1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, this guy!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by William, Oct 24, 2014.

1. William

Alright, so let me give you a couple of background info:

So, it's this guy, his name is Sam and I've liked him. The liking of this guy came when I first visited my high school (which is boarding). Let me tell you that story!

So, long story short, we were in the lobby of the dorm I was spending the night in for my shadow and we were all introducing ourselves. When it came around to me, I didn't have anything interesting to say, so the lady in charge told me to say where I'm from. I said I'm from Detroit and I got a good reaction.

Fast forward ten minutes later and we're upstairs in the hallway. So Sam approaches me and he says," So tell me more about Detroit." I tell him more about Detroit, then about 5 minutes in, they say 3 minutes until lights out. He then gets a tad bit closer and says, "Usually before I go to bed, I hug my roomates goodnight, do you want a hug?" I eagerly said yes. And we hugged.

The next morning, he took me to the main building to leave and fly back with my mom when he hinted at getting my number, but my dumbass didn't get the hint 'till I got on the plane.

Alright that was longer than expected :grin:

At any rate, I now go to the school and on the first day, he rubbed my shoulders and said, "I remember you! You're the kid from Detroit." Then I responded with a nervous yeah. Then every since then he would say "hey" or "hello."

Then, we got elected to student council together where he finally learned my name. I notice him staring at me all the time in student council meetings, and every time I look at him, he shoots his eyes away. And whenever it seems like he's about to walk with me, as soon as I reach him, he turns around.

But never mind that bullshit. Let's talk about what happened tonight:

So my school offered hay rides for boarding and day students so some friends and I thought we would go on the hay ride. Little did I know, Sam and his buds tagged along as well. I was sure he wasn't going to sit directly next to me, but boy was I wrong. He made his way to get as close as he could to me, but my fucking friend unknowingly cocked blocked me by squeezing in between us.

Anyways, when he sat down, he said, "Hey Will," and nodded his head. I said hey, but again in a bitch way. The entire time I caught him staring at me whenever he made a joke or something along those lines. Then, as we went onto some darker alleyways, he said, "Detroit ain't nothing like this is it Will?" I of course said no and kept it at that. Then, a car drove past us and he said,"Hey turn off your fucking brights before I fuck you in the ass." I said,"Woah Sam." He said, "Will you didn't here that," then stared at me for a while.

So guys...thoughts?

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He might be gay, bi, or straight... How old is he? What are his specific thoughts on LGBT issues?

3. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Seems like pretty strong signals that he is open to explore possibilities. Invite him to grab a coffee......

4. William

He's 1 year older than me, and I haven't had the time to talk to him about LGBT issued yet.

@USxUK

That's a good idea!

5. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Let us know how it goes!

6. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aw, I wish there was an obvious way to tell but we've all been in that boat before. It's pretty much impossible to say how he feels without someone being brave! If he's comfortable with himself enough to give you a hug goodnight, I think at the very least it's unlikely he'd be a raging homophobe. :icon_wink You should actually give him your number: people are usually a lot braver over text messages!

Yeah... I'm not sure that you can take this as a sign that he's crazy in love with you, but who knows? Mysterious ways!

7. Jrk

Jrk

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It sounds like you he could be into you, as Spartan117 said give him your number and see hat happens from there!

8. William

Alrighty, I'll take all the advice and mush it into one, wish me luck!

9. William

While walking with a couple of friends I saw him with his friend. I looked over to him and he quickly put his head down and started to walk faster. Hmm.

10. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The plot thickens! But maybe he wasn't deliberately avoiding you. I mean, it's easy to read into things when you're... reading into things.

11. zygnomic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Have you said anything to him? What happened since the last you saw him?

12. William

I didn't say anything to him today at all. I was going to say hi, but hell, it looked like he was in a tad bit of a rush.

Since I last saw him was on the hay ride last night.

13. zygnomic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hmm, thats strange maybe. And this might seems strange, but next time you see him. If he doesnt dart off. Take the initiative and ask him to hang out? Do you know what he likes to do? If so, ask to do one of those things.

14. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well he certainly sounds flirty. Hard to say if he's legitimately interested, somewhat curious, or just feels comfortable around you, but those are all good things. Try not to read too much into every minor interaction though; if you let things like his reaction when passing in the street get to you it becomes very easy to get down on yourself. Don't assume the worst because that's almost never the case. :slight_smile:

15. William

Thanks for the words of inspiration.

Today, I said hey to him while coming out of my advisory. That was the only time I saw him during the day. I wish I saw him more as I was feeling a bit lonely today.

16. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, when you have a crush that part can kind of suck. Just the smallest thing can make you feel great for a few minutes, but then you're left wanting more. Everything you've said is positive though so try not to lose sight of that. :slight_smile:

17. William

Tad bit of an update it's not much of one:

So I said hey to him when I was coming out of class. Then tonight I went to one of his friends and told him I wanna be friends with him and he said he's going to hook me up.

18. PurpleGrey

I think he totally digs you, but you seem to be inadvertently scaring him off.

19. William

Oh, please share :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe it's that T-Shirt you're always wearing, the one that says "I'VE KILLED AND WILL KILL AGAIN". It's a real mood killer :wink:

Seriously though, I don't think you're scaring him off, he just sounds like he's been busy!