1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am i transsexual????

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ThisIsaName, Sep 2, 2014.

1. ThisIsaName

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I first came across the term transsexual about a year ago, when i was curious about whether biological males could become females, as i have had periods of time when i wished i was a girl. Usually, depression follows, then after about a week or two i become fine with being a male, then suddenly i wish i was a female again. So i was just wondering.... am i transsexual? or is there something wrong with me...

2. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

You could be trans, but perhaps you might be genderfluid. It might help if you could tell us more. How do you feel about your body? When you're fine with being a male do you adopt a more masculine persona, or does it stay the same?

3. ThisIsaName

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I'm fine with being male, but I've always been more feminine, and my relatives always say i am really girly._.sooo yeaaa....And i don't exactly get the difference between transsexual's and genderfluid's... maybe you could explain it to me? and thanks btw :grin:

4. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

The difference between transexuals and genderfluid people is mostly how often they feel like the opposite gender. A transexual is a type of transgendered person, specifically one that undergoes a medical transition to the opposite sex. Most of them pretty much (if not 100%) always feel like the opposite sex. Genderfluid people on the other hand feel like different genders at different times. Those genders could be man and woman, but it might be other identities as well. I think the biggest question to determine what you are is to ask what gender you consider yourself as. Another question to ask yourself is if you feel uncomfortable with the male features in your body. While it's not the only indicator, most trans people have some form of gender dysphoria based on their body, or how they are treated socially. Does it upset you when people refer to you as male?

By the way I noticed under gender you listed male (trans*) but that is meant to refer to people who are born female and transition to male.

#4 Wuggums47, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
  5. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might have a look at this:
    Am I Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, or Transgender?

The transgender spectrum goes i.e. from people living with almost androgynous appearance, to styling more like the preferred gender, to taking hormones, to srs.
    Of course the list is not all possible options.
    It's up to you to collect further information...
    You might also for example talk to a gender therapist or someone from an lgbt center, if that's what you want.

I would do things I'm comfortable with, don't feel pressured to do something... its your decision...
    There is no only one right way to do this.
    Its your choice what you want to do...

If transitioning from male to female people are called trans women...

#5 jay777, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  6. ThisIsaName

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thanks for all the help! I guess i need to do some more research on this topic._. and maybe think about it more...

7. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have times when I wish I could be a girl and how nice it would be. Mostly because then I could be normal -- liking guys would be fine. However, most of the time I don't feel like any particular gender. I am physically a man (who likes men) so that's just what I am. In my brain I don't really feel like any gender. I am still comfortable in my body. So, just because you don't feel masculine or wish you were a girl sometimes doesn't mean you're trans.

8. IS92

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd definitely do some research and thinking about this, like you said you were going to. This stuff takes thought.
    Anyway, just wanted to jump in and say that I identify as genderfluid and can relate to a lot of what you were saying. If you ever want to talk, feel free to message me. :slight_smile:

9. ThisIsaName

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Tried to message you but apparently i cant message regular members.. D:

10. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You can leave a message on their walls... just click on the username -> view public profile...

#10 jay777, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  11. IS92

Out Status:
    A few people
    ^ This. :grin:
    Sorry, I didn't realize you couldn't message me. I'm a little new to the whole forum thing in general, to be honest. ^-^'

12. ThisIsaName

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Apparently, i cant write on walls either..

13. Holly82

I just recently started going through the same thing. I had been in therapy for almost a year and had been doing self work a few years before that. As I dove deeper into my mind I came to a point where my mind and body no longer felt like separate entities. At that point, if I imagined my body was female, I felt whole, confident, complete, and comforted. It's really difficult identifying something which you were never looking for in the first place. I still don't know what to classify myself as, all i know is that when I'm "Holly", I'm happy. Everything starts to fit. (except for the life I've built up to this point!)

14. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Its possible you need 10 postings before being able to leave a wall message.

Postings in any section might do, maybe you could find a few interesting postings and make a few contributions.

15. IS92

Out Status:
    A few people
    I did a little digging through the forums to find out why, and I found that you do need 10 posts to write on walls, like jay777 said. Also, anything other than the Fun and Games section of the forums counts towards that total.