1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm really bothered by this

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by bwayinabox, Oct 30, 2014.

1. bwayinabox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So I MIGHT be falling for a girl and well as being in deep love for a guy already. I don't want to fall in love with the girl though. I find it wrong in a way - I want to be in love with the guy. It feels much better and more natural to be in love with the guy/a guy. I don't know how to describe it; I guess I just really want to choose him over her and be gay. Any tips?

2. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    Tips? Ermm... don't cheat on your boyfriend? Bi/Pansexual people aren't unfaithful by default.

3. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure I get the issue. You can't help who you love. But you can decide who to be with.

So if you want to be with the guy, then be with the guy. Case closed.

But you also can't just *decide* to be gay. If you are bisexual, then you are bisexual (same for bi-romantic)...and you may have to face that at some point.

So bottom line: it sounds like you *are* in love with the guy, so you can have that wish. But you can't "choose him and be gay" unless you're gay...you may have to settle for "choose him and be bisexual"...and there's nothing wrong with that.

My best tip, however, is to be honest with whomever you're with. Let's face it, you don't really *know* (from the sound of it...you may know) whether you're gay or bisexual. But if/when you're in a relationship with this guy, you can at least let him know you have strong feelings for this girl (if that's still the case)...but that you want to be with him, and choose him over her. That way he knows he's your choice and can feel secure in that...but also knows you have interests in both sexes. Important for him to know.