1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is He Gay?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by NoClue, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoClue

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I figured I'd update since I hung out with corey yesterday.

Saturday, Corey tld me a coworker of his was in the hospital. Since I go to his job every week, I knew who it was and he said we should go visit her. She called him saturday while we were on the cruise and we decided to go sunday to visit her.

Sunday, we were really tired and spoke on the phone. We didn't go but we planned to go monday after work. I told him I was going to hang out with Steve and he says "why?" I said "well I haven't seen him in awhile." He replies "meh." I laughed and said "meh? Did you just say that?" He said yea. We had took a pciture together, just us on the cruise. I had mentioned earlier, we don't have any pictures of just us. He asked how come i didn't put it on facebook. I didn't want people we both knew, knowing we hang out but I told him I wasn't sure if he wanted me to put it up and tag him. He said "sure, we don't have any pictures together, you said." I said fine and we got off the phone. I put the picture up 10 minutes later and CG comments right away how handsome we look.

I hung out with steve and left to meet with corey. I met corey and we walked to the hospital. Once there, we sat and talked to her for a bit. She asked how saturday went and he said it was good and that he took me to the wedding. She laughed and asked how the night was and we filled her in. She talked about the job and i kept her company while he was setting stuff up for her. We would look at each other and I'd scrunch my nose as if to ask what? and he'd scrunch his nose back.

CG called and he picked up. She said she was getting off work and the coworker said "say hi to your friend for me." It struck me as weird because she referred to CG as friend. Even though she's said this before, she's met CG but I brushed it off.

Afterwards, we walked for a bit, him joking and making fun of me. He asked how my day with steve was and i told him I gave him a belated birthday card and gifts. He said "ok" and we joked some more. He mentioned going to the bar but he was tired. I said "ok" and that i was going home because I was tired and my phone was acting up. He mentioned that he realized after I put the picture up that people from high school liked the photo and he didnt want them to send him friend requests. I told him that was funny because someone added me after i posted the picture but then deleted the profile and friend request.

Today, me and him texted throughout the day and joked around since i was working and bored. He teased me about certain things and I argued with him as usual.

When I got home from work, I realized that our friend (the maid of honor) invited us out this thursday but I'm not too sure if I'm going or not and he has not responded. I'll probably ask him tomorrow. As a general rule, i tend to not hang with his friends without him as they are his friends. Thats all to report and the last 4 days were awesome. I realized how intimate our conversations are when no one else is around. We hadnt hung out, just us for long periods of time and I miss the feeling of closeness I get when it's just us.

2. scanner007

OMG NoClue,

Well I haven't responded in a while, but only because life has got me running to places I don't like. How nice is it for everyone to log on here, read your post on "the wedding day" and by living vicariously through you, enjoy a perfect day with someone you care deeply about....

Lets all set this music video playing in our minds to:
    "Not a Bad Thing"
    Justin Timberlake
    20/20 Experience 2 of 2
    RCA Records

Oh yes and as we read about your day NoClue, we can all enjoy it in our own imaginations and fit it in with pieces from our own lives to play out a movie. When Corey invites you to be his date. You guys dressing up together. That one magic moment in the wedding when you look up all sad and vulnerable...
    ...and the music swells into the chorus....
    "someone cuts your heart open with a knife, now you're bleeding"
    and when you look up your eyes meet Corey's and he smiles at you, lighting up your world...
    Don't you know that I could be that guy to heal it over time
    And I won't stop until you believe it
    'Cause baby you're worth it

and of course lets not forget all the laughter and happiness driving away in the limos, heading onto the boat...where nightfall comes and you and Corey share a magical moment and then the screen fades into those awesome panning aerial shots of the statue of liberty and a brightly lit cruise boat while the last part of the chorus plays and while Justin sings those elongated "meeees" you can feel like you're floating along up there looking down:

So don't act like it's a bad thing to fall in love with me, me
    It's not a bad thing to fall in love with me, me
    Not such a bad thing to fall in love with me
    (Not such a bad thing to fall in love with me)

*sighs* yes. definitely a beautiful day.

ahhh....the narcotic allure of unrequited love. However one-sided it may be, no one else there to interact with and spoil it with trivial qualms like reality. (I know people make promises, all the time, then they turn right around and break them) It plays out perfectly like a movie or a song. ((lol couldn't resist another lyrical insert))But leave it to good ole Scanner to remind everyone the song ends at some point.

At least when JT's song ends we can just tap replay on our phones and listen again which I admit I've done about 50 times with "Not a Bad Thing". With you and Corey though, especially after a day like that, hopefully you're getting to closer to the point where you need him to sing the chorus with you. And even if he's not singing the song you wanna sing, at least you'll both be singing together. And that's....

:::all together everyone:::

And that's....

Not a bad thing!

ROCK ON

3. NoClue

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Great post Scanner, I have that song on my ipod and probably will be on repeat for the week.

However, at the wedding we both sang "Why you gotta be so rude!!!!" That pretty much sums us up. :grin:

So saturday we hung out as usual. A new face popped up when I came. CG was there. However, Amy got very sick and CG was nursing her at the time. When corey said that, I turned and left and corey ran after me. He asked if everything was ok and i said yes. I went to the store across the street and got some food for Amy.

CG said she loved the picture of me and corey and downloaded it from Facebook to which she said corey called her a stalker. We talked about the wedding for a bit and the guy that "flirted" with me came up. Corey said he was flirting with me and i said generally, I just think guys are not flirting with me and they're just being nice.

I talked about going out during the week and corey asked who i went with. I said "a human" and CG said "oooo" Corey turned around from his work and said "who?" I couldn't lie and I told him it was a coworker. He seemed satisfied and continued wiorking. I also mentioned next saturday, a friend that i made out with invited me out with a bunch of people. Corey said "no, you're not going." I said "why not?" And he asks "do you want to go?" I said "not sure yet but its not that far from your job." He dropped the subject.

We decided to get food, Amy was feeling a bit better and so we went to a resturant. Once we were there, Corey said he wasn't going to drink. We ordered our food and somehow the guy came up in conversation again. Corey said "as a heterosexual male, I would never run my hands through someone's hair." I laughed internally because I do have a picture where he did so. CG comments how I turn guys gay and brought up the gay guy who hit on me. Corey looked at her and said "what about him?" She was going to speak and he said "he's gay." So she dropped the subject.

Again I brought up the friend inviting me out because I also had another invitation for other plans. Again, he said no and again i asked why and he asked if i wanted to go. He didnt push any further. I also told him i was hanging out with steve the next day and he asked why. I said because he asked me to. I showed him a text steve sent me which was really sweet and he laughed because my response was that i got tanned.

We started talking about dysfunctional families and corey commented how interesting the conversation was. I turned to him while CG and Amy spoke and said "I dont like talking about my family." He asked why and i told him i have trouble trusting people and telling people stuff. He said it was fine and that he would not repeat what was said but i still didnt feel comfortable.

Eventually the conversation shifted to me and my ex and while CG and amy continued their conversation, he told me how he feels that I just miss being in a relationship and not dave. He also said "you are happier now than when you were with him." I told him I understood but I couldnt help feeling how I felt. He said "you gave it your all. you deserve to be happy and I'm confident you will find it. You deserve to be with someone who wouldn't forget your birthday. Someone who'd plan your birthday and make it special." I was a bit puzzled because he was the person who planned my birthday. He spent my birthday with me and planned everything. And he's done that for 2 years now.

Hearing CG speak about Corey i couldnt help but feel she really likes him. She said he helped her with so much in her life and while i felt a twinge of jealousy, i also felt guilty. Of course he said "we fight all the time and threaten to break up all the time." I still felt like shit.

Throughout the night me and him were touchy as usual. He patted my knee and felt my thigh. Then he exclaimed "his skin is so smooth theyre smoother than yours" to CG. She got offeneded and I turned to her and said "you can feel my legs" She did and agreed but said "smooth AS mine." He also placed a bib on my lap since I had messy food which i thought was sweet.

I ended up drinking and he decided to as well even though he said he wouldn't. After all that, we walked to the train and I left. Well thats all to report.

4. scanner007

NoClue,

Yeah that was the song going through my head as I read your post. "Not a Bad Thing" by Justin Timberlake just puts me in that zone where I wanna hold a man close and slow dance forgetting all time and reality. Nothing else exists but us. And I guess, in a way, thats how I imagined you enjoying your day with Corey...a perfect day..with him. "Rude" by Magic! is a decent tune as well, just doesn't seem to have that ethereal magic JT brings to his song.

On the guy that flirted with you... Yes I'd have to say the nipple grabber guy (I dunno what else to call him, maybe Tyler?) was probably flirting with you. Free shots, body contact, etc. I mean com'n there's being nice and then there's BEIN' NICE! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: And yes, its interesting how Corey always has a bad opinion of basically everyone who might pull you away from him. Maybe I missed it but I have yet to hear you report of a guy whom he approves for you either as a friend or boyfriend. (Though he doesn't seem to have any strong opinions like that when it comes to females, or much interest for that matter - yet when you're possibly doing any activity with another male..he's keenly interested and tries to talk you out of it.)

Grrrr and thats the tough part and part of the reason why we keep going round and round. Usually the "Is he Gay?" question is easily answered and it comes down to a matter of crossed signals. Usually its the gay guy with..i dunno feminine sensibilities for lack of a better term who misinterprets a straight man's affectionate actions and adds meaning that simply isn't there. Gay guys interprets things as a woman would and straight guy regards other guy as just another guy. But then you have Corey rubbing your knees and thighs saying how smooth your skin is. Is he just out to get a reaction sometimes? Is he being genuine? Is he just that type of guy? Well he has a girlfriend and refers to himself as a heterosexual male, so I believe him.

I'm still putting my money on him ending up being totally straight, yet just the type of social guy who treats a gay guy friend more like he would treat a girl who is a friend. And with you and him ending up being really great close friends.

But then, I'm not completely sure if CG even believes that. In the same way you felt a twinge of jealousy when you heard CG speak about Corey, perhaps she's twinging a bit herself. She downloaded that picture of you and Corey on that boat. I think it might've pissed her off a little bit.

Why? Well for one, Corey took you as his date. I don't think you mentioned if it worked out that CG couldn't go for some reason or if Corey simply didn't ask her and took you instead. But even if she couldn't go, Corey still took you as his date. I think that caused her to mention the picture and bring up the whole thing about you turning guys gay along with what seemed to me anyways from your writing, a lot of the night pertained the issue of yours and Corey's closeness in one way or another...even right down to Corey feeling your thigh and saying your skin was smoother. Corey seems like the type maybe where CG made a comment to him and he said that to get her back. I dunno...just conjecturing a bit.

ROCK ON

5. NoClue

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey scanner, thanks for the insight. The great thing about you and everyone here on EC is that I'm kind of dense about these things and your posts make me see things differently.

I do find it weird that he disapproves of any guy i'm close with or who "flirts" with me. Maybe he thinks I'm too good for them in a friendly sort of way since we are close. The problem is if its just flirting, why does he feel so strongly against it? It's not like I'll pick everyone up on their offer.

That being said, corey did say I was drunk that night. He said I was slurring amd being reaply loud on the train. Of course I don't recall that. CG pointed out how funny it was he came home sober and I got drunk.

I do believe that CG is a bit jealous of the closeness. She has become friends with his friends and his best friend joe, but I do keep her at a distance and maybe shes picked up on the fact that joe and corey arent as close as corey and I.

I'm not as close with his friends. With the exception of amy, I don't make attempts to hang out with his friends because they're his friends. Hes never met steve officially even though we all went to the same high school. The thing about steve and any guy who I've made out with is that it was just making out. And it happened years ago. However he does try and steer me away from them whenever they ask me to hang out.

Everytime the subject of steve comes out, he always tells his friends that steve is gay and has feelings for me. I've told him this isnt true as steve has a girlfriend of many years and that we're just friends. However he still doesnt see it that way and its always brought up in addition to him saying i shouldnt be around steve since me amd steve do tend to argue at times and I feel steve is too close minded. While that may be the case, he is still my friend and entitled to his own opinion. No reason to ruin a decade long friendship becaise of it. Its funny because he says the same about joe and yet they hang out but for me, I should just not hang with steve.

The wedding thing was pretty weird. CG was free that day but he decided not to bring her. I didnt ask why but i can say maybe its because I knew both groom and bride. But ive met them like 3 times. Im also cool with her cousin but again theyre all his friends. He can say it made sense bringing me but it also wouldve been an opportune time to introduce CG to them. I dont think theyve met.

I saw the wedding invitation and it said to rsvp a month before the wedding. So he planned this in advance. He just didnt tell me about it until the night before.

He does have gay friends but he treats them pretty normally. Ive seen the interactions and theyre pretty standard nod hello, talk about minute things, jokes, bye.

When we first started getting to know one another he always made a point to tell me he wiuldnt treat me differently as i tend to get away with things because straight guys treat you like a girl sometimes and let things slide. He didnt. But nowadays he does treat me differently. Not so much like a girl but definitely not like his guy friends either. Maybe thats why CG gets upset. She said if she hits him, he hits her back. I hit him by mistake and even though he said he'd get me back twice, he hasnt done so.

Who knows? And here we are stuck in limbo. But i will go to the reunion tomorrow amd see my friend even though he said not to. Come on, its not like we're a couple or anything.

6. Rumpletubb

During the time I've followed this thread, one thing I've noticed and that have stood out is his possessiveness. He doesn't want you to befriend anyone who could be a potential partner. You are his, and his alone. He won't control what you do and never will, but you are still his.

What gets me conflicted that he is in a relationship with CG. If I were her, I'd be suspect aswell. He treats you better than he treats her and is more aware of you than he is of her.

Since your relationship is at a standstill, I don't really know what goes through his mind. He doesn't seem to mind that he is occupied, but he still want you to be at his side. He hasn't tried to break up with CG though they doesn't seem like the perfect match and he hasn't stepped up the game concerning you..

To me it seems like he is content with the relation you guys have, but that doesn't mean that he's not willing to take it one step further.

As I see it, he's either got an enormous platonic crush or doesn't seem to think that a romantic and/or sexual relationship is possible. Why? Who knows. Mabey he think that someone as amazing as you can't love him or being gay/bi/yousexual doesn't exist in his world for some reason. The possibilities are endless!

Either way, he will not break contact if you express your feelings or let it affect the relationship more than you need.

It's just my two cents and something I've been pondering. Might be nothing, might be the answer to the universe!

Keep at it and as always, good luck!

(this post turned out to be waay longer than I thought it would be.. longest post I've written by phone! Sorry for that!:slight_smile: )

#406 Rumpletubb, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  7. NoClue

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I guess you and scanner bring up a good point rumple. I always thought it was weird that he tends to not like the guys around me but I always brushed it off.

I do notice him being more "protective". From taking me out when dave texted me, the general keeping up of my whereabouts, warnining me about tyler, CG's gay guy and even mildly scolding amy for hitting me, yeah i guess it makes sense.

I still couldnt believe he flipped when amy hit me. Granted, i totally deserved it for teasing her but it was pretty sudden how his demeanor changed. He warned her to not hit me again and when she did, he playfully wrestled her and made her apoligize. I was kind of shocked, flattered and concerned at the same time. It felt weird to have him do that on behalf of me. Of course he told her it was because her hitting me was unfair to me as I bruise easily and I'm "like a girl" which she retorted, "so am i" and he shot her a look and said "come on".

Huh...

8. scanner007

NoClue,

yeah I like rumple's word "possessive" more than protective. He's been both, yes, but if I could only choose one of them then possessive is more accurate. Unfortunately, that still doesn't get us anywhere as straight guys can be jealous, possessive, protective of their friendships with other guys every bit as much as gay guys can. I've witnessed it myself. So it could simply be that he disses other guys, trash talks Steve, etc., so that he secures more "hangout" time with you because he likes you as a friend...or it could be more. Nothing to pee on that will turn blue to indicate a positive here.

(And yes even the Amy hitting you thing is more possessive and not protective when you stop and really think about. You and Amy are friends...play fighting....he knows Amy isn't really going to hurt you..yet he steps in and as you say, his demeanor changes and he stops her very seriously. He's being possessive because, he doesn't want Amy play fighting with you, ...only HE can do that with you.)

I learned about that years ago after studying human interpersonal relationships I took a 4 month sabbatical to the Congo where I lived with a small community of gorillas and eventually became accepted as one of their own and experienced firsthand instinctual primate social responses. I then wrote a memoir on the correlation between the two. It was published on two continents and later became the basis for my doctoral thesis.

Actually, I'm totally joking. I don't hold any degree though I'm more into computer science than anything else and there's absolutely no way I'd ever get within 100 feet of a live gorilla unless it was at the Zoo...they seriously freak me out..they are big and super strong like bears, only smarter...yikes!!...I think the only scarier thing would be like giant super intelligent spiders.... But I did watch the movie "Congo" and I am a Michael Crichton fan..."Amy Good Gorilla" ;D (Not your Amy, NoClue, its from the book/movie)

I suppose I should digress right back to my original topic...so does CG like to go to weddings? If you knew both the groom and the bride, along with others, it almost seems like you could've scored an invitation of your own. Interesting how it worked out that you were there on Corey's invite if he did indeed plan it out a month in advance that you would be his +1. Or maybe CG simply doesn't like weddings that much and didn't want to go. ::shrug::: who knows? Just to be clear on my point though, it seems like between the two of you, you both knew the bride/groom and their friends enough that Corey could've brought you and CG both, he didn't have to be the open minded, forward thinking and progressive "modern gentleman" after all.

And speaking of the modern gentleman, your quote:
    LOL @ treating the guy like the girl and the girl like the guy.

That's hilarious, you and him are going to have a lot more fun once you both can talk to each other honestly and openly. Poor guy, he's loved you for so long and all you've given him is EWWWWWW. For shame, NoClue...For Shame.

ROCK ON

9. NoClue

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think ever since you guys have pointed out that hes been posessive, I cant help but think maybe you guys are right. It's not obvious but from an outsiders point of view maybe.

Saturday he was having his friends come to volunteer. The plan was for me to pop in, say hi to everyone then head out to my friends gathering. Afterwards I'd come back and meet up with him. Instead, most of his friends flaked and he really needed help and asked if i could help him.

What struck me as weird was the phrase he said "now you have an excuse not to go". I remember thinking, I never said I wanted to go, he said that. After we finished I caught up with his friends and CG showed up as well. Amy brought up to one of hos friends "thats why i say theyre a couple" when we started "arguing". Corey didnt even react instead saying to the friend "yeah, we always argue like this and one of us always makes amy pick a side." Eventually the whole "how did you meet" question arose and i told them about him making fun of my glasses. The friend interrupted and said "thats a line guys use to pick a girl up." He resoonded "yeah thats how i hook them". I laughed amd continued telling the story.Later we were talking about some subject and CG and one of his friends got into a heated debate. So much so, that I nudged his leg with mine amd shot him a "oh my god" look.

At one point I started to say something and she said "shut up noclue!" I looked stunned and shot corey a look. He was across the room amd said "did she say shut up?" I laughed uncomfortably and said "yeah" he said "she getting a little too comfortable. She said it last week too." she shot him a serious look but he looked pretty serious so she continued what she was saying. It felt good that he stood up to me and i felt uncomfortable because usually i wouldve said something but she is his gf and i didnt want to be disrespectful. I dont even let him talk to me like that! And he knows that too. Whenever he says it to me i'd stop the whole conversation to ask amy or whoever "did he just tell me to shut up?" Or say to him "dont tell me to shut up".

The funny thing about the debate was while it's informative and we as adults can have a lively debate and be perfectly fine with it, I noticed that after the friend presented her side of the debate, CG called her out on using a word wrong. I felt that was petty and a way to belittle someone instead of focusing on the content of what was said.

Afterwards, we all went to the park to play frisbee and toss the football. I noticed the friend keeping her distance from CG and not really interacting. CG on the other hand didnt play since she "got her nails done" but kept referencing the fact that she and corey play catch sometimes. That struck me as odd.

It's nice to be able to be active with your SO but to boast about it repeatedly is a bit insecure. But I could be biased. She mentioned having a pool party today (im not attending) amd talking about what corey set up for her thursday and her birthday saturday.

We went back to his job and talked some more and realized it was near midnight. I told him i was meeting steve on sunday and he said he'll probably come into work to finish up some stuff. He asked me if i was upset i missed the event and i said "well i wanted to go and see my friends" he asked why and i told him sarcastically im pretty popular and i gotta keep up appearences which made him laugh. We went home and he biked while i took the train with CG. Again CG was going on about thursday amd coreys plans and asked if i went there knowing i had just gone there with him a couple of weeks ago. She said "of course you have, you went with corey". I added, "yea but ive been going there since 2007". The way she kept bringing it up kind of set me off and that was my way of saying it wasnt all that special. I am a b*tch for saying that.

When i got home i couldnt help but think again how she must really like him and what was i doing? I decided not to text him i got home like i usually do.

Sunday i texted him this funny pucture i came across and he told me he watched this movie i suggested he watch a couple of months ago. I had been telling him to watch it and it was to tge point where he said he'd watch it if i watch 5 episodes of his favorite show to which i replied "no, its a good movie and you should watch it if you want, im not forcing you to". It kind of threw me for a loop he watched it even if he watched it with CG. He said it was good.

Anyway, not much to report. I do feel like with CG showing up more, maybe i should limit my appearances. While talking to his friend who was fearing she was missing out on life, i told her to say yes to any new experience that comes and just do it. I told her thats what i did and he jumped in and said "most of the stuff was from me inviting you" it kind of felt like he was proud that he gave me those experiences but it wasnt my point.

With CG and the wedding thing, I'm sure she would go. I think she takes it upon herself to really make friends with his friends. I dont think she would pass on an opportunity to meet these friends she hasnt met yet but maybe he put his foot down. I guess youre right. If he wanted to, he couldve brought her and im sure they wouldve made room for me at the wedding. But maybe he used that as an excuse so she couldnt go.

The thing is I am trying to give CG a chance. I think its too cliche of me to automatically not like the gf of a crush and start nitpicking at her but its really hard not to. She comes off a very pretentious, condecending, judgmental, rigid and a bit of a show off but in a way where if you objectively look at it, shes very insecure. And my compassionate side feels bad for her. Maybe corey sees it to and thats why hes with her. And thats why i feel maybe she needs him more than i do amd i should give up. I cant get iver the fact that she git into this tense debate with his friend. Its one thing to stand for what you believe in but the approach was not appropriate. I'm sure this would probably get to his other friends too as this friend is pretty important in his circle of friends. Not to toot my own horn but me and her hit it off. I even said to corey shes like a female version of me.

10. blueskies

blueskies Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi NoClue, I'm back! I'm glad to see that things are good between you two. He's so sweet!

I agree with Rumpletubb and Scanner that he's more possessive than protective. All that's left for you/us to figure out if he's possessive in the way one is possessive of someone they love or if he's simply possessive in a friendly/friendship kind of way (I'm definitely super possessive myself when it comes to friends so there's definitely a possibility that he sees you as a friend and nothing more unfortunately).

Also I know this happened a while ago but when Amy said you two seemed like a couple? I DIED, that's seriously just so cute. Your friends are even starting to pick up on it haha. And seriously when he asked how you're like a couple?? Now I don't know for sure but I think a lot of straight guys would sort of freak out if someone told them that. I know I'm not personally involved in all this but it's just so frustrating to see that he acts like he *likes* you but you still don't know if he really does. I don't know how you do it, I'd be dead from frustration by now if I were you.

Now, let's talk about GC for a while. Honestly I get that you don't like her and that's fine, you don't always have to like everyone. And CG's done some questionable things to say the least (honestly, that herpes thing? what even was that. that's just so wrong on so many levels); however, I think you should go with your objective view of her more than your own opinion about her. I think it's clear that

1) She really, really likes him

and

2) she really wants to make things work between her and Corey. I agree with what you're saying, she does seem very insecure and I think she's trying too hard to be the way she believes Corey wants her to be. She probably really wants all of Corey's friends to like her (like you said, she really tries to make friends with his friends) and she's trying too hard. I also think she probably sees you as a threat, in a way. I honestly don't know if she (or anyone for that matter) knows that you like him that way but she must see how close you are, and even if she doesn't believe there's a romantic attraction between you guys, of course she's going to be jealous and protective of her boyfriend.

Hm, honestly? I've seen this is pretty much all of my friends when they're in a relationship. All they ever talk about is their partners and what they've done together etc. So I honestly don't think it's weird.

And also, honestly? I'm guilty too of becoming too involved in a heated argument so I can't judge her.

I can't wait for your next update, take care! (*hug*)

11. NoClue

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hey blueskies!

Ive been on my phone so I havent caught up on your thread but hopefully you're doing ok! (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

I agree with trying to to keep an open mind when it comes to CG. I am trying but sometimes she comes across as abrasive and I feel conflicted because usually i wouldnt allow anyone to say what she has said, but i also feel like if i say something, it can be twisted as me being mean or sensitive.

Ive never thought of him as possessive. He is pretty open to introducing me to his friends so one can expect me to hit it off with them. I guess its natural for one to be possessive over their friends, but i realized based on what rumple and scanner said, it is geared more towards guys who show any interest. CG's gay friend, steve, the guy i made out with, the guy from the cruise, dave, all these people are more acquaintances or people he knows of but havent met in person.

Today CG invited me to her pool gathering but i didnt go. I didnt respond to her texts and i spent the day with steve instead.

I think she may find it rude that i didnt respond and im pretty sure he'll hear about it from her.

Well, i will see them thursday so i'll find out then. Toodles!:smilewave

12. blueskies

blueskies Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi NoClue,

when I first realized I had feelings for Martin he was still with his ex, who I'm going to call Julia. Everyone in my clique of friends loved Julia and thought she was very nice. I myself didn't ever really trust her, something about her just seemed so false and she was sometimes pretty cold. Once I'd realized I liked Martin, I started to get really hung up on everything Julia said, even things that weren't perceived as being bad by everyone else. I now realize my behavior was partly due to my jealousy and I probably would have hated anyone that he was with that wasn't me. Now, Julia probably did a lot of questionable things even if you look at it objectively but I think everything seemed worse in my mind that it actually was. I wonder if this is what's happening to you and CG? I think it's easy to be overly critical of someone if you're jealous of them and I think that happens to everyone. Does anyone else feel the same way as you do about CG? Have you talked with someone else about it?

I don't necessarily think that being possessive is a bad thing per se. I think being possessive over someone you like, whether it be a boyfriend/girlfriend or a friend in general, is a natural reaction actually and it's not bad until you get overly jealous and too possessive (I'm definitely guilty of the latter).

Why didn't you respond to her text by the way? If I were you, the next time I see her I'd say something like "I'm sorry I didn't respond to your text, I didn't see it until the next day" or something just so that she won't have a reason to get nasty.

Oh I can't wait for your next update! :grin:

13. NoClue

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey everyone,

So yesterday I went to his celebration at this bar for her birthday which is actually this weekend.

I got there and she was kind of worried because no one had come yet. We got drinks and soon, more people came. I talked with some of her friends and some of his friends as well and pretty much hit it off with everyone. I could see him occasionally looking over at me and smiling because i was making jokes with his friends.

A couple asked how me and corey knew each other and he said high school. The guy was pretty shocked and said how its rare to still have friends from high school. corey said "yeah hes the only one to stick around." and I said "yeah, i cant get rid of him".

At one point, corey mentioned how many of his friends showed up compared to CG. I looked and agreed. I ran into a guy who me and corey met last year at another bar. I told corey where the guy was from and corey recognized him. Later on, the guy came over and talked to me and when he left, i told corey that the guy was being a bit creepy. Later when the guy came back, corey came over and deflected the conversation so i can leave. I thanked him.

so afterwards, we decided to go to this club. only me, CG, corey, amy and 5 people were there, including CGs gay friend. CG mentioned that the guy had a boyfriend now and not to worry. It was bit awkward so after 30 minutes, we left to another club.

When we got there, I was extremely drunk. I stopped drinking and corey and amy kept getting me water. I sat down and corey kept petting my hair or rubbing my back. At first i wanted to move his hand but it felt good so i let him. He would occasionally put his cheek against mine and ask if i was ok. I said yes and would dance to certain songs. He would hug me and i'd let him. i would rub his back and squeeze him.

At times, he would just lay his head on my shoulders facing me and i'd lean into his face. CG was sitting down and didnt really dance. He also took me outside to get air where i apoligized for being a debbie downer. He said i wasnt and as long as i had fun it was ok.

when we came back, pone of coreys friends had realized i am gay and was kind of whispering things in my ear about how he loves me and stuff. I laughed it off but corey noticed it too. Corey then grabbed my chest but i didnt react because i was drunk. as we were leaving, CGs gay friend did the same and corey saw that.

we walked to the train and corey whispered to me that his friend is just acting that way because he doesnt go out much. I said thats coreys new best friend and laughed. The friend told me about his friend, a guy offering oral to him. I told him why would he tell me this and he said i dont know, take it how you want.

thankfully, the guy left and me and amy took the train home. As we were saying bye, i gave corey a handshake because CG was looking and corey said "we're more than a handshake" and pulled me close to hug me. I hugged him back and texted him when i got home.

It was a surreal night. The hugging and face touching we were doing was pretty intense. We were so close, i heard him sniff my cologne. The best thing is that he didnt seem to mind that we were in the middle of the club doing so. CG didnt dance at all and he was over by me than her. I danced with him a bit and amy as well.

I think he's really happy i got along with his friends. Ive met them a handful of times but never really spoke to them until yesterday. I'm also proud of myself for being able to make new friends. Generally, im very reserved but i think just by being around him, i feel confident enough to make friends. I also dont like the fact that guys tend to hit on me a lot when im with him. This does not look good.

well, i'm seeing him tomorrow and i'll update then.:smilewave

14. blueskies

blueskies Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi NoClue!

How did GC seem? Did she act weirdly in any way since you didn't show up and/or reply to her text?

Yaay, more touching :grin: You mentioned you were very drunk when that happened; was he drunk too? If I remember correctly, I think you mentioned that on at least one other occasion that he only ever gets that touchy when you're drunk? To me that almost sounds like he wants you to be drunk otherwise he won't do it. Maybe he hopes you won't remember it the day after or maybe he sort of uses your drunkness as an excuse - like he could explain his own behavior by saying he was just trying to make you feel better or something? I have no idea what he's up to honestly.

And I agree, what's up with all these dudes hitting on you whenever you're out with Corey? Does this normally happen when you're out with other friends too?

15. scanner007

Oh heck yes we're all waiting noclue...what did he say about your "cuddle night?" And what about his creepy friend that loves you and .... when you said he's your new best friend to Corey...what did Corey say? And what about CG...did she really just sit next to you guys all night while you and Corey basically made out with each other minus kissing and was totally fine with that? Did it click yet that the reason that dude was telling you how this other guy offered him oral was probably because he wanted you to offer him oral (not sex...just a freebie oral with not even a reach around for u probably...jerk). We're all waiting for the next exciting episode of...."A part of me feels like we should be more because sometimes I wish you were gay"

16. scanner007

Where's NoClue?

:::readies a St. Bernard with a brandy barrel cask around its neck. Sends it to New York to rescue NoClue:::

17. NoClue

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sorry all,

I've been a bit down and needed to clear my head a bit. Here's the bonus episode from last week and this week:

Last weekend was CG's birthday. She wanted to go out after corey finished work and so me, amy and corey was at his job while she was out with friends.

We eventually met up with her and her gay friend and her other friend from the other night. We decided to grab dinner and drink. Her gay friend left eventually and i was joking with her friend who was a bit drunk and a bit flirty. I think. :bang: Corey would join in our conversation once in awhile and i noticed CG being very handsy with him. I felt uncomfortable, but i ignored it and me and him split an entree.

eventually, amy left and another couple friend of CG came. I met them before and they are cool but i couldnt help feeling like i was left out.

They decided to meet another friend at a bar and thought i was going too. I decided i felt uncomfortable and rather go home. I said I had errands to run and i couldnt stay. I left and later on, corey texted me to plan for the next day where we were supposed to go to the beach. I decided to pass and said i can't go. Amy ended up going with CG, Corey and 2 other couples. I was kind of glad i didnt go because i didnt want to feel uncomfortable.

saturday, I decided to go after agonizing all week whther or not to go. Amy was out at the moment so me and corey spoke.

He said "how are you doing stranger? i havent heard from you all week." I laughed and said "the phone works both ways" he laughed and agreed. I thought it was pretty weird since like ive mentioned before, we don't usually talk during the week much. He asked how i was doing and we joked around.

Amy came back and we joked some more. He mentioned he saw these post its i had secretly left around his desk last week. I started laughing and said i had to hide them better.

He mentioned CG had plans later on and i was welcomed to come. I was wearing shorts so he said "i dont know if they'll let you in with shorts but you can buy jeans". I told him i just bought some jeans and he laughed. I wasnt planning on going. Later when she called, he spoke to her and she decided to cancel her plans. He said she could tell he was tired. He complained she went out a lot during the last 2 weeks and it was taking a toll on him.

I didnt say anything while he vented. He decided to go to our favorite resturant and he saw how happy i got because we hadnt gone there in awhile. We went and ate and joked around. He brought up sex and usually he knew i would shy away from it but i joined in the conversation. It was about anal sex and how it must be painful. I told him it depends on the person and he mentioned some lube he heard of and how he didnt mind doing anal sex.

I told him me and my ex had no pain or anything and again he said "i dont mind it". I didnt say anything. I noticed everytime the conversation died down, he'd bring it up to continue the talk since for once, i was not being a prude.

we walked back to his job and we talked some more about other things. I brought up the guy who "flirted" with me and he said the guy was just a bit excited since he doesnt go out much. I told him the guy had my exes birthday and that it probably wont happen. The reason why i said that was because amy had pointed out she liked him earlier that night and when she saw he was all over me, she told me i should go for it. She also pointed his facebook so i saw his profile.

she continually brought the guy up and i kept trying to downplay the guy. Corey finally said when i mentioned the guy had my exes birthday that it doesnt mean anything and that i was basing that on something not logical and made no sense.

This lead to a heated debate in which i said that im not logical and i prefer to base things on intuition and while i know it doesnt make sense, it's just something i believe in. He argued that theres so many loop holes in my theory and i said that was fine, but he flipped out when i brought it up. He said he didnt but that i had pointed it out a couple of times. He asked amy and she said he did get a bit loud the last time.

I mentioned hanging out with steve tomorrow and he said "i hate that mother f*cking guy!" Amy looked startled and he explained "i dont know him, just based on what noclue has said but hes really closed minded". We brought up again, the whole kissing thing and he said "i'm staright and i dont find myself kissing a guy or wanting to." he then said "i don't know if i would ever kiss a guy but it's not something i seek out."

Eventually we realized the time had flown and we all decided to go home. He told me if i was upset at our debate and i said no, i just want him to remmeber that not everyone is logical and he cant expect that from people. We walked and he left so me and amy walked around a bit. She mentioned how weird our friendship was and i laughed.

Monday we're supposed to go play flag football. amy wont be there and im not sure of CG is going but i will.

I did mention about the guy telling me his oral story and corey laughed, mildly shocked. I said that was why i yelled at the guy that he cant tell me that story and walk away that night. I also told him the guy offered to take me home but we live in opposite directions so he didnt take me home. Again, corey said he was weird but added, hes just high on life.

I didnt realize CG sat the whole night because i was babysitting the couch and staring at the floor. I did realize in retrospect how weird it mustve been for her to sit there while the guy and corey (and another random guy who kept shouting in my ear drunk) were around me, particularly with him massaging me and making sure i was ok, even coming with me outside for fresh air and taking me to the bathroom.

but i realize usually when we go out, she sits and doesnt really dance much. I was dancing occasionally and being friendly to his friends.

I guess guys hit on me more when we go out. I mean girls hit on me too but not when hes around. he and amy are always shocked when girls offer me seats, hold the door for me or even my coffee lady giving me free coffee. but this is the 3rd time a guy we knew "hit" on me in front of him. CG's gay friend, the guy from the wedding and this guy though he says the guy is straight.

a couple of things that happened throughout the day: he told someone that I sent him an article about a bike accident that now makes him realize he needs to buy a helmet to which i replied "i thought it was you and got worried". Later on, he said the same to amy and she said "ive been tellin g you this for awhile!" He said to me "you never told me to wear a helmet, you dont care." i replied "i did but i dont want to seem like your mom." he replied "yeah, thanks." and i said "see? i knew you dont want me to nag you".

I complimented his shirt and his haircut. he was hesitant about his hair because he started to grow it out like mine (similar to a buzzcut) but chicked out last time when i said it looked good and cut it short (because he has curly hair). This time i told him again it looks good and he should let it grow and amy agreed.)

Me and him shared appetizers and he saved me the last wedges and calculated my bill for me. He said "i know you want me to do it." i smiled and said thanks.

earlier he asked me to pick him up something to drink and couldnt decide so he said "surprise me" i picked my favorite vitamin water and when he saw it, he got excited and said that was his favorite flavor too and the only one he drinks.

Amy didnt even react at this point. By now, every time we finish each ohers sentences, thoughts or even discover parallels in our lives, she doesnt even react. To me and him, we're always so excited to discover these coincidences.

His friends have throuhgout the week been adding me on facebook and one of CG's friend as well. I told him and he said "are you worried I'd be mad?" I told him no but i do want to keep a healthy distance from his friends as to not intrude too much on his life even though i know he wouldnt mind and he has boasted how he's introduced me to many new experiences.

Scanner, the guy did have his arm around me, hug, all that.

Blueskies, i think corey does that when he notices guys doing it to me. The guy from the wedding grabbed my cheat and he did it, the gay guy has done it and he did it and he also did it in front of the other guy too. I dont think he was drunk but he may have loosened up. he does occasionally become touchy with me sober if he sees i look sad or tired. When drunk, im not sure. Hes more touchy but on occasion i have as well - just not on that night. I think maybe he sees Ive hit it off with his friends and he proud of that, who knows?

keep you posted on labor day. have a great weekend!

18. HomosapienHomo

No "straight" guy thinks about anal sex and what it would feel like and/or if they would mind it or not. I understand that there are tolerant straight guys, but this is NOT that. Most straight men are repulsed by the idea of it.

He's attracted to you and doesn't want to be the first to say anything. He keeps a girlfriend around only to deflect suspicions, he treats her horribly, and places you befor her. The guy is freaking in love with you.

You can drag this on for all eternity and I assure you he will NEVER be the first one to say anything and even if you do say something, he may deny everything or just say he's being "friendly."

I'm sorry but this isn't healthy for you. I know people will hate me for raining on this parade but, maybe I'm the only one willing to tell it to you straight. Either say something, get rejected, and move on or say nothing and live the rest of your life in this incessant state of wondering. Good luck.

19. dapulu

I've seen this thread for a quite some time, and I must say your friendship is something so valuable in both of your lives.

However, I do think it's a bit unhealthy for you and may I suggest you start dating? Corey is just being possessive and although he gives some confusing signs here and there (like that "I wouldn't mind anal" part) he just backs out saying the stuff about kissing. By the way, you could've flirted there and say: "You never thought about kissing me?" and laughed it off. Oh well :=)

If you don't really find yourself wanting to date or meeting other people....I don't really know what to say...I admit you're making progress at a turtle pace, but time flies off you know :frowning2:

Have a great week and keep us updated. And thank you for sharing your story.

20. NoClue

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hey guys,

Monday we met up to play football. I didn't play but I sat with CG and some of his friends. The girl that had the heated debate with CG was there but she didn't really talk to her.

I noticed some of his friends seemingly disinterested while CG went on about her job, etc. She asked me if her gay friend made me feel uncomfortable. I said no, i was shocked by some of his actions. She said that he'd hit on corey and all her straight friends but when he hits on me, a gay guy, i dont respond. I thought, well, just because we're gay doesnt automatically mean we'd hit it off. I just replied "gay guys arent my type apparently, just straight guys."

I joked around with some of his friends and Corey would join in.

afterwards, we went to get viet food at the resturant i took corey to. CG was telling everyone how much she loved the place and he took her there and she's hooked. I wondered why she raved about the place where it seemed like it was her restaurant when i introduced him to the place.

We all ate and I gave out food recommendations. I got along great with his friends and found out one of them lives not far from me and goes to another viet resturant I go to.

Corey would tell them stories about me and they'd all gently tease me.

Afterwards, his friends dropped us home.

Not really much to report, I had fun and while crossing the street, he rested his body on my shoulder because his feet hurt.

I know this has been moving at a snails pace and i do agree with homosapien that he's probably unlikely to make the first move as he's said that before. I've also said I don't make the first move either.

In terms of the anal thing, he admitted he has done it before. He just said he doesnt do it but back tracked and said "i wouldn't mind it".

I did find it strange because he pressed the conversation. Whenever we hit a lull, he continued on about it. I went along with it because i was curious as to what he would say. Later on, he said he was shocked I went along with it and wasnt being a prude.

Now, in terms of me waiting around, I always said I wouldn't. I did go on a date back on memorials day but nothing came from it. I did take a break to recover from my ex and just be single.

He knows this and I think it may be why he's not making a move because he thinks I'm not dating.

Now, I do have a date friday. Not sure if I should tell him after it though. Hmmm...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.