasn't my thing. I know that CG likes ramen but soup in the summer is not my favorite thing. I brought up a restaurant where the drinks were strong. while he was talking to CG, I overheard him ask her where to go and she said Ramen. He didn't say anything about it and said "why don't we ask your friend?" In the end, we went to the restaurant I suggested. CG was already a bit drunk.

As we walked there, Corey said "im telling you now, im only drinking 1 drink." I laughed and he told the friend how we tend to out drink each other. There was a wait and the waiter he accused me of "flirting" with last time was there so he was watching me look at the guy and asked me if I remember his name. I didn't. We finally got seated and amy left because she was really tired. So me and the friend and corey and CG joked around. Corey sat in between me and CG. CG was once again, being judgmental but without realizing it, I kept saying to her "I don't care." then I said 'I really don't care what people think of me." after the second time she did it. At one point he pointed out to her once again, that she was being judgmental. She also mentioned the long walks me and corey used to take and how long it was. I laughed. Corey would be a bit mean to her in terms of name calling so I would turn to the friend and say "anyways," and we'd laugh.

I kept hitting him every time he joked about me and he said "wow, you're hitting me? I hit back." CG chimed in and said "he does" and proceeds to tell her friend how he hits me when she hits him. I laughed and said "I get hurt easily." and corey agreed. I turned to him on the side and said "I thought I tapped you" and laughed. As we told the friend stories, corey would tell her all of my stories again, like if he was there. He told the friend stories about my job that I literally told him earlier. He also rolled my sleeved up to show her my tattoo and said he likes it and he saw a woman with one similar and what it symbolizes.

A manager kept looking at me and I turned to corey and said the guy keeps looking at me and corey said he noticed that too. Later on, he turned to CG and I overheard him say that to CG but said the guy was looking at him. Corey also called me a spatula. I asked him what that meant and he told the friend "he turns straight guys gay." I laughed and told her its not intentional, it just happens. he proceeds to tell her about steve and how hes convinced steves in love with me. CG turns to corey and I hear her say her gay friend (the one that flirted with me) is gay and the whole situation that happened last time. he told her "that's different, he likes noclue, not the other way around. he flirted with him that night!"

He had two drinks, both the same as mine as I tried different drinks. I had 3. Afterwards, we walked back to his job because we all needed to use the bathroom. I ran to the bathroom and mid pee, he walks in and laughs because my head was tilting backwards as I peed. He went into the stall and said "I didn't know you had to use it that badly. I said "I had 2 coffees." He said he didn't notice. I sighed in satisfaction when I finished and he laughed some more. I didn't realize he heard me.

Afterwards, we walked to the train and he biked home while me and CG took the train. She once again mentioned how much she missed the vacation she took with him and how she was planning a group one and if I would be available I told her probably not because of work. I texted him when I got home and he said good night. I knew his phone was acting up and I said "glad you got my message on time." and he said "me too" so I sent a smiley.

next week me, amy and him are going to his work function. CG is throwing a birthday party at a club that night as well so she said "make sure you wear pants. or borrow coreys again." Coray told me what was happening and said "did I mention this. I said no and he said I forgot but you're welcome to come. then he turned to her and said "we'll be late and im not sure if im going but we'll probably be tired." I think he said that because a) he wasn't sure if he's going or not and b) I think he doesn't want me to go because the gay friend will be there.

anyways that's all to report. I know I messed up with the whole being cheesy comment. :bang: in a moment of panic, sometimes you just revert back to whats natural - scaring others away. I need help!

4. scanner007

:::kicks trash can over:::
    :::fires gun in the air haphazardly and indiscriminately:::
    OMG NoClue!! I said be a gay spider, not an... an... an aphid!
    :::hops in '57 Chevy and has driver floor it while scanner knocks over mailboxes with a baseball bat while muttering to self:::
    OMG OMG OMG! Seriously? Dude NoClue, the next time he flirts with you, even a little tiny bit, there'd better be an empanada in your mouth and you'd better give him a little wink while you crunch down on it seductively!!

Ok all fun aside, yes NoClue, you might be a bit repressed, keeping your cell phone charged above 90% at all times can do that to you. NoClue, trust me, if you can walk outside your shell a bit and learn to flirt. It's a skill you will greatly enjoy. Why? Simply in the fact that it's not a perfect science. There's no rulebook that says if you say this, then this will happen, and that what makes you sweat a little while the goosebumps travel down your back and the heart quickens. Life can be a thrill. And part of the fun of it is messing up and saying the wrong thing half the time and playing for a quick recovery and making someone laugh, someone smile, someone like you just a tad more than they did before.

Imagine just for a moment he's talking to you and he notices you staring at him just a little bit funny. He stops and asks you what? And you say, "I'm sorry, for a moment I was lost in your beautiful brown eyes." Then, just turn to your cell phone and act like your doing something important enough it that takes all of your attention, checking email, playing a game, whatever.
    Throw his ass off balance!!
    Next time you feel it, say it. He won't quite know what to think. But, it usually never crashes and burns because people are people and we love compliments!
    You can walk up to the most homophobic guy on the block, tell him he's got great (eyes, pecks, abs, biceps, etc). And you'll surprise the shit out of him. Yeah did you hear what that fag said to me?? Well I do have nice (eyes, pecks, abs, biceps, etc) though huh? Guess I can't blame him for wantin' a little forbidden fruit. It sounds cliche I know, but even the most introverted of us still likes to hear something positive about ourselves from someone else every now and then.
    Its like petting a dog or cat. Why do we do it? Cause they're soft and it feels good. Why do they let us? Cause it feels good. Get the ball in your court and Stroke that ego!

ok and not to shoot a dead horse but really...
    Now didn't just a tiny little part of you want to walk up to him, put your arm around him, give him a little aunt martha pinch on the cheek and say, "So how'm I doing with you so far, Sugar Bear? *wink* You 'bout ready to be flipped? (or something to that effect, but in your own words)
    hmmmm? lol
    *sigh*
    The safety zone is not a place to setup camp and move right in. Its a place to recover after a hard hit. Don't live there, get back out there and score some points in the game of life.

So what kind of Tattoo? *smile*

5. NoClue

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    While writing the previous post, i knew you would give me grief over my reactions to corey. I'm a glutton for punishment i guess.

I don'tt know how to flirt. But i see your point. I also dont readily give out compliments. Thus far, the only physical thing ive said about him is his great arms and that i like arms. And of course the pinching of his cheeks a while back.

Youre right in saying i am repressed. I think he kind of enjoys that. He loves to shock me. To get a reaction.

I suck in giving out compliments easily. I always think its a bit fake to do so. So for example, when he played the piano, i asked how he can play without looking down and when he showed me i saod "youre good at that." I usually ask him or point out something he does that amazes me and tell him hes good at it.

You're completely right in people loving compliments. I certainly do. He mentioned CG saying that she feels inferior to him and shes never felt like that to another guy she was dating. I however said while ye was teasing me that all week i feel like im awesome and confident and on saturdays i come to his job so he can make me feel stupid. He laughed when i said that and repeated what i said.

Its kind of true. I am fairly self assured in 75% of my life. He is one of few who i actually feel self concious around. Maybe its because ive gotten close to him and i dont know how to deal with that being as i keep most people at bay.

On the flip side, hes seen how confident i am and how i get along with everyone. Hes also seen how i can be a bit flighty, so he makes attempts to make sure we stay close and im in his life.

Cute thing i forgot to mention, he was telling me how pissed he was at amy because while she was out, he called her to see if i was coming in because he wasnt sure. (and given how i usually dont respond to him until im actually there, he didnt bother to call me). She didnt pick up twice and on a hunch (and a sign of how connected we are) he opened the door just as i was walking towards his job.

To answer your question, its a dragon tattoo. He doesnt have any tattoos and ive told him he looks better without any.

6. scanner007

NoClue,
    Well of course I gave you grief! You deserved it!! lol But hey at least its in a fun and entertaining way that everyone reading the thread can enjoy. No harm, no foul? :grin:

Flirting is easy once you understand that its about projecting energy. Why do those shitty, $8 an hour customer service jobs tell their employee to greet their customers with a smile? Because talking with a smile, making eye contact, things like that project a positive energy. On the other hand, I imagine you do exactly the opposite. You notice something you like about someone and instead of turning it into a flirt, you begin to stir this cauldron of negative internalization.
    "Oh! I can't say THAT"
    "It'd be so embarrassing!"
    "He couldn't possibly feel that way about me, could he?"
    until finally.....
    "No one must EVER know!"

And I agree, he DOES love to shock you, so if you become a little more outspoken, that might change the dynamic of your friendship with him a bit, but most probably in a good way. The way he is with CG and you, I think that's probably what you like about him, you admire his strength. Honestly, on your tattoo, I was almost expecting you to say YinYang, (or maybe a dragon circling it for effect), just because he is so much the yang (postive, active, male) to your yin side(negative, passive, female) and likewise you compliment him. That symbol and the idealogies behind it play an especially integral role in your life. Opposite forces combining to compliment each other and become a whole greater than the sum of it's parts.

Me? Well if I were to ever get a tattoo, it'd be the Eye of Providence. (yeah its that pyramid thing on the back of the one dollar bill with the eye at the top.) ..Unfortunately too many people use it for shitty reasons. But I believe true enlightenment is something wonderful and empowering, if you use that power according to Confucian precepts then by God you're just living right and you won't need nearly so much fiber in your diet to help you stay regular because you won't be so full of ignorance you can't see the forest for the trees.

(and when Corey slaps you on the butt, it'll make you giggle and slap him right back...do unto others after all :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

ROCK ON

7. blueskies

blueskies Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Oh my god, Corey's flirting with you and you say why are you being cheesy?!?! Omg. I agree with Scanner that he does love to shock and also that you need to throw him off balance!! I can't wait for you to try that and see what happens then! :slight_smile:

8. NoClue

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow, great insight scanner per usual!

The whole yin yang makes sense! Plus the internalization. He said i tend to take things personal and internalized it. Or as he puts it: "why am i not surprised? You tend to take things personal." Which puts me on the defense and repeats the cycle.

I am outgoing to him, hence why we play argue all the time, but when it comes to being outspoken about my feelings towards him? Hermit crab.

Lol @ the meaning behind the eye of providence. I was thinking the eye of horus but i'm still on the fence of getting another tattoo.

I guess i should shock him by doing it right back. Its just a little weird. The only time im touchy is when im drunk.

I did text him a funny pic of me this morning just for fun. He replied "hawt". Hes pretty awesome for going along when i act silly.

9. scanner007

Ok on my phone so super short reply...
    First of all ...don't even get me started on eye of horus....yeah..Some people say that same eye is the Devils eye and part of illuminati ...blah blah...The all seeing eye of God ...providence...means divine guidance. Learning the secrets and truths of god, existence, reality. People of a certain intelligence quotient, like myself, eventually come to realize god isn't a punishing father figure waving his finger at you from across the universe. It's so much more complex than that, yet if you're smart enough and sit and think about it long enough it's all quite simple and zen. A place for everything and everything in its place and all that. So what's the secret of life? Behave, be nice, eat lots of fruits and veggies, be happy and don't be afraid...basically everything yer mother taught you before you were 5. Hence divine guidance, if that makes any sense to you.
    Ok I swear I didn't write any of that under the influence of any mind altering substance. ..though I'd like to have.

Ok so noclue..you send him a pic of you...and he says hawt....soooooo....send him a HAWTER pic! No no don't go that far....just a LITTLE hawter. Lol....or simply text him back and say....yeah..but not as hot as you. If he's drinking something while he reads it...He'll spray it all over the face of his phone. Lol

Also the next time he slaps your ass...well...you could always trill you tongue in a half growl and say OH YEAH DO IT AGAIN BABY HARDER! Momma likes it when daddy gets rough!

Bwahahaha! Bwahahaha! Bwahahaha!

10. NoClue

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Lol scanner, i get anxiety just imagining me doing any of those things! Its so....out of character for me. Funny enough, I have no problems doing that with women (drunk of course) but im just not the touchy type. I cant imagine doing the things you mentioned. In terms of the picture, it was me in a wig, just something to make him laugh.

When he strated growing facial hair, i took a picture of me wearing a fake moustache and randomly texted him pictures of it.

Im trying to be more proactive but the eternal struggle bewteen doing it and being reserved continues.

11. scanner007

NoClue,

LOL yeah I know its out of character for you, which in my own playfully mean way is why I included the stream of BWAAHAHAHA's at the end. I know it gives you great anxiety as well. It used to be that way for me as well. For me to say something like what I'd suggested to you? ...oh no! Dear god no! But not anymore, and not for years and years. Life is too short to be afraid to have a little fun.

Oh yes, and back in my closeted days, I mean yeah...I went bars...I went to strip clubs with my friends...they never knew I was gay. Plenty of flirting with women...I mean like ...a combination of diabolical and pathetic ...like reminding myself to look at their breasts at least once a minute. Drunkenly making out with them and then having that sudden instant of clarity where you're not as drunk for a few seconds and stumbling backwards with her tongue in my mouth and falling and breaking the grill at the house party. (A whole 'nother story). LOL anyways ..point being ...yeah its easy to flirt with the women because you don't really feel it.

The whole point of flirting is using that sexual energy in positive way instead of going back to your dungeon to stir the cauldron. If you only flirt when you feel it, then you'll be the best around...thats really the only trick...is feel it and have the confidence (or the idiocy, or the lunacy, or the zest for life) to say it.

Yeah, I'm far more outgoing and happier than in my younger years. Keep up that internal struggle, eventually you'll get sick of arguing with yourself and just say "SCREW IT, I'M DOING IT!" Regardless of what the picture was, if he said, HAWT, then yeah ...perfect opportunity ...
    "Yeah, but not as hot as you"
    "Sometimes I wish you were gay"

I dunno and then on the next text message type,
    "I'm desperately in love with you, I don't know how to tell you. It hurts not to hold you in my arms and have you all to myself. Please. PLEASE. If you can't possibly feel the same way just put me out of my misery and shoot me. XOXO NoCLUE ..then just let it sit there ...
    and smash the send text message button with a hammer. If it hammer just breaks your phone, then let it go ...if the hammer sends the message the instant before destroying your phone, then ITS FATE :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. NoClue

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Happy sunday evening!

I am still recovering from the last 3 days working and just being on my feet in general.

So Saturday...

Well, let's back track a bit. On Thursday, my ex texted me again. He said things like how he misses my friendship, he apologized for "abandoning" me, I am a good person and I shouldn't ignore him because we have too much history.

I was working so I didn't get the message until later. As usual I didn't respond, but I did send the text to corey. He responded with "jeez, are you numb to this by now?" I told him no, I thought it was kind of sweet, but also I didn't fall apart like I did before. He said that was good.

Friday he asked me if I was still going out Saturday to the club with CG and her friends. I said no. He said he understood and I told him because I was tired from work, I would come in a bit later than usual and he said that was fine. I told him I turned down a school reunion, a surprise birthday dinner, and CG's thing and how weird I got invites all for the same date.

Saturday, I came in late and we joked around. I told him I accidently locked myself out of my room and in the process, I sliced my finger. He grabbed my finger and looked and was genuinely concerned. he asked how come I didn't bandage it. I told him I did, but I showered this morning and took it off. He said he had alcohol pads and would give me a bandage. It was pretty sweet. I complimented his shirt and he said he liked my shoes and if I would be upset if he got the same one. I said it was fine. We joked around as usual until amy came.

When amy arrived, I gave her a hug. Corey commented "you give hugs now?" Amy looked confused and I explained that I generally don't like hugs and I actually flinch when people hug me. But she always hugs so I go with it. We caught up on how the week went and argued and joked as usual. We talked about my parents and again he told amy how strained my relationship with my family was as if he personally knew them. He said "noclue doesn't like talking bad about them but I will for him." he was kind of proud to do so!

At one point, amy commented on how me and him are like a couple. he was leaving the room so he didn't hear. I got excited and said "why?" she said because we argue like one. I said well, hes logical and I'm emotional. I tell him that all the time.

A little while later, she said it again. There was a pause and he asked "how so?" she said "I don't know" he said "how are we a couple?" I felt a bit uncomfortable because I didn't know how he would react. she said "you guys argue like one." and the conversation passed. When he left the room, I wrote a post it note something silly and hid it on his desk. He came in and saw me standing and told me to sit in his chair. he found the note later though.

We were volunteering after his job and his friend joe was meeting us. We all met up and me and amy were bickering per usual. I said something and Amy hit me pretty hard. I yelled and said it hurt. Corey said "if you hit him again, I'm going to have to hit you." she looked kind of shocked and he said "well its not fair, he bruises easily." I laughed and said it was true. She did hit me later and he playfully wrestled her.

We got our volunteer assignments and me and her were placed together and he was placed further down. Occasionally we'd look at each other and he came over to ask how I was doing. I said I was tired and my feet hurt. He comforted me and eventually, I was placed in his area. We all got placed afterwards at different places. He commented how funny I looked wearing the hat they gave us a bit to the side. He said I looked douche, then said I looked like a boy band member. I hit him with the hat and he laughed while looking at me.

We met up once it was over and he and joe got beer. I didn't get any since it was already last call (it was at a festival). Joe shared some with me and corey gave me some as well. We all said bye to the people at the event and took the train.

Corey and joe were heading straight to the club. Me and amy were going home. Corey was joking on the train and we ended up sitting next to each other. We were a bit touchy, particularly when a gay guy got on the train. After the gay guy got off, corey turned to me and said "he's pretty hot". I said "yeah, he has your eyelashes" Corey laughed and said to joe, "he has my eyelashes!" I think he was flattered I compared the guy to him.

We talked about the possibility of all of us taking a road trip which he said he'll try and get off of work for but no guarantees. I told him I was pretty excited but he said it was just a possibility.

He told me to text him when I got home which I did. He didn't respond which was understandable and responded today but I didn't reply back. I told him we should try this restaurant and take out one of his friends who I haven't seen in a while. We also have the cruise this coming Saturday which I totally forgot about and thankfully, he reminded me (I told him to remind me again this week).

Overall it was a great experience even though I was tired! I was with him from 10am to 11pm. I was kind of shocked amy pointed out how we act like a couple. she's mentioned it several times before, stuff like "you should sleep over his house" or something indirect. This is the first time she's said it outright and once again, just added to how everyone says that about us. (!)

13. scanner007

Here lies the post I just spent half an hour typing out only to submit it and have it say my token expired.
    Rest in peace! GAh!!!!@$#@#$%@#$%@#$%

okay I'm short on time and can't rewrite the whole thing so here's the gist of it...

1) Complimenting his eyelashes ...GOOD---Progress...Yes! Way to go!

2) Sorry about Dave, ..then I mused for a paragraph or two about if you were the type that could be friends with your ex or not. Maybe talking to him wouldn't be the worst thing in the world...even just meeting him for coffee to just say..Yeah its still over. Don't know the situation well enough between you and him to say.

3) Amy is sneaky and knows all about your feelings for Corey

4) Curious about the "between the lines" stuff that happened starting from the long pause when Amy said about you two being a couple and how Corey said, "how are we a couple?"

5) Set goals ..esp. a goal for your cruise ..accomplish something during your trip...make it a point to spend more "alone time" with Corey going out to eat or drink ...do the long walks at least once a month. If anything is going to happen between you two...you'll both need to be alone together.

6) Amy is still sneaky and has lots more insight into you and Corey than you are seeing. I thought her saying you should sleep over at Corey's house was fairly direct.

6 and 1/2) In so much as you see Corey as more than a friend, at times he regards you much the same way judging by the way you write about him.

7) Good luck, have fun and enjoy your week!

Sorry ...that was extremely watered down ...stupid unrefreshed token anyways. I'll elaborate more later when Ihave more time.

ROCK ON

14. NoClue

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sorry to hear that scanner, usually when that happens i press the back button until i see the post, copy and paste once i relogin again.

I agree with what youre saying. I have complimented him amd thanked him on stuff (like walking me somewhere or carrying heavy stuff for me that day). I changed into our volunteer shirt and he still has my shirt.

Corey said its best not to talk to dave and has asked me the same thing but whenever we try and be friends we end up back together so its better to not speak so we can both move on.

Yeah there should be a goal but the cruise is for his friend and her cousin will be there which we both know so maybe there wont be much alone time.

We're going out tonight with his friends, CG probably will be there. Who knows wht will happen? I do await your indepth reports scanner!

15. NoClue

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok i'm back amd slightly inebrieted but i have a question:

So CG orders a drink. I ask is it good? She offers to try some (after corey tried a sip) but puses and says "wait, do you have herpes?" I got caught off guard and replied "no, i was recently tested and i'm clean" she said "well, i know where he's been...." Then she asks if i had an extra cup and proceeds to pour a bit of her drink.

I am really offended. To the point where i told amy what happened. Should i be offended? Or am i just being sensitive? (it didnt help matters when amy pointed out two weeks ago she had no problem sharing a drink with her).

Should i tell corey? I feel upset but i dont want me liking corey to cloud my judgement. But i also want to make it clear that offended me.

I will post how the rest of the evening goes but that just kind of pissed me off.

16. HomosapienHomo

Yes, you should be offended. That's a terrible question to ask. I say stuff like that to my CLOSE friends but we've known each other for years.

If she was really that paranoid, she should've said "where's your cup, I'll pour you some" at least that way, it's not noticeable. That is the rudest thing I've EVER heard!

She needs to get run over by oncoming traffic!:tantrum:

17. NoClue

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay, so I'm awake, not hung over and I can tell the story more objectively.

So back track, I didn't know if CG was coming or not. Corey tends to not tell me until I see her there. She came a bit later and me and him caught up a bit. He told me what happened Saturday at the club and how exhausted he was and I said hi to some of his friends.

CG comes in and asks where amy was at. Amy knows these friends as well and I didn't know she was coming either. One of coreys friends, I started talking to (a guy). Corey would look over and see us talking but didn't say anything. at times he tried getting our attention but I kept joking with the guy. He's straight but he was pretty funny.

CG was telling me it was a good thing I didn't go Saturday because they stayed late. I told her I know because corey told me. A couple of times she mentioned something that corey had already told me earlier. Coreys friend joe also came so I joked with him as well.

I texted amy to ask where she was at and after 5 minutes CG asked if she responded. I said yes and CG said "ok, i'll just text her". Amy responded to my text which kind of hurt CG and CG looked over my shoulder and made me text amy that CG was upset amy didn't respond to her text. I didn't want to do it but since she was looking, I had no choice.

We ate and drank and the guy was buying me drinks as well. That's when the situation happened. CG orders a drink that I was curious about and she said it tasted fruity. Corey drinks it and says it does. I said really? so she said here, try it. Then she paused and said outright: "do you have herpes?" I was shocked and said "no, I just got tested, I'm clean." so she says "well I know where his mouth has been but I don't know where yours has been." I was confused. she then says "is there an empty glass?" I gave her one and she poured it. it didn't taste good as I was chewing gum, so I gave the rest to joe. He didn't have an issue drinking from me and even got me a drink later.

I felt like she was implying that because I'm gay, I must have a disease and/or am promiscuous. I didn't let it get to me and kept singing and dancing in my seat. She kept pointing our to corey (within earshot) that I was in a happy mood. I said to her "I'm always like this." she gave me a look and said "not all the time." Instead of corey going along with what she said, he joined me in singing and dancing. we did that several times throughtout the night.

Needless to say, it got pretty late and we all had work in the morning so we left. Corey biked home, joe and CG took a cab together and me and amy took the train together. On the way I decided to tell amy what happened and should I tell corey. amy said if its bothering you yeah. I said this sucks and that i'll sleep on it.

Amy asked me if it seems like she flirts with corey and I said no. I am honestly not threatened by amy. in fact, amy has said she sees him as a brother and she's a really cool friend.

I felt like CG's demeanor yesterday was intentional. Maybe she is starting to get threatened by him and I's relationship and is trying to put me down to make her feel better. This would probably explain why as of late she's been really condescending and judgmental towards me.

I guess I should tell corey but I don't want him to tell her. I just wanted to say it really offended me and drop it. Judging by some of his friends reactions, they don't enjoy her elitist behaviors either. That aside, I'm glad I had fun and ive gotten somewhat closer to some of his friends.

18. scanner007

NoClue,

So Ummm yeah...CG was being a rude bitch.

At best she was being germophobic and it came out wrong. But like you said, she sipped out of Corey and Amy's glass so really, what the hell. She's lucky that you're not me because the next time we'd be out I'd revel in making a childish ass out of myself just to make her completely miserable.

I mean we're talking a T-Shirt that says "Monkey Love", I'd buy or print out some biohazard symbol stickers and put them all over my drink, coaster, napkin. Maybe even buy one of those cheap packs of those surgical looking face dust masks you get at the hardware store and put it on. Once someone inevitably asks me what I was doing, I'd simply deadpan that I didn't want to spread any of my gay germs.

Yeah I don't blame you for being upset. It was a shitty thing to say. I probably would've called her on it right away and just been cold about it. Just been like, "Oh nevermind, I don't need to try it" and shot her a cold glance. She was probably a bit drunk and therefore a bit too truthful in how she felt instead of checking herself and being polite.

Between the herpes comment and the cell phone deal with Amy it seems like CG is the type of person where sometimes you have to be direct with her almost rude or else she'll walk on you and wipe her feet. Now that it's been said though, I wouldn't press it much with Corey. Mention it, sure, but I'd just be like, yeah CG must've had a lot to drink the other night, that was rude what she said. (or to that effect) and then explain what happened and let it go. Afterall, holding on to it isn't going to help you out any with Corey or keep your group of friends as a cohesive unit.

Yeah, just don't ask what her drink tastes like anymore and hope it was her drinks talking more than her so you don't have to endure anymore of that crap.

19. NoClue

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, I get it. I should tell him as its still bothering me. She has gay friends, I'm sure. It felt like she was purposely putting me down to make herself feel better. Objectively speaking, that isn't healthy nor will it help a relationship by exhibiting that behavior.

In overanalyzing this I realize if he does confront her, she'll try and make it seem like I'm trying to start a riff. Or it can change the dynamics of the group.

But if I don't mention anything, it'll be a free pass for her to continue her antics. Hell, if Corey did that, I wouldn't let him get away with it!

To clarify, she wasn't drunk. She had 2 beers. We all were drinking beer.

Maybe she felt insecure towards me.

I'll admit I make friends pretty easy. I'm somewhat of a recluse but if I start speaking to someone, I'm pretty funny and sure enough, they'll be my friend (Coreys friend and his best friend joe brought me beers that night). I have a lot of different friends and even hit it off with his friends. Now, I'm not being boastful, I'm just aware of myself.

The problem is, as many friends as I have, I have an issue getting close with them. Eventually we'll lose touch and I won't make an effort to stick around. We see this in how at a drop of a dime I would cut Corey off if he upset me enough. So from the outside I look like thos cool person but I dont have many close friends.

This translates to corey wanting to hang out with me because I intrigue him or he's trying to figure me out or be apart of my life because he thinks I'm a "catch", but maybe he doesnt know how to handle a guy who refuses to trust and open up.

Its like in the movies where theres a girl whos pretty much awesome but as soon as it gets serious, she runs away because she's scared. Note: i am the girl in this scenario.

But to CG who doesnt know me too well, I am this social likable person and she feels inadequate. Maybe because he jokes with me. Or because he goes along with my silliness. Or that she sees a part of him that he doesnt share with her. I sometimes see that. I see how if she says something, he'll brush her off but if i say something, he'll listen.

That night, I sat away from his friends because the seats were taken and i didnt really know them too well. He went back and forth between the two tables and when she arrived she asked why i was sitting alone. I told her I wanted to see if the table next to me would leave so i can combine the tables and have his friends come over. He not only sat at my table, we stayed there for most of the night. He couldve easily just left me there and hung out with his friends. He certainly does not do that with joe, his best friend. And she probably has picked up on this.

So she wants to put me down to make herself feel better. Of course I can always set her straight, but then she can say I am horrible and who knows? He may believe it if shes sneaky about it.

Eh of course this is all in theory but I cant help but think it may be true. An easier way would be to just ask him...:bang:

20. NoClue

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey everyone,

I am currently nursing my head after a very long day yesterday with corey. Be forewarned, this is a very long post.

So Saturday, me and corey were supposed to go on a night cruise for his friends wedding celebration. I knew he was invited to the wedding as well, but I was not invited which was fine as I didn't know the bride too well.

Friday evening, corey sends me a text saying he's shopping for clothes and that I was going to the wedding as his plus 1. (!) I didn't ask why he didn't bring CG. I started freaking out as I didn't have clothes and my suit was dirty. I rushed to find appropriate clothes as he said guys were wearing blue.

Finally, I decided to wear a blazer and dress pants as he was doing the same. I asked what blue he was wearing but he didnt specify. Later on, around midnight, he called to work out the logistics and coordinate our clothes.

The next day I didn't come into his job but amy did. I came dressed later on so he can change and leave with me. He complimented me on my clothes and I did the same (though I replied "i know' when he said I looked nice.) We even wore similar bracelets.

We left and I asked amy if she was proud of us because of how we looked (like if she was our mother) she laughed and said yes. We got to the train and got on. On the train, Corey saw a mosquito around me and killed it for me. We sat and he said "I was telling amy earlier, it would be me to bring a gay guy as a date." I said "why's that?" and he goes "because I'm so open minded, i don't see a problem." I replied "you shouldn't it has nothing to do with anything."

We got to the church at a decent time and eventually, the ceremony started. I met the maid of honor's boyfriend. The maid of honor was a friend of ours (the one who loved me after he introduced me and who we recently went out with). The boyfriend was a really cool guy and we all laughed and joked around. Whenever we spoke to someone new, we would talk about each other as if we were a couple.

the ceremony was sweet and it was my second wedding I went to and his first official one (he went to a gay wedding but he was catering). Afterwards we were seated in the "vip" section for the reception. We started talking to another married couple and for a quick second, it seemed like those married couples who speak to other married couples. What made it even more funny was us finishing each others sentences and thoughts again. To the point where he would pause to let me finish his thought saying "i was waiting for you to say that."

On the ride, a song came on that CG loves and I didnt care for until recently when i finally gave it a full listen and loved it as well. I told corey it was a great song but i didnt like it because everyone else did. He said "you shouldn't let other people shape what you like or don't like."

Afterwards we rode with the bride and groom, maid of honor and her boyfriend to the cruise. We got on and ate. He took some of my food, we drank, we danced and had fun.

There was a girl who started talking to him and they hit it off. He introduced me to her but i was talking to someone else. I didn't want to hang around him the whole night so I let him talk to her and i went around the boat. Occasionally, he'll come find me and check on me.

So a guy came who I hadnt seen since he showed up to my bday. He was the guy who after meeting me on my birthday, grabbed my nipple at the end of the night. He came over and said hi to me and corey. Corey told me to stay away from him because he seemed like a bad influence, but I didnt see a problem with him, besides corey was talking with the girl and a part of me got jealous.

Corey took some pictures of me as the boat passed the statue of liberty. I was yelling at him because I didnt know he was doing so and one picture had my angry picture and the other with me smiling. He laughed and I told him to delete the other one but he said no.

We also took a picture together as i reminded him we have no pictures with just us. He put his arms around me and even ran inside to grab his blazer so he'd look nice. He would do that several times throughout the night, even us just watching the city lights from the boat.

The guy would occasionally run up to me and tell me to go with him around the boat. He managed to get me free shots and when teasing him, he would flex his muscles and put his arms around me.

We eventually docked and me and corey left. Corey commented how the guy seem to be into me and flirting with me the whole night. I said "yes, that usually happens" and he said "oh really?" and i said "well i don't know. i think he was just nice."

We took the train home and i started talking about how much my ex bothered me and how sad it was it didnt work. I told him what a great guy he was and how much i trusted him. We talked about the argument and how sensitive i realized i am. I also finally told him what CG said and he said she does that with everyone and not to take it personally, though he agreed her delivery could be better. I told him not to tell her and that we should take a cruise. He agreed we should plan something and next year go on a road trip.

That's all to report. I had a great night and i said to him how nice it was he picked me to be his plus one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.