1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

As a gay person, how important is it for you....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lola LaRouge, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Midknight96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    To quote my favorite anime character, "I don't care."

2. idream

idream Guest

I'm not too good at friends, let alone getting into a relationship, so I figure I'd also seek a girlfriend from whatever friend pool I have. And yeah, its great to be able to discuss sexuality with those who get it.

3. Pereirar

Pereirar Guest

Sexuality to me is irrelevant. I have tons of LGBT friends and straights friends. Since straights are majority then my friendliest will follow...at least until they all give in to their bisexual nature lol

4. ThinWhiteDuke

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not at all important to me, I actually have only no gay male friends but I don't really need to have them as I don't need people to relate to my sexuality. It's not that big of a deal with me as long as my friends are supportive that's it.

5. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

I have NO gay friends IRL but I do have them on here but I do have gay acquaintances? I mean I consider almost EVERYONE a friend but it takes a long time or deep conversations to become close friends :/

6. heyguyswhatsup

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Lol, he's not that bad of a person, it's just that belief he has that makes him appear so. I would rather not jeopardise an already-stable friendship for a confession to something that isn't his concern anyway.

7. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It helps to have gay friends, but I'm not going to ditch my amazing, supportive straight friends just because I'm out. The way they've supported me through my coming-out process just reaffirms to me the importance of having them in my life as my friends.

8. LiquidSwords

Yeahh, most of my closest friends have seen me cry when I came out and hugged me and told me it's okay and talked to me about it afterwards when I wanted to and even have come with me to gay bars since, soo nahh I don't think I'll be ditching these amazing people soon.

Yeah, you can relate to another gay person on gay issues more than you can a straight friend but being gay isn't the entirety of who I am and the idea that I can't be true friends with someone who's not gay is crazy.