1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News NRA insensitive tweet after Arizona gun accident

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by RainDreamer, Aug 27, 2014.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I fully support the NRA and anybody should have the right to handle any weapon and use it for fun or self defense when absolutely necessary. Of course a nine year should not even be touching a gun but I don't think a incident like this should cause more gun control legislation. I don't think if someone has been convicted of a violent crime they should be able to own a gun or even if they are mentally unbalanced. Gun control will just cause more crime just as drug laws has caused more crimes. Because if people cannot get guns or drugs in a safe and productive way they will use violent means to get them causing more crime than there was.

2. RainDreamer

We aren't even talking about gun control yet. We are talking about how insensitive NRA is, talking about making shooting fun for kids when a kid had just shot someone dead by accident 2 days ago. They didn't even try to address problems about gun safety and proper procedures of handling a gun in a gun range to at least be helpful in preventing these kinds of accidents in the future.

No matter whether you are pro-gun or not, NRA is a horrible organization to represent gun owners.

3. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is sad that someone died but it is the responsibility of the company to make sure all employee and customers to make sure the kids have fun in a safe way. I don't find this tweet offensive at all personally to mr.

4. Water lover

Water lover Guest

Agreed the gun range that this happened in was marketed for having automatic weapons. As someone who has been around guns sense a young age (7-8 ish) I have to say the businesse should hold the blame in all reality(though the employee was not following proper protocols). Where I live you go through weeks of training to be able to get hunting l license(yes some of you hicks still hunt and trap for food/fun). Also in Michigan for you to be able to own/shoot automatic guns you need a sequitur clearance higher than most members of armed forces. Even with me being an avid gun enthusiast I was applaud to hear that such facilities exist.

I can't imagine what kind of pain everyone is going through after this accident. The poor unfortunate little girl. The instructors family.

---------- Post added 29th Aug 2014 at 10:26 PM ----------

I can't agree with this more...

5. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I must agree. Especially for a child. A BB gun or an airsoft gun of a comparable style to what the adults are shooting is great for teaching the basic safety and aiming techniques, and with the lower velocity projectiles, has less risk of fatal injury than a firearm when the child inevitably makes a safety mistake while learning. Once they've mastered the safety and aiming techniques, then they can move on to firearms such as a pistol, rifle, or shotgun. (Trap shooting is fun)

6. Water lover

Water lover Guest

I may be gay but I think I just fell in love. Totally agree with all major points must add the parents must treat all "toy" guns as real guns to make the children respect them.

7. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

nra are notoriously inconsiderate assholes and iirc they did something similar after sandy hook where within days tey jumped the offensive. like holy shit wait a few months and at least PRETEND to care about the kids and teachers that died???

8. 741852963

Yup, presuming an instructor/shooter was wearing appropriate eye protection a low to mid powered BB gun/airsoft gun would not cause life threatening or life changing injuries if an accident were to happen. That is what surprises me, that anyone (regardless of age here) is allowed to fire such heavy power weapons without intensive preliminary training or licenses.

9. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

WOULDNTA HAPPENED IF HE HAD A GUN

...wait......

10. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i no riht? :lol:

11. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The NRA makes me laugh. It's not so much about gun rights anymore, so much as it is about a lot of paranoid white folks, scared of all those colored folks and foreigners.

It's funny, almost, to see how racist and xenophobic the NRA acts.

12. SeaSalt

Only cowards need guns to fight. Real men fight with fisticuffs and strongly worded letters!

13. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The problem with that is that cowards need to be dealt with, and I wouldn't like the chances of irate letters against supersonic bits of lead.

I am usually all for the NRA, but it is quite crass of them to talk about fun after an incident like this. If I were in charge of content for them, I'd be talking about responsible introduction of guns to kids with a focus on safety. Yes they can be fun, but above all, they are a tool of necessity. And we need no reminding that extremely bad things can happen when they are abused.

14. SeaSalt

Letters no, fists YES!

[​IMG]