1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gotham

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Harvey Dent, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Harvey Dent

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Any Batman fans here that have been watching Gotham? I'll admit that at first I thought the idea of it being set years before Bruce dons the famous outfit would make for boring television, but I actually like it alot. I love the direction they're taking with alot of the characters, especially Jim Gordon, Selina Kyle, and Oswald Cobblepott. I just hope that the ratings continue to be consistent and we atleast get three seasons of the show. Other characters of Batman/Gotham lore are to appear later in the series as well, and I anticipate my favorite, Harvey Dent, as he is said to appear later this season. I hope they use the younger version of Harvey in this adaptation and have him be a charismatic, good looking guy on his way to becoming the district attorney.

So do you like the show so far, and what are your aspirations for it regarding it's direction, and who would you like to make an appearance?

2. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Perhaps I should give it a try. I didn't like the commercial that shows Gordon sympathizing with a Bruce Wayne that just saw his parents murdered. That just doesn't fit the comic books I've read.

3. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I'm watching it! I'm not too familiar with Batman but it's an "origins" story so I figure it's a good place to start for a beginner. I have seen quite a bit of the animated series and really liked it. I've seen a few of the movies but didn't care for them. Except for Uma Thurman as Ivy and Heath Ledger as the Joker. I'm happy it's more focused on the villains. I want to see more of Poison Ivy! And I know it's not going to happen but I'd love to see Harley Quinn!

4. Candace

I've gotten commercials for the show as well and I've watched all the Batman movies and stuff. Perhaps I shall give it a try soon :slight_smile:.

5. claiire

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah I've seen the odd ad too, might give it a go if I can find the time.

6. SextonOutlaw

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's really excellent so far! Some real break-out characters and a great premise.

I'm glad the continuation of the ongoing stories didn't take a backseat to the 'done-in-one' story of the week; that was a real issue with Smallville in the first few seasons.

I was a fan of the comic "Gotham Central," and this is a great representation of the style of that book. Speaking of, what do folks think of the LGBT presence?

7. Harvey Dent

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I thought it was neat that they included Montoya into the plot of the show and kept her orientation as it is in the comics. I have a feeling in a couple weeks or so we're going to find out that she and Barbara had a fling in the past.

Also completely unrelated, but I always thought that having Harvey Dent be bisexual (whether closeted or out) would play into his two sides to everything persona even more, and perhaps romantic tensions with both men and women contributed to who he becomes post-disfigurement as well. It's definitely not necessary though, he's always been my favorite villain regardless.

8. SextonOutlaw

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nice idea about Harvey! Never considered that before, and he's one of my faves. (I love comics characters with dual personality and related issues.)

What might be really interesting is if he were sexual based on the flip of his coin, only post-transformation, indicating that sexuality is fluid and his can be determined as easily as flipping a coin!! ("Coin says I want to have sex with him to get what I want...okay!")