1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the worst injury you ever sustained?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by One Man Army, Oct 25, 2014.

1. One Man Army

Hi, people of EC. It's time for a morbid thread.

How did it happen? Do you remember much of it, and has it caused any permanent damage? Have you been close to death?

2. Munyal

My pancreas attacked itself when I was fourteen months old. #diabeetus

3. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ive been fortunate to have never have severely injured myself. That being said the worst pain I ever had was appendacitis. as a result while some guys have a happy trail, I have a happy scar.

4. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Slipped and fell one night after this wild party, and gouged my head really bad above my eye, so I had to have 5 stitches, and I had this really bad black eye, looked like I could have been a boxer. But that's about it.

Oh, and no I don't remember it, just arriving at the hospital.

5. BlueAndWhite

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Worst injury? Got knocked out playing rugby. The rest of the team learned what happen when you through a hospital pass...:lol: To this day, all I remember is the ball coming towards me and waking up with my coach looking down at me. There's about 45 seconds just missing. I still played the next game, 7 days later:lol:

Closest to death? Well, when I was a lot younger, the stroller I was in got hit by a car. The driver was sick and wasn't quite paying enough attention.

Closest to getting injured? I got a slight wiggle during the winter when entering the freeway in my car. There was a bit of ice, which I clipped and got slightly sideways right next to a semi. If I hadn't caught that I wouldn't have a car to use right now...

Hmmm... I probably should just stay in the room so as not to get injured

6. Xochipilli

Well, there was a piñata and I was 8 and impatient. Broomstick whacked my head and cracked it open. It didn't hurt, but there was a lot of blood and I ended up having my head stapled. I think I can feel a dent. :lol:

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Listening to your horrible jokes, One Man Army.

LOL! I'm kidding, I'm kidding. I'll have a more serious answer, later on, after this second Halloween party tonight.

8. Ninjacorn

When I was about five or so, I stepped on a nail about a half an inch in diameter. It cut a hole in my foot. It didn't hurt very much, but it bled all over the carpet. Seven years later, I still have a circular scar on the bottom of my left foot. :confused:

9. shinji

shinji Guest

Two years ago, me busting my head on concrete due to ice, as a result of some idiot neighbor deciding to "clean the show".
    Don't remember a lot, since... short term amnesia. Damage, phhssh, nah... i think.
    Almost "kissed" a guy while trying to pass this truck who apparently decided that he was a racecar, just as i was about to pass him in a two lane road.

I'll protect you!

*runs to grab sword and shield*

10. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Getting 8 eight stitches after hitting a pot hole on my bike. Yup, I'm skilled :lol:

11. BlueAndWhite

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh yeah, another one. Not the worst, but definitely the stupidest. I decided to try and wheelie my bike over some chicken wire on a bike path. Needless to say, I ate it when the chicken wire wrapped itself around my front forks and stopped the wheel from moving. I got home carrying the front of my bike and bleeding from my elbows and knees. Ahhhh childhood... Then there was the time I rode into a solid snow bank and went flying into the handle bars of my bike.:dry: Oh, and when I got my first pocket knife. I was cutting some newspaper because why not, and I decided to clean the blade by running my finger down it. I wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer:lol:

12. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was 14 I fell down the bleachers and broke the growth plate, tore the tendon and tore the covering off the tendon in my right ankle. I had surgery on it 8 months after I fell because it would not heal. It has now been 11 years and my ankle still hurts.

The last time I gave blood my temperature fell to 93*F or 33.8C.

13. Candace

I broke two toes the first morning I was in Hawaii. I was in a hotel room with my dad sleeping in the other room. Our hotel room looked out over the ocean (on Maui) and you could see whales migrating and in the water and stuff. I was really excited and ran to get my dad up and come see them with us, and...I hit my right foot into the coffee table in the small living really really hard. It got all twisted and blue/purple...yeah, not pretty. So my time in Hawaii was spent with broken bones...yayyy! :grin:

14. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My dad and I were wrestling, and he broke my second toe on my right foot. Couldn't walk the next day. It hurt when I broke it, but the next day it didn't hurt, it just wouldn't support my weight. When I took a step, I would collapse on the ground.

When I was 4 I dislocated my elbow... Well, my dad did. He was swinging me around and my elbow popped out.

I've gotten a lot of running injuries, like strained muscles, twisted ankles, and stuff.

My dog bit me when I was 7, I still have the scar... Her jaws locked around the area below my knee.

But those are small injuries. I'm glad to have not gotten anything too serious.

15. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I think I remember scraping my knee really badly when I was five.

16. Meadowlark17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    either when I broke my ankle or when I got 50 staples

#16 Meadowlark17, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  17. Yeety

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hit my head on a tall table when I was say 4 or 5 and I have a tiny indent in the skin on my forehead.

18. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sprained my ankle when I was 10, fell off a rock while hiking when I was 11 and hit my arm hard enough that it hurt for a week afterward (nothing was broken, though), fell off my bike when I was 15 and stabbed my leg with the bike gear (that was one of the most painful things I've ever felt) -_-

19. Jwis

Had bacterial meningitis. Spent 4 days in the ICU and 2 in a normal room. Pain was incredible I was maxed out on pain meds and it didn't do a thing, and had a fever that peaked at 105F.

It took about 4 months until I felt 100% again.

20. Pipihpipih

Pipihpipih Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    Fell down at my school stairway when I was 12.
    Never check and do a CT scan ...nobody saw it.
    From 2nd floor to ground floor about 5ft high maybe