1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What will you do if you found 1 billion $?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Litveninko, Sep 1, 2014.

1. iHateThinking

Sign me up. :grin:

But, wow. A whole billion dollars. I'd probably spend anywhere from a quarter to a half on charity/helping the homeless and getting them stable. Some would go into research for mental health. I'd like to imagine I'd be this philanthropic.

Then I'd use the rest to pay off my student loans, buy myself, my mum and my family a nice series of houses, splurge on all my "techno-gadgets" and all the art, books, and video games I could possibly indulge myself in with the rest of the cash. But I may deal with student loans and such first, if only to get them out of the way.

Oh, I'd also find some room in there to invest into different fields/stocks. Cause it'd be nice to have some kind of money after that, even if it's from a different source. The shift from sudden-wealth to limited wealth again would probably be a huge shock, so some cushion would be helpful in managing the shift.

2. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

1. I would buy a huge mansion on a tropical island with the best view.

2. I would shower my adorable future girlfriend with heaps of expensive gifts! Probably a Diamond Heart necklace with a picture of the both of us in it.

3. I would give a fair bit of the money to my close family.

4. I would build a HUGE LGBT club/bar.

5. I would give some to the poor/hungry.

6. I would buy a REALLY nice car.

And with the rest I would just keep it saved maybe. I honestly don't know what I would do with 1 Billion Dollars! I would probably be in shock for a few days! :lol:

#42 ChloeKiss, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  3. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

i would also build a lesbian bar but holy SHIT i would not be manager but i would pay them well

4. cuppycake

Buy a nice house in some country and move there to live, then spend the rest of the money pampering myself, (my future girlfriend) and my grandmother. Whatever I buy will be expensive and top quality :з
    I'll also invest in a hotel so I can earn more money, because you can never have too much!

5. daisy448

daisy448 Guest

Donate half of it to various charities, who needs that much money anyway, then I'll get loads of classes like gymnastics and acting.

6. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Take $250,000,000 and exchange:
    - $50,000,000 in Euros
    - $50,000,000 in British Pounds
    - $50,000,000 in Japanese Yens
    - $50,000,000 in Swiss Francs
    - $50,000,000 in Chinese Yuans

Take $250,000,000 and purchase land, where Coltan is located. Coltan is used in countless electronic devices, so, I would easily make my money back, by renting the land out, and insisting upon a percentage of any sales, where the resource was in.

I'm at $500,000,000, I believe. I'd put aside, $2,000,000 for transitioning, as well as to cover the various steps, up to that point. This would include, clothes, future make up, hair appointments, and so on and so forth, for the rest of my life.

I'm at $498,000,000. I would use the $98,000,000 to create a large church, with accompanying hotel attached, and the operating costs. Operating under the church, I could claim it as a donation, and avoid taxes. The church would be a safe haven, for the homeless, or those who need sanctuary, which is why the hotel is there. Services will be provided, but they're optional to attend, and only to present to authorities authentication.

I'm at $400,000,000. I would spend $10,000,000 on batteries, lighters, various sized canisters, chain-link fences, wood, firearms and ammunition, hardware tools and accessories, cigarettes, and alcohol. These will all be useful, for a variety of reasons, for the foreseeable future. They also, in the event money is deemed worthless, are great bargaining tools.

I'm at $390,000,000. I would spend another $10,000,000 on building a private hanger, and the private plane. This amount includes licensing and training, as well as maintenance and fuel. With the private plane, I now have more mobile operation plans.

I'm at $380,000,000. I would spend $80,000,000 on an underground bunker, with generators, storage, and housing. Operation costs are included in this, to provide maintenance. It isn't that I'm paranoid, but why not? Ideally, it would be able to house 30 people.

I'm at $300,000,000. I would donate $100,000,000 to various things, of which I'd have to think about. Most likely, to LGBT-related groups, or to helping young folks, in troubled homes or who are homeless. Again, a write off, when it comes to taxes.

I'm at $200,000,000. I'd rent out the best club in the world, for a week, and fund anyone from EC that wanted to go's travel expenses. Food, entertainment, seating, and even resting quarters (hotel rooms), will be provided, and are included under 'travel expenses'. The price on this could vary, but I'd want to keep at least $1,000,000, at the very end.

Assuming the above goes as planned, and I still have my $1,000,000. I'd then buy myself the following:

- A ridiculous amount of McDonald's Chicken McNuggets.
    - A plane ticket to The Netherlands, First Class.
    - When I arrive in The Netherlands, I'm buying several grams of marijuana.
    - Some McDonald's Chicken McNuggets, to go with my after-smoke meal.
    - A plane ticket back to the United States, First Class.
    - Fill my car's gasoline tank up; take it to be professionally cleaned and tuned.
    - A larger bed, with silk sheets and plush comforters, as well as big pillows.

If we're being totally realistic. I'd take the money home, store it away, and only spend it in controlled amounts, and at different places. The biggest mistake many people make, when acquiring a large sum of money, is spending it way too fast, on way too much, thus arousing suspicion and, ultimately, getting busted.

If I wanted to make a significantly huge purchase, I would approach a bank, get a loan, and use that to make any significantly huge purchases. With the money I have stored away, I'll believably pay back any and all loans. This will improve my credit, and allow me to continually take out larger loans, which I will, obviously, be able to continually pay back. It'll take longer, but I can still achieve what I want.

I've thought about this too much...

7. Nikky DoUrden

I'll calculate how much money I need to move to canada and stay there for 10 years (and beyond i'll have a job that'll give me money anyway), and the rest i'll split with my fwends and charity 8)

8. robotman

I think its nice that alot of you would donate alot of the money to charities but how do you know that the money even goes to the charities and the big boys at the top don't just pocket the money? We all know that they kind of do that. That being said I would donate some money to various charities.

Anyways, first things first is that I would convert it into pounds which equals : £604699100 (rounded up to the nearest 100).

So I would give money to afew people, probably something like 10mil to my mum and dad, 10mil to my sister... I will probably give money to afew other family members aswell. I don't really think I would give money to anyone else though, I don't feel like anyone is there for me to be honest, the funny thing is when you come into money alot of people come out of the woodwork, act like they have been your best friend for years and beg you for money lol.

I would buy a penthouse for like 10mil (I always wanted to live in one of those). Buy a regular house for like 10mil. I would deffo buy a house in Miami and probably in some other location aswell. Then after that I guess I would just do what ever I wanted and never worry about anything in life ever again lol. I mean, I could probably buy a boyfriend lmao, buy some new friends (even though I would want real friends and a real boyfriend that actually liked me for me).

#48 robotman, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  9. LadyRedRover

Buy me and my dad a plot of land so we can have a rescue shelter for abandoned animals. Invest some of it. Donate the majority of it and travel around the world giving my dad the life he deserves. :slight_smile: Not necessarily in that order lol

10. Hexagon

I'd give a little away to friends and family, support myself while necessary, then use the rest to try and save the world. What else?

11. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know if you meant it to be amusing Aussie, but I really laughed at your response. :lol:

12. Candace

I'd give $50 million to a charity of my choice.

I'd save $100 million for myself and be able to buy a nice house, go travel wherever I wanted, and for a nice car. Maybe a summer home in Brazil too.

I'd use the rest of the money on my children's education fund, student loan payments, and buying any type of food that I wanted.

13. AlexTheGrey

Keep enough to invest, and live off the investments (a few million or so would do it). Not terribly interested in a giant house, or anything like that. I just want the financial freedom to pursue my own projects full time without risk.

The remaining ~990 million would go towards non-profits. Projects across the board really. Human rights, poverty, etc.

14. kem

kem

A billion is about 762 M€. More than a person could possibly spend in a lifetime.
    I'd build my own estate about 12—20km away from Helsinki, in the countryside I'd make it so that I use geothermal heat and produce my own electricity for the most part. I'd like to have my own chicken farm (where the animals are not killed, I'd just have some of their eggs occasionally), grow my own linen and veggies & fruit.

Then I'd invest HUGE amounts in solar panel technology and scientific projects in general, like, I'd invest at least 10 million in the vegan cheese project alone! I'd also back research on nuclear energy.

I'd start my scholarship funds for gifted young artists and students. I think it's important to support young talent.

So far:
    own home — at most 10 M€
    scientific investments — 100 M€
    scholarship funds — 200M€
    //
    I have no idea what to do with the rest.
    I'd travel a lot
    buy apartments all over the world and rent them out
    I'd use a lot of it on immaterial things.

15. Ryujin

You have too much time on your hands...

16. Polemarch

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would use that money to:

open hospitals that truly believes in customer service and not turning down people dire need of medical attention

Open a club/lounge

Franchise a major hotel

Have majority shares of a conglomerate

Then after turning that money into more money then I will fund medical research around the world

Plus I'm pretty sure it's a given but of course I'm going to spend some of that money to make my parents life easier and take care of whoever is my partner

17. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I prefer thinking of it as, always being prepared. LOL.

18. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Get top surgery, then move to Tokyo.

Possibly start T as well

19. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

edit: oh who am I kidding, I'd definitely start T if I was that rich

20. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would build a house for me and my pets, make sure my family was taken care of, and open an dog daycare/rescue center