1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which would you buy: iPhone 6 or Samsung note 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by gazumpbust, Oct 29, 2014.

1. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

Ah the good old Apple vs Samsung debate. You will of course get Apple fanboys/girls and Android fanboy/girls raving about their device's and saying they are the only ones to get and how the others are evil etc etc or the age old they've just copied such and such.

[​IMG]

Let me upfront and say I have a Note 4 and love it.

I've played with the 6 plus and the only thing it does better is the fingerprint scanner otherwise iOS is not bringing anything especially new to mobile phones that Android hasn't already been doing for some time.

I've tried most smartphones ecosystems, blackberry, iOS, Android and Windows Mobile.

Blackberry - this is pretty much a dead brand. Their new passport phone was intriguing but unless you're a business heavily invested in the brand I would steer clear.

Windows Mobile - this was in it's infancy when I first tried it and it has improved somewhat but you still face the issue of a weaker app store - it's user base is not growing at an amazing rate which doesn't help in encouraging futhr app developers either.

iOS - if you want simple to use, limitations in what the device can do with its software and want to pay extra for the brand then this is the one to go for :wink: Whilst I don't want to sound overly negative the fact iOS is so heavily locked down is annoying. I like to mess about with my phone and try different things. I nearly buckled to an Iphone 6 plus as I had been put off from Apple with their tiny screens. Played with one but fortunatley held off and decided against it. It's interesting that my boyfriend has been a long time Apple user but has just switched to Android as he prefers what he can do on the phone plus the cheaper contract prices.

Android - if you're already an Android user and heavily invested app wise then I really see no need to change, Android is highly customizable and the phone choice is obscene :wink: Fragmentation use to be a big issue but not really now.
    There isn't a lot you can't do with the Android ecosystem, I have to be honest and say I don't really have many negatives I can think of.

The best thing you can do is try and spend some time with both choices. Others preferences may not match your own :wink:

2. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

iPhone 6, as I prefer Apple to Android.

3. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nexus 6!! But from the two Note 4 definitely

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Note 4 all the way. If I didn't already have the 3 I would get the 4. Waiting for the 5.

Apple hasn't been good since the 3G.

5. Hexagon

iPhone 6. I've been taken by apple, it's already far too late for me.

6. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    iPhone 6. I have gone past the event horizon...

7. lukeluvznicki13

^ agreed.

iPhone - you pay big bucks because it's an iphone
    Samsung - you pay for all the features and additions.

8. I would probably go with iPhone 6 since I use other apple products and I have an iPhone 4S and I love it!

9. ForeverYoung000

Eh...Android maybe, I don't know. Maybe Windows...

10. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm done with Apple. I'm planning on getting a Samsung Galaxy.

11. starfish

I have an iPhone 6. My last several smartphones where Android based. I decided to give iOS a whirl.

I like the touch ID, though I think Samsung phones have this now. I also like the one handed mode. TI also like the lighting connector, no more of the usb flip dance.

Though overall I have to say I am nonplussed. I just like the Android UI better. The big thing that annoys me is that most of the iOS apps have not been updated to support the higher resolution, so most things look like crap on it. The apps that have been updated looking amazing.

My honest opinion. Both are great platforms, and it really just comes down to personal preference.

12. shinji

shinji Guest

Note 4

Already have a Note 3 and love it.

Reasoning? Android>iOS.

Being able to jack networks and sniff stuff is pretty damn awesome.

Also, having full control over your own phone, is kind of a big deal for me personally.

Also... with an iPhone you can't walk into a tech store and wreak havoc with all the TV's.

13. gazumpbust

gazumpbust Guest

Yeah I'm thinking about developing an app for Android so wanted to make sure it's still in the winning lol

14. keshafan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I myself am considering getting a iPhone 6 plus, I've used I o s and Android and I really like I o s better I have used a previous generation iPhone I have used Android phones too and I just like its better but that is just my opinion :slight_smile: it really comes down to which running systems you like better :slight_smile:

15. 741852963

Neither, both are way too big for me and not pocket friendly at all, plus you have iPhone 6 bend issue which I can confirm does exist as a friends 6 is already bent).

Although out of all of the two manufacturers products I'd go for a Samsung S5 Mini. Perfectly equipped, beautifully designed and just compact enough (although still a bit sizeable for my liking). If you are going for Apple I think the 5s is a lot better looking personally.

I would never buy an apple product though. They are usually well made (6 being an exception!) but I truly dislike how they update their software. Time and time again I see people's iPhones left with bugs due to updates - the latest I've seen is Safari being left unresponsive in parts which has been going on since August. Android seem a lot more on the ball with these things.

Have you considered a Motorola though (the X is very nice with your sort of budget) or Sony Xperia (the latest S and Z series are stunning)?

#35 741852963, Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  16. Shaded

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I usually buy Sony, But if I had to I'd choose Samsung.

17. Candace

I used to have that exact same phone :eek: same color, same everything

I'd buy the Samsung Note 4, due to the bad reviews and horror stories that I've heard about people breaking their Iphone 6s and how brittle they seem to be.

18. Images and Words

I'm fine with my Blackberry Q10

19. nativeofruby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have a Nokia... and I'm happy with it.

20. CubbieBlue

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    iOS is simpler to use than android and is better supported. Plus, no different versions because only Apple ohones have it