1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Recently accepted being a Transguy

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Fandom obsessed, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Fandom obsessed

I have recently accepted being a transguy and I know that I don't pass for a guy I try but I'm still new to this. I am a femme ftm and I want to be treated like a guy but it's hard to tell people and I'm pretty sure I kinda lost a friend when I came out as male because she calls me sister and girl all the time and I told her I'm a boy and things just are weird as fuck now.

I need help on passing and not looking butch. I also want to build confidence and become comfortable with my identity. I was out as genderqueer/androgyne for a while and my parentsview it as a phase but now I know I want to be a man and it's just urgh.

My friend told me not to give a shit about what my parents and family feel since I'm almost grown and I need to accept myself without worrying about what they think.

I'm just in a tough spot right now. How do I fill out a resume? They hear a girl but see a boy. I'm so overwhelmed.

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might have a look at this
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/gender-identity-expression/156085-i-just-im-kind-scared.html#4

The tg spectrum goes i.e. from people living with almost androgynous appearance, to styling more like the preferred gender, to taking hormones, etc.
    Of course the list is not all possible options.
    It's up to you to collect further information...
    You might also for example talk to a gender therapist or someone from an lgbt center, if that's what you want... saying you want counseling...

I would do things I'm comfortable with, don't feel pressured to do something... its your decision...
    There is no only one right way to do this.
    Its your choice what you want to do...

3. Fandom obsessed

Okay and thank you!

4. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

Good luck! And remember: if your friends can't accept you for who you are, they aren't really your friends.

5. Fandom obsessed

Okay, My friends surprisingly have been positive! I'm happy that they call me my prefered pronouns!

6. Poppyseed

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I really second gender therapy and I've learned that a lot of my friends are also very open to me discovering myself.

Good luck!

7. MN Writer

Therapy is good. Deciding to be yourself more than worrying about what other people see is also good. I get it, it's hard to not feel chagrined when other people get it wrong and say she/her or think of you as a girl, but in the end it doesn't really matter what they think. All that matters is what you know inside.