1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do You Sleep?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I was reading an article about the different postures, one may find themselves in, when they sleep.

Interesting tidbit, really.

So, what position do you typically sleep in? Do you think, according to this article, it is an accurate description of yourself?

2. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I sleep on my side with my arms outstretched or with one arm outstretched. I'm definitely open-minded and eager, but not quick to give up :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I'm stubborn, but in the opposite way: I refuse to give up.

Interesting thing is, though I go to sleep on my side, I almost always wake up on my back.

3. Yosia

I sleep in fetal position and im not gonna lie, the description fit me somewhat.

4. Blossom85

I usually sleep in one of these three positions..

Side Sleepers

Sleeping like a log on one side with arms straight down to the side was seen in about 15% of the survey and is considered the favored of people who are easy-going, trusting, gullible, but may be inflexible in their thinking. Yearners, those who sleep with their arms straight out were about 13% of people, and though open-minded and eager, may be cynical, suspicious, stubborn and quick to give up. People who prefer side sleep position often wake up stiff and sore and may benefit from stretching both at night and in the morning. In addition they need conforming support in a mattress to reduce pressure points.

Fetal Position

The fetal position is lying on the side with knees pulled towards the chest was the most popular, particularly with women. Over 41% of the people in the study reported sleeping in this position which is considered to be an effort to comfort themselves at the end of the day. Associated traits include a soft interior which is camouflaged by a tough exterior, shy but warm, conscientious, organized and ready to face the day. Adding a pillow between the knees may be beneficial for people who prefer this sleep position.

Back Sleepers

Soldier sleepers lie flat on their backs with their arms near their bodies and down to the side. This position also leads to problems with snoring which can decrease the overall quality of sleep, but overall is considered the best for pain prevention. Personality traits associated with the solder position include expecting people to perform to a higher standard, quiet and reserved. Eight percent of the people in the study preferred this position, which may be made more comfortable by adding a thin pillow below their knees just as with the starfish. Use of a contour pillow and firmer mattress can help minimize back pain as well.

5. anniebunnie

anniebunnie Guest

I'm a stomach sleeper but the description is not me at all. Definitely not brash/outgoing

6. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

All of them

7. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ^ What she said.

I... am also really guilty of not using pillows, even though my dad bought me a special one to help with my back. :icon_redf

8. Pipihpipih

Pipihpipih Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm a back sleeper - But I dont snore

9. Ashley2103

I sleep on my side, usually using my blanket as a body pillow, more than a blanket.

I can't sleep on my back, because I usually get sleep paralysis when I do.

10. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    am all over the place I've been told am a nightmare to sleep with because I use the whole fucking bed am also a light sleeper so the slightest noise can wake me . Craig bf has ended up on the sofa bed sometimes because of it . makes me bad sometimes .

11. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

Whatever posture I'm in, I make sure to be listening to this at full volume:

[youtube]emrBZZtGFgI[/youtube]

12. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I sleep on my back. I used to have more of a range, but I only ever sleep on my back with my legs together and my arms by my side.

Quiet and reserved may not be my personality, but neither am I boisterous. I do have high expectations of people, but I doubt how I sleep reflects that.

How one's body feels most comfortable is surely what decides how one sleeps, not personality traits, unless you sleep in a foetal position for emotional comfort and a sense of security, or something along those lines. I'm not really buying that these are accurate.

13. Hexagon

Usually part way between my side and my stomach. But I don't think I stay that way all night.

14. ForeverYoung000

I sleep so many ways...

1.) I would sleep on my side and end up with the covers off the bed with the pillow on the floor.

2.) Id sleep on one side of the bed and in the morning, I'll be on the other side in a heartbeat.

3.) when I sleep, no matter what, i ALWAYS need a pillow and a blanket. I'll sleep with the blanket covering my body head to toe. If it's to small, I find a bigger blanket. If I cant, then I'll find something.

15. ithinkiamgay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I'm a stomach sleeper and there could be some truth to that research up here.

Somewhat , yeah

16. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

:eek::tantrum:

17. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    More or less like this one, but I toss and turn a lot, sometimes kick my legs, and clench my teeth:

Stomach Sleepers

Stomach sleepers were referred to as “free-fallers” holding onto their pillows with arms to the side. They comprised 7% of the study and list personality traits such as outgoing, brash, anxious and a feeling of not being caught up on a daily basis. This position can increase back and neck pain and many people who sleep on their stomachs do not use pillows. However, it is imperative to have full body support to minimize back pain. If a pillow is used, it should be one that is very thin and soft to help keep the neck in a natural position.

But it feels good to have my chest and genitals pressed against the bed...this helps calm me.

18. Leonardo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How do I sleep? Badly :grin:
    Okay, bad joke.
    I usually sleep in the fetal position whilst hugging the covers. Does the description fit? I don't think so.

19. SomeLeviathan

the ambien position.

20. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is that the one where you walk down to the kitchen, eat an entire meal, and remember none of it? =p

I took that for a while, and woah, some of the weird stuff I did, and don't remember. Also, it seemed to stop working in about a week, and I'd be wide awake 4 hours later. Weird drug. Sort of like an unpleasant version of Valium, or something. Hard to describe.