1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So you could say I'm straight

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by edy, Aug 25, 2014.

1. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

so because u cant identify with a select few gay people and had some bad romantic experiences (?), u want to be a woman to be straight??

2. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    They just want certain things that I can't offer

They want to date people just like them, with the mindset of a guy just like them (that's what homo - same- stands for) they usually don't like people with a mind of a girl, that's why they're gays

3. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Can we please drop the femmephobia? A feminine gay man does not have the mind of a girl - that would be transgender.

I'm not sure how hostile lesbians are to butch women, but it can't be much worse than some of the reactions gay men have towards others who don't fit their masculine ideal.

4. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    While I do feel like you have issues that I am not even qualified to address, I feel as if some people on here are being very rude and insensative to your feelings. It doesn't matter what you label yourself. Label yourself whatever makes you happy. Just do you, you know? However, if you do have any internalized homophobia, it might be best to talk to someone whether that is a psycologist or just someone trustworthy and try to resolve that. But just for now worry less and just live your life and don't worry about what other people (gay or straight) will think. We can't tell you who you are. That's something you just have to figure out for yourself. Good luck. :slight_smile:

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Sounds like you have a lot of internalized homophobia my friend

6. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Listen.

If you want to identify as straight, go for it. It's your identity. Not theirs.

I'm asexual, but I say gay because it's so much easier. Am I homosexual? No. But I still use the gay label, because I am a boy who exclusively likes other boys.

Straight =/= heterosexual if gay =/= homosexual.
    Straight = heterosexual if gay = homosexual.

I go with the former. Others go with the latter. And yet others go with something else. It's really up to you.

And, keep in mind that heterosexual people do not have to be binary. "Heterosexual" means exclusively attracted to a different gender - not the opposite gender. On the other hand, "homosexual" means you're exclusively attracted to the same gender. Not really the best idea for a non-binary person, but, if you want to identify as homosexual, who's stopping you?

7. iGustavoLeon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No really, if anyone ask me seriously i say the truth

8. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Look, I have nothing to do with gay people (at least romantically speaking), and that's fine

I must be something else. It's not internalized homophobia

9. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people

why? :dry:

10. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay, I just saw this.

"Homo"— same— does not apply to the mindset of a person. That's completely unrelated to your sexual orientation. What is related is the gender of the person. If you're only attracted to the same gender— not the same mindset— that's what it is to be homosexual.

11. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    so what's my gender then? I'm NOT male ok? therefore I'm straight

12. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    From on a few threads you said you hated gay men.

---------- Post added 28th Aug 2014 at 08:05 AM ----------

If your a woman your a straight woman.
    Just label yourself a straight woman if you want.

13. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Edy, Your posts are self-inconsistant. Look down at your crotch area. If you see a penis, you are physically a male. Females don't have one. One of the two things highlighted in red in the attached picture is incorrect. Why don't you start by fixing one of them so that your self-description makes sense to people reading your posts. If you only feel like you should have had female plumbing but you weren't born with it, that is a different condition.

Generally speaking, if two people, both having penises, are interacting sexually, they are homosexuals, not straight, because they are of the SAME physical sex. That is what the "homo" in homosexuals means, homogeneous , not heterogeneous; the same not the opposite.

I am not saying this to be rude, only to clarify what the terms mean. If you want to apply different meanings to the general dictionary definitions in use, you are only going to confuse people who are trying to help, and probably yourself too.

Attached Files:

14. YaraNunchuck

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I actually disagree with this. Merriam Webster defines heterosexual as person attracted to the opposite sex; heterosexual is a binary term. Now, I know in the LGBT community we often nuance or redefine mainstream terminology which lacks sufficient subtlety to describe our experiences, but doing so here would seem to open a can of worms.

As far as I'm aware, androphilia/gynephilia are widely used terms, especially by genderqueer people. Why use straight when androphile will do? Is it the status of being straight, the social cachet?

15. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I really don't want to offend you... therefore I am not gonna say what is going on with you. But for your own well being and happiness, you really should talk to someone professional, a councelor, whoever and try to get this worked out. I really think it would benefit you to talk to someone other than a forum. But I hope SOME advice you got from this forum was in some way helpful.

16. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think I agree with this. If a trans woman who still has her penis is having sex with a cisgender man, then they are straight. Saying otherwise would be invalidating the woman's gender. I don't think any trans person would want to be referred to as their birth sex.

It's not so much to do with sex than it has to do with gender.

Well, fair-enough. Definitions can be debatable, and honestly, I would rather see the "heterosexual = attracted to different gender" instead of the "opposite," as "hetero" means "different/other", not "opposite". Dictionaries can change as well. Gay used to mean happy, but now that definition is pretty much obsolete.

As for androphilic and gynephilic:

My really long two cents. Sorry.

And, yeah, I went a lot into semantics, but I know some people don't. So I suppose you can just ignore this entire wall of text. :lol:

17. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

That last thing you mentioned is kind of an interesting point. Heterosexual literally means attracted to the opposite gender. You could see woman and men both being your opposite gender, so if you're only attracted to men you could be seen as heterosexual, especially if you're mainly female. In the end it's up to you to decide how you want to label yourself if at all. I've noticed a lot of people in this thread have been suggesting labels to you as if it would be a bad thing if you're straight, and it's not.

18. Caelestis

I would go with bisexual. Cuz if your a dude sometimes and youre still attracted to men, you can say oh im bisexual becuase when you go back into being a woman, you wouldnt want to be gay cuz that would make you a lesbian. It just works

19. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    and you guys are invalidating MY gender

---------- Post added 28th Aug 2014 at 08:08 PM ----------

I don't think I ever see myself as a guy when I'm with another guy :thumbsup:

20. KayJay

Let me jump into this pretty intense thread here. I've a simple solution for you, edy.

Cut gender out of the equation. Who do you like? Men right? Just say you like men if someone asks you your orientation. I think that is what people are trying to say with the other terms. You don't need to have your sexuality and gender linked. What really matters when someone asks your orientation is who you are attracted to.

I am not really sure if I am making sense here.

You say you do not see yourself as a guy when you are with a guy. What about when you are alone? Do you still feel like you aren't a guy or do you feel like a guy? I think you may need to sort out your gender issues first.