1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are your best/worst experiences on LGBT forums?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ForNarnia, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That shit isn't fucking true here at all. ^^ :kiss:

---------- Post added 27th Oct 2014 at 12:54 PM ----------

That was probably an unproductive moderation response... I would have simply let it ride and warned the other user, referring him or her to research resources on trans issues.

#21 Pret Allez, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  2. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Well, I should hope not. I know a website where people are allowed to post racist things, and it is left alone, but the minute someone throws an F-bomb in there, the mods are all over it. I'm sure this site is way better than that.

3. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Wow, that sucks :frowning2: They should have done something about the asshole hating on Trans people, not you xxx

4. One Man Army

Nowhere's perfect, but this place was right for me when I joined in May, at a time when I was still in complete confusion about my newly-realised sexual identity. Having met some great people here I'm willing to put up with the small amount of cons.

5. One Man Army

Nowhere's perfect, but this place was right for me when I joined in May, at a time when I was still in complete confusion about my newly-realised sexual identity. Having met some great people here I'm willing to put up with the small amount of cons.

6. This is the only all LGBT forum I go on, though I spend some time on the LGBT thread of another forum I use. My only gripe there is the straight people who feel the need to either come into the thread and say how much they support and love us or the ones who come in and tell us we're going to hell because that's what the church says. While the first isn't bad, per se, it gets annoying reading basically the same comment over and over again, especially when it a) adds nothing to the conversation b) seems like they're doing it to heal their guilty conscience.

Other than that, nothing too terrible.

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I SUPPORT AND LOVE YOU, OH SO MUCH~!!!

Lol.

8. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

My best experience was finally being able to express myself in some way to people! I only have my best friend irl and a gay woman I grew up with to talk to about my sexuality! Also being able to help others too!

The worst experience I have had so far.. Well lets just say a recent thread about lesbians hating men pissed me off pretty bad and whoever that loser was behind anon should go get f**ked by a dog. I know i'm brutal but.. I can't stand assholes. Also I put alot of time and effort into that thread and now it's deleted.

Also I have posted other answers before only to have the question deleted! That gets on my nerves. Other then that this is a great site!

#28 ChloeKiss, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  9. tulipinacup

Same:frowning2: , sadly the Filipino LGBT forums I found are hook up sites masquerading as support groups.

10. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like the diversity here, the only LGBT+ (the plus factor being a real.. positive!) forum I've been on. And there's usually someone who gets where you're at and all of the support here is amazing of course. It's great people have such a site to grow with.
    A place to vent out your frustrations with life/daily prejudice.

Downside, the biphobia I've seen here and the calling of people who are demi/ace "special snowflakes" and whatnot. When that bullshit happens I quit for a long time. Hopefully it hasn't happened again so much, but I am still too scared to look in the bi/pan threads because I get severely depressed when it happens.

Besides that I haven't felt like I fit in here anymore for a while now so I rarely come on. Probably just the population changes, it happened on my most beloved forum before this one as well. And the one before that was simply filled with people being mean.

11. ForeverYoung000

I've haven't had a bad experience on here. Everyone is so friendly. I'm a newbie so I've really hadn't seen any negativity lately.

12. Randomcloud

Never a bad experience on forums. EC is a lovely place :slight_smile: But in actual LGBT groups/societies/events.... people give me this look like "what are you doing here?", automatically assume I'm lost or a supportive straight ally, etc. Because I'm femme. It's so frustrating. Thankful for you guys!

13. LostLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Member on here and on GFO (Gay Forum). I actually just re-activated my account on GFO. I don't really have good or bad experiences.

14. Lipstick Leuger

Mostly good, but there is always this one person who judges, cuts down and treats you like your opinion does not count on forums. Like you need to agree with them, I hate that.

That is on ANY forum, certainly not exclusive to LGBT ones!

15. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Ah, forgot to mention the language ban that apperantly only affects me. Not fair.

16. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My worse experience was this anonymous guy making a thread bashing lesbians and bashing a lot of the comments on there when he didn't get the answers he liked . :dry:

17. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

The worst experience that I had was on a website of gay people in which gay and lesbians said that I'm not normal because I'm a metrosexual FtM -.-

On EC, I met a terrible person who broke my heart. The funny thing is that person gave me her Facebook account after telling me she'd be happy if I die...

18. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Best - exchanging dialogue with like minded people

Worst - having a thread shut down in which I recounted that my friend and I were at the auto show, we saw a guy and gave him a nickname with no sexual innuendo or any hint of crassness and decided he's somebody we wouldn't waste our time getting to know, accusations of profiling ensued, and the thread was shut down. Let me tell you: we need to be on the lookout for people we click with. From body language and cues, there's a lot you can tell about people. Life isn't a big "meet and greet" session.