1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Testosterone and acne?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by NingyoBroken, Aug 28, 2014.

1. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Hey guys, Aki here

So I never thought (well, maybe that's a lie) about taking testosterone, pretty much because I still want to be androgynous, and body hair runs in the family, even I can grow quite a bit of it if I wanted to (especially thick leg hair)

That and my singing voice which means more to me than anything.

But hey, I could always shave right? And I've seen plenty of good singers who remained good or got better after testosterone as well. My voice is already in a low range suprisingly, I can hit pretty much all notes guys can naturally with no strain and no weird/unnatural sound. (Though I'm a bit afraid of loosing my intensity, I sing rock music. The FTM singers I saw all had soft voices even to begin with.)

I feel like having to shave more would be a small price to pay comparing to the benefits. It's amazing how much T can help you pass, especially with that male voice I desire so much... .

Beautiful results:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kkn4aBi7Jqw

Look at how cute he is! I just wanna squeeze him (then tell him how jealous I am)

At the moment I'm okay with what I call my Shota-voice (little boy voice)
    But I feel like in the future it may bother me. And I just love the sound of the male voice

So.. Maybe?!

But there is one thing.

I have an acne problem. Had it really bad when I was younger. It still comes back every time that time of the month does, and it is literally unfixable until that time is over.

Only thing that worked in those days is washing with water, and still then I had to cover my face with makeup to hide it, which was annoying.

Would a horrifying and permanent acne comeback be inevitable? If it makes a difference, I am afraid of needles so I would go the skin patch route.

Just curious. I'm not seriously planning on taking T, but I want to know the side effects just in case, since I have thought about it.

#1 NingyoBroken, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2014
  2. Litveninko

once you get on T you can't reverse anything back. It has its pros and cons. I have seen some guys on T and never had acne, at least severe acne. It all depends on the genes. If you come from generation that had severe acne. Theres no way to prevent it. You want T just to have a male voice? Theres alot of tricks helps, and you already have a low voice, so its helpful.

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  4. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Yes, my dad had bad acne, and my mother had acne too.

I still have it slightly especially around "those" times.

I've been doing vocal exercises to make my voice even deeper, and they work pretty well. My friends say they have been noticing it.

I recorded myself just talking, and I think I sound like a teen boy who's voice hasn't dropped yet. Hence why I call it my "Shota-voice". Haha.

But it will never sound like a grown males voice.

Though really deep voices runs in the family, most of my female relatives would probably have quite a man voice by now if they were doing the things I'm doing to make mine more masculine, haha

So perhaps it will change more as I get older. I have hope!

As I said, I was only curious ^^

---------- Post added 29th Aug 2014 at 12:26 PM ----------

Nothing I ever tried got rid of my acne as a kid. Only ever made it worse. To the point when I stopped trying anything but washing my face, only then did it clear up. I am pretty paranoid of trying anything now, as nothing ever worked. So when I break out occasionally, I pretty much leave it alone and if goes away.
    With T I am afraid it would permenately come back.

#4 NingyoBroken, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2014
  5. stormborn

you could consider going to a dermatologist and getting put on some medication if you do get acne.

6. Litveninko

bad. You ll have acne then. And probarly the only way to sound like a man is to be on T. You have privilage that you come from deep voiced families, haha, its okay with your shota voice xD. You might consider T after you become.. Umm grown up enough.

7. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Acne is treatable. I've seen transguys with moderate-severe acne and they found ways to lighten it up or make it go away. If it's a concern for you, find a dermatologist to see if they have a plan you can work on. There are home remedies, but I don't trust them.

Hell, you might get lucky and not have to deal with it much.

8. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had bad acne around that ti.e of the month before I went on T too. Since I don't have that anymore, that acne has gone away. I now just have the occasional breakout that I can manage woth acne creams and body washes.

9. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Wow, that's awesome

Gives me hope!