1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Growing up

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Fallenlunatic, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Fallenlunatic

Japan (a foreigner unfortunately. A lot harder)
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    How was it for you guys?

Mine really sucks, but I'm still "growing up" anyway. Hoping I can make things better while growing up.

2. idream

idream Guest

Still growing up toocx it sucks!

3. Polterpup

Oh, HEEELL no. I will forever live my life as a child. Obviously I have high expectations for myself. CARTOONS AND VIDEO GAMES FOREVER!

4. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    meh, im going to be 18 this year still does not make it any easier

5. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had everything I wanted, except family... my parents divorced when I was 1 y/o.

6. Hexagon

Rather painful, really.

7. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was born 45 and only got older from there... :dry:

8. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Not brilliant My older sister died when I was 5 That sort of ended mum & dads marriage they were always fighting anyway.then the gay things came .

9. heyguyswhatsup

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Mmmmm, fun. Was fun.

No more growing up to do. #problemsbeing18 #wanttobeforeveryoung

10. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sucked. When I was young I thought that everything would magically be different when I got older. Now I'm 21 and I've realized that I'm still the same, I just also happen to have to do adult things.

11. justjade

I'm 25, and I'm just now growing out of my teenage boy phase. But I think being raised as a girl had a lot to do with that. I had a hard childhood, but I think it's pretty much thoroughly behind me now. Having more responsibility is hard, but somehow, it makes me feel better. I just wish I had the capacity to have as much fun as I did when I was a kid.

For those of you who are still teenagers, wait until you get to be my age. You'll be waking up with aches and pains, forgetting everything, and drinking in the afternoon. :lol:

12. Fallenlunatic

Japan (a foreigner unfortunately. A lot harder)
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well I grew up without a father. And I don't really know how to act around guys sometimes lol.

I spent my whole elementary years being an outcast and letting everyone shine while me ... I'm just in that corner watching people being so popular in school. but to be honest I always felt lonely because I felt like nobody really likes me as their friend. Because I feel like I'm a boring person, and I get called tomboy a lot of times. And I waasn't really able to enjoy it and show who I really am.

I haven't actually heard myself sing because, I don't know there's just something I feel when I try to sing my confidence and motivations instantly dies, up until now.

I wanted to be someone or prove that I can also do something but nah, I was a shy coward lolz :lol:

I'm hoping to change that now that I'm not in that "hell" school anymore.

13. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Growing up I suffered intensely from my illness, so it was pretty terrible.

14. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

The thing about growing up is that it is a transition, it's a process; you dont hit 18, 19, 20, etc and are AN ADULT. Legally yes but everything else just comes with time and experience a step at a time. You get a flat and have to learn to change a tire, you buy things, you go plafes, you hold jobs, pay a bill with them, until you make enough to keep doing it more, you just do things. You meet people, you do things, make appointments, all these things build a hill you dont realize you're on the top of until you look down and see others that just hit "adult" age and realoze "well hey i have done some stuff!" and ultimately adults are kids with more decisions and freedom and I dont think that is always something to hate or be afraid of or sad about.

tl;dr its alright if u think about it less

thats how i read the question anyway, if yiu want to know how my childhood was it was really really dull and i dont miss ot

15. Jwis

Well most of you are still pretty young. Growing up is a good thing. Sure there are more responsibilities, but you have a lot more freedom and life can be good.

I love my work, I can do what I want when I want. I can still do things that I did when I was a child if I wanted to. My interests have changed though and I enjoy more adult activities.

I am in my late 20's and looking forward to my 30's it should be a good decade!

16. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I was a little hellion. Mean, rude, and just downright not enjoyable. I didn't start mellowing out until I was 18, and even then, it wasn't noticeable until I was about 20.

My childhood wasn't bad, but it was uneventful when it came to my parents. So long as I didn't get them involved in my troubles, they'd pretty much let me do what I wanted. I took advantage of this, so I was always out late, getting into trouble, and just being that kid who, almost everyone in middle school, is in awe of, because they get to do what they want. I had some good times, mind you. These were mostly provided by a caring set of maternal grandparents, who thought I just needed a little love. Well, it did work, but not as soon as they would have liked. I took advantage of their hospitality, and it isn't something I'm very proud of.

If we exclude the stint in sexuality and gender identity, a lot of my "growing up" was just learning how the world worked. I used to think, if I simply wanted it, it would happen. Well, getting your ass knocked down a few times, quickly teaches you, that isn't how it works and you have to learn compromise, tact, and when to hold or fold. I miss certain aspects of this, but others, not so much. I think the biggest thing I miss is, being able to do almost anything, and not being held responsible for it. That feeling of invincibility is, quite intoxicating.

It's been mentioned before, but just because you hit a certain age, doesn't mean you have to stop being how you feel. I'm very young at heart, and in spirit! Serious business 24/7 isn't a very appealing thing to me, as I like to cut up and be laughing. Sure, work is probably going to eat away at your free time, and bills and taxes are going to suck away your fun funds, bu-- actually, being an adult is mostly about busting your ass for money, then having to fork it over. LOL.

But seriously, finding good company and having good times, makes life enjoyable. You can do that when you're young, when you're middle-aged, or even old. Interests may change and priorities may too, but your desire to live and love, they don't have to.

17. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I grew up too fast. While a lot of kids my age were worrying about kid stuff, I was worrying about if we were going to be able to pay our bills or have food in our house, not really something a kid should be thinking about.

18. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

It was somewhat normal, then shit happens.

19. TurtleCat

A mixed bag, I'd say.

I had really great parents when I was growing up. I think that makes my adolescence better than a lot of people's. They were always very supportive, took good care of me, were there for me, etc.

However, on the flipside, I was also very isolated, had to deal with a lot of illness in my family, both mental and physical, etc. All in all, I'm glad for my childhood because I feel like I did really have it good in a lot of ways, and it also helped shape me into the person I am today.

20. Sam.i.am1130

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Mine was very, very difficult also.. Same "missing" father issues.. but he wasnt really missing. I also had many steep and drastic landslide/trainwreck set backs happen that there was no way i could get anyone to understand because of the way i was poorly adjusted socially.

The only good things i remember where tv, movies and video games and some other things.