1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am at peace and I love it

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Will2M, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Will2M

It is refreshing to be true to myself. I have finally fully accepted the fact that I like both men and women.

At first it was hard to accept myself, I couldn't like guys, it didn't fit my vision of my future. But then I realized everything I could have with a woman I could just as well have with a guy. Kids, grandkids, a nice waterfront house, etc, it all fit with either gender. Once I got over that I could finally start to accept myself. But that wasn't the only peace of the puzzle, it took my awhile to accept the reality that I was attracted to guys, but eventually it stopped freaking me out.

The coming out process is a long one but I have talked to a few close friends about it and they have all been really supportive! I haven't talked to my parents about it yet and don't know if I will. I might just come home with a guy one day and tell them he is my boyfriend. I have a long road still to travel to being open about my sexuality but at least I have started down it and it feels amazing.

I just thought I would share. :icon_bigg

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  3. Blossom85

I totally understand where you are coming from cause I have recently really come to terms with being bisexual and I feel a lot more at peace now having made that decision and not second questioning myself anymore. We can certainly still live a life with being in a committed relationship living in a nice home and have a family if we choose to.. Congrats to you for finally being at peace with it, I just wanted to let you know I was in the same place as you are too.