1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How difficult is be L or G or B or T?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by iGustavoLeon, Aug 27, 2014.

1. iGustavoLeon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would like to know how difficult is for you? or is it easy?

2. ouji

ouji Guest

It is not difficult to be LGBT where I live. I live in a very accepting area. I am not out fully, but to the people I have come out to they have all been extremely supportive. I live in a very liberal area so being LGBT is easy. I have not had any problems.

3. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So far being the B hasn't been comparable to other more real problems I've faced. Being the T is proving to be intimidating. I gotta get my independence back to be more confident.

4. Being the L is all good with my school, friends, and family. Being the T* is all good with school and friends but, not so much with my family.

5. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
  6. iamjustababy

iamjustababy Active Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not at all! My entire family is accepting, most of my friends are accepting and life is looking good as an L!
    Even though you didn't add it, I'm also a + :lol: and that's also going good!

7. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

It depends on situation for me. I'm basically G and T. G is pretty easy. But that's because being gay or queer is often overlooked when I'm trans. And you know, honestly my life isn't too hard for being trans. I just go about my day. The only hurdles have been coming out and trying to navigate the work force. Once I legally change my documents, the latter's going to be a lot easier.

8. Acm

Acm Guest

I'm T and G and I live in a pretty conservative area so I'm not able to transition at all right now so it kind of sucks :frowning2:
    Most people assume I'm a lesbian and I feel like I get judged a lot on that alone so I don't think being gay is very easy here either.
    Hopefully when I leave this town and get to start transition life will be easier

9. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I live in an area that's awful for LGBT people, but my family is the odd people out. They're very supportive of LGBT people. So when I come out to them, I will probably have their support and no one else's. Although I probably have it better than people who have it the other way around, with an accepting community and hateful family.

10. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Overall I think my life is a bit more difficult than average but I should manage it. Nowadays at worst I usually have people mistaking my kindness for flirting. Because you know some confused people think that bisexual somehow equals easy and/or much more sex obsessed than the average person. Maybe I simply make a lot of sexual innuendos because of years of repression and thinking sex is evil.

Being a trans guy is pretty much like living inside a body horror movie. Uncomfortable unholy terror unless one mentally disassociates. But even then maybe it's only fair that life handicaps me. I'm lucky in a few ways. Also, it would suck if everyone knew I'm turned on by morally questionable situations. I can usually handle invasive questions but I gotta remind myself to inform people that it isn't okay to ask other trans people this or that. Often I think my greatest fear is myself. Hell, it's only recently that I'm learning to stop... bullying myself. For example, I used to insult myself when I failed to perform to high standards in my video games.

My romantic relationships are kinda mixed but mostly positive. Yeah, I live in a fairly accepting place. Moved house a lot as a kid but spent most of my childhood in a drug-infested town. However... very few complaints about that. We moved house again when I was 11. I attended a different high school than expected. That's when it all went wrong. So I got beaten up and called a spastic. Thank f**k that's over and done with. I fit in the countryside okay and most people don't think I'm originally from the city. That's basically my life story excluding (awesome) college xD

11. Candace

It depends on the setting and locale. On my university's campus, it's very open and accepting. Out here in more rural settings, you'd be pressed to find people who are very open and accepting, I'm afraid :/.

12. Hexagon

Right now, I don't struggle at all. I've had one of the surgeries I need for transition, and the other isn't so important. I don't face discrimination because no one knows I'm trans. As for sexuality, it isn't a big deal. I'm open about it, and I don't get much trouble. I don't really care if some random people think less of me for being queer.

In the past though, it was a lot harder.

#12 Hexagon, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  13. That one guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Apart from the usual jokes by my friends (which I can handle) it's absolutely fine.

14. thekillingmoon

Having a homophobic family who I know would never be supportive sucks, so I have to keep it a secret from them, for now at least. And generally, I don't expect people to respond positively to it. Finding someone to date is another difficulty, the one that upsets me the most. I fear I'll never meet another lesbian living where I live.

15. cuppycake

Exactly. My biggest fear is that I will never find love, because everyone is just so homophobic, including my family and my country. I just feel like I'm doomed to be lonely. Everyone my age has at least been kissed before by the person they like/love/date, and I feel like I'll never be able to find someone like that here. I just have to move out of my country to have at least a tiny chance of meeting a lesbian, and living in another country is extremely difficult and requires quite the amount of money for a home I can't afford. It's just ... so exhausting to watch others fall in love and hold hands, while you're just stuck here all alone.
    I will try to believe that some day I'll meet someone, though. It's good to have hope!

16. BiShoegazer

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Quite difficult as it seems that most of my friends and family find anything that isn't heterosexuality to be unnatural, wrong and for some unknown reason funny.

They also tend to think that all gay/bisexual males are exactly the same as the stereotypes of those two orientations. So I suppose in a way they'll never suspect me because I'm the anti-typical stereotype but that at the same time makes it worse as it will be even harder to come out to them.

17. itsAli

It's hard being trans, there isn't much education on the topic here besides a few documentaries on the tv,the doctors don't know what they're doing and there's hardly any gender clinics
    Then there's your own dysphoria, ignorant people misgendering you and generally feeling shitty

18. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    With my stepmother...very. Before I told her, it was so easy and was actually proud of it. Not so much anymore...

19. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well to the people I've come out to, it's been pretty good.

To those I haven't come out to... my parents, who will most likely look at it like they are losing a son and my job, which would protect my rights yet a single parent or a few would raise such a stink that due to the "disruption to the school climate" I would lose my job.

So I'm stuck at being half time female. I identify as female but in all practical purposes I'm genderfluid... I.e. A chameleon.

And frankly if people get over me being trans then my orientation should be no issue.

20. Ryujin

Om not even sure if I am. I'm constantly questioning, re-evaluating, analysing. I seem to have this need for evidence about myself, and then overlook any piece that styles me as non-straight, or sometimes I'll look over any evidence of bring straight.
    So yeah, it's not as bad as some of the others, but I'd say that the stress I'm having is difficult.