1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unconventional sexual orientation names

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jargon, Sep 30, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah I get what you mean

I wonder if there is such a thing as a half bisexual .

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Confused as hell.

Sorry. I saw an opening.

3. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If this was a joke, I'm afraid I'm a little delayed on getting it. :icon_redf

4. TheStormInside

Quadsexual? :icon_razz

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

There wasn't really a significant point. Half of half is still half of half. You're beginning to bring mathematics into sexuality, and sexuality is already confusing enough.

=P

6. DeviantAttitude

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I just realized that being bisexual (let's say same attraction for girls and boys) is being 100% gay and 100% straight.

7. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh. You're right about that. :lol:

EDIT: Oops, I hope I didn't start anything. Or worse, offend anyone. Sorry.

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Oh shit :roflmao:

9. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I dunno. I see what you're saying there, but at the same time, I wonder if a lot of times why said women don't identify as bisexual has more to do with societal programming and conditioning than anything else... for example, the cliche that a woman could have sex with a bunch of women and still be "straight," whereas if a guy so much as looks at another guy, he's gay. Also, a lot of the stigma and misconceptions that come with identifying as bisexual. Then again, I guess it's them and their sexuality and not mine, so who am I to judge or say anything. I just know that personally, my feelings for, and attraction to, other women are enough to make me feel that I'm at least bisexual.[/QUOTE]

I normally do agree that if you desire and enjoy sex with women (even though there's no romantic attraction) you are pretty bisexual. HOWEVER, there are gray areas. If you have some small curiosity and want to try out women one time....you're probably just a 'curious' straight woman that can't identify fully with bisexuality. It becomes different if you have legit attraction and keep doing it over and over.

Sexuality and sexual behavior aren't always the same thing. A lesbian could spend her life having sex only with men and still be a lesbian depending on what her motives are...whether she was just curious, whether It's prostitution or her wanting to stay in the closet. Having sex with someone doesn't always equal sexual attraction.

What I'm trying to say is that sometimes an area is so grey or minor, it might feel wrong to identify as the 'correct' label because you'll be giving people too many misconceptions. Like my example, I would technically be considered homosexual since I can feel sexually attracted to women, but the amount of women I would ever feel attracted to are less than 0.1%.

Even when I read EC topics from other lesbians here I feel so alien from them; I don't get the drama of having crushes on a straight friend, I don't experience unrequited love, I don't have interest in doing anything sexual with a woman, I don't think celebrities are hot nor do I get crushes on them. But a close friend I had a few months ago...there was a sexual pull, a crush, a physical attraction, a want to do sexual things with her. But again, my reaction toward her was more of a 'once in a blue moon' reaction for my sexuality, so I feel like the homosexual label misleads a lot of people, even if It's technically accurate. I assume that some straight women are similar in that maybe they could enjoy sex with women in a less than 1% chance, but It's so rare that they don't want to mislead people by saying 'I'm bisexual, when I'm really just 99.99% attracted to men'.

I also feel like sometimes the bisexual label in these situations (although it might be accurate) is more unsafe, because a lot of lesbians get used and hurt badly by 'bisexuals' who really only just like men but 'can tolerate women once in a blue moon'. I don't think that is real bisexuality.

#49 Fallingdown7, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
  10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think the problem is honesty as well ,say we have a bisexual women that just like women for sex and men for relationships and sex , it would be better if she disclosed this to the women she slept with before hand ; But very few ever do that .
    unlike you I see them as bi and not straight unless their just some random curious straight woman . but these women will be perfect for a dry spell because I would use the hell out of them if I couldn't get another women for sex.:dry:
    I'm a bad lesbian because I would use the hell of straight chicks for sex , if they came to me with the I'm curious stuff . That's if I was on a huge dry spell , which I am on now .:dry:

#50 stocking, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  11. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I think they're bisexual if they have legit sexual attraction....you don't need to like women in a romantic way to be bi, you can be heteroromantic bisexual too. However, if It's a very very rare instance of sexual curiosity....hard to consider that bisexuality. If that were the case then every single person on EC would be bisexual in denial since most gay people here have slept with the opposite sex at least once.

12. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That's true , I misunderstood what you meant thought you were talking about heteromantic bisexual women , sorry about that .

13. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Silly me. :eusa_doh: You just wanted names for sexual orientations. That's what I get for commenting when I need to go to bed. Perhaps, "tri-sexual" exists? "quartersexual" or was it "dimesexual"?

14. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've heard of tri sexual before it was from a straight girl she said she'll try anything once .

15. TurtleCat

I guess I should clarify. I agree with a lot of what you're saying, I think that a one-time curiosity thing is different, I can totally understand being curious a few times and still identifying as straight. Even doing it for a while, then ultimately deciding it's not really your thing and moving on. And I also agree that people may have sex for a lot of reasons that don't necessarily have to deal with sexual desire or attraction, and I don't think that really affects your sexuality. A good example would be people that are gay that have sex with the opposite sex not because they desire it, but because they're in the closet or in denial.

I was more referring to the type of woman that admits to being sexually attracted to women, who constantly seeks out sex with other women and enjoys it, but insists she is still "completely straight." That's the thing I don't really understand. As an example, I once saw a woman who said that she had had sex with 7 of her female friends and enjoyed it, but still insisted she was completely straight because she preferred romantic relationships with men. I mean, ok, it's ultimately up to her to decide how to define her sexuality... but to me, that's still bisexuality even if you prefer a romantic relationship with the opposite sex.

16. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

In that situation, I would agree with you. I wouldn't think that person is straight at all. Because if you think about it, even sociopaths can be bisexual, but I doubt any of them would be entering relationships or craving romance with either gender.

17. RandomTrall

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I thought of a great label others could use.

Call them people.

18. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My friend is like this and she's probably slept with more than 1000 women still calls herself straight . When I told her I would never date a straight women, she got upset and said why . I think she like these women are in denial and have a hard time admitting their bi . Man she got really upset when i said I prefer to date bisexual and lesbian women .