1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Law of Attraction

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teagirl, Oct 21, 2014.

1. teagirl

teagirl Guest

Who among you have created a "wish list" for a partner and the exact same person manifested after a while? Just curious to know whether "The Secret" really works.

2. potofsoup

potofsoup Guest

I have a wish list :slight_smile: But the latter has not happened yet. :frowning2: Hopefully it does one day. :slight_smile:

3. kem

kem

Vegan/vegetarian, active and a music-lover were on my list, but you know, I don't really care any of that anymore. As long as there's something we can do together, something other than sex and cuddling, which, granted, are nice, but not the most important aspect of a relationship.

4. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Yeah, I've created a wish-list and seen someone who fits it perfectly.

But that someone is out of my league.

5. PurpleGrey

Wish list, yes, but if I'm going to be realistic here, many things are gonna have to be booted off the list. Mainly all of them. I'm down to consent and a pulse. Existent is a plus.

6. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

LOL~!

[​IMG]

I only laugh, because I'm with ya, sister!

7. AlamoCity

I will be honest. I saw the movie "The Secret" on Netflix with my dad because it was all the rage at his work, and I must say that I wanted to throw up watching it. It sounded like a bunch of mumbo-jumbo horsecrap. I think I'm just jaded and have a thing against self-help books.

As for a wish list, while I do have likes, preferences and desires, I think creating a very specific list will only serve to pigeonhole many otherwise viable candidates who could have other traits and characteristics you hadn't even thought of.

8. robotman

I don't really have a wishlist... I just want them to be taller than me, like hugs and not cheat on me lol.

9. Candace

I haven't made a wish list but I feel like I get closer to figuring out what it is every day :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

10. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    I have a wish-list, but I'd literally just be describing someone I've had a major crush on for a while now :icon_redf

11. Hexagon

Never happened to me

12. Mangaholic

Mangaholic Guest

If I were to put together a list of things then I'd be looking for the proverbial 'needle in a haystack'...

13. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's more important to have some non-negotiables, rather than a wish list. Non-negotiables (for example, no first date sex or unprotected sex) can protect you from hurt or harm.

If I'd set out with a wish list I may never have dated anyone and I would have missed out on so much. Looking back, there is one relationship I rather wish I had missed, but I chalk that up to 'experience'.

14. mangotree

Kind of reminds me of this song.
    [YOUTUBE]FdHF-XLQhfM[/YOUTUBE]

I guess just wish for particular internal attributes rather than physical ones if you can. They tend to be less limiting.

Last time I played with the "law of attraction" I just had a picture on my wall of 2 guys holding hands (i.e. in a relationship).
    About a month later, I had a boyfriend. Hard to say if the law of attraction had anything to do with it though.

From my experience, if you want the law of attraction to work, you MUST have genuine self love first. I think The Secret leaves this out.

15. Safekeeping

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I dunno if I buy the Law of Attraction. All you have to do is WANT something hard enough to receive it? Try telling that to anyone in hard times.