1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Occupation

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Candace, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Webman777

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm currently working in sales for at&t where I've been for the past three years. At first I loved my job. I took pride in my work, won many awards, was usually in the top 10% in sales in my market, and had top notch customer feedback. Since the beginning of this year the company has been going through a lot of changes. They forced our director of operations to retire early so they could put a younger "tougher" guy in charge and he came in like a cowboy with both guns blazing. My manager who did an amazing job of motivating his team (including myself) was forcefully demoted and replaced with a douche who doesn't give a damn about his team. The company has changed from meeting the customer's needs to bending the customer over. Many people in my market have been fired or resigned and I'm just not happy there anymore. This is a major reason I've decided to go back to college and earn a degree.

2. flatlander48

Mechanical engineer for 42 years, including 6 years as a computer programmer and 2 as a quality assurance analyst.

Most of the time, but not all, I do like my job. When I don't it is usually that I got stuck working for someone with whom I have no rapport. I like the travel part and I've lived outside of the US for 6 years.

3. DamiansKat

DamiansKat Guest

Sadly nothing now, although trying to get things together to open an online shop.

4. BenjiChr

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I study history at the university nearby, and I am currently looking for freelance jobs :slight_smile:

5. Windy Day

Windy Day Guest

I'm a full-time student and a casual optical assistant. Both of which I enjoy alternately.

6. gzman02

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Technical service rep full time
    Part time writer
    Part time announcer

7. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm an insurance support representative for enterprise rent a car. Basically I make reservations for people who have been in an accident and need a vehicle while theirs is being repaired. It's not as easy as it sounds. I would say I enjoy it. Eventually I'll be working from home which is the type of job I was looking for. It also pays pretty good which means I now have the chance to save up and get my own place. It's not what I went to college for, but I don't mind doing it.

8. Asterac22

Work in a supermarket part time...i really enjoy it!! but i know its not sustainable as i have finished my education now...too scared about looking for anything else :S

9. TurtleCat

I'm a CNA, I work at a group home for the elderly. I love it.