1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have never felt this way before. My heart races. My mind goes blank. I feel sick.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by j552, Oct 30, 2014.

1. j552

j552 Guest

Hello, everyone.

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to read my post.

I am going to be honest, I have no idea what is going on with me.

First, some background information on myself. I identify myself as a straight, white male. I am here on this site because no one would ever guess that I have feelings like this and I could never ask anyone I know any of these questions. I am just your average guy. I have always have been attracted to girls, but there is one guy that... when I see him... I have never felt this way before.

The first time I saw this person I thought they were attractive. Attractive in the sense that they were--to me personally--attractive. I can see how not everyone in the world would see that. But I did. I can just vividly remember the first time I saw them. Each time I see them, my feelings get more intense. My heart absolutely races when I even hear their voice, when I see their name.... when they walk by. I have never, ever felt like this before.

Sometimes when I think of them long enough, my eyes even start to water. I don't understand. I just don't understand. I have only talked to this person a few select times. I have never "liked" someone so deeply before. What is going on with me? What am I feeling? Is there something psychological to it?

Why haven't I felt this way before? Why is it this out-of-the-blue person? I just doesn't make sense to me. I not a teenager; I am a young adult. Why haven't I felt this way before with people I have liked in the past? Why didn't I get these feelings with them and I am with this person?

The guy that this happens to be is a lot like me. Close in age, straight, white male. I have seen him look at me before. More than once. I feel like (both of us) always look at each other when we get the chance. I feel like there is something on both sides; like a connection of some sort. It seems very, very deep.

I don't know what to think. I obviously have feelings of some sort, but only with him. Not another guy I have ever met before. I still am very much attracted to girls.

I don't know what to do now. I am just very confused with myself.

Thank you for your time, thoughts, and opinions.

2. Unkempt Harold

Re: I have never felt this way before. My heart races. My mind goes blank. I feel sic

Maaaaybe your not exactly heteronormative XD

3. Clay

Re: I have never felt this way before. My heart races. My mind goes blank. I feel sic

*Shrug* Maybe you're bi.

4. onlyshallow

Sometimes emotions can be very powerful and kind of mess up our judgement. If you talk to him more and get to know him better, the intensity of these feelings may subside then you can hammer out exactly what it is you want. Maybe this is an out of the blue attraction or maybe it is something more. I don't think anyone here can really say for sure.

5. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

First off, hello and welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

Don't panic! You're not alone. Lots of people have been in your position, in fact there are quite a few here in the forum. :slight_smile: I know that you probably already realise this, but if you are attracted to this guy, of course you can still be attracted to girls too. So don't worry, nobody's going to say "You potentially like a guy? - Right that's it you're gay. Go to the gay pile." :lol: You could explore the idea that you might be bisexual, but I wouldn't rush to any conclusions just yet.

If you don't mind me asking a few questions, it might help clear things up. You mentioned you have a connection- but could you imagine yourself with him in a romantic way? Do you find him sexually attractive or is it purely an emotional connection?

Perhaps you've never experienced this before simply because you've never found a guy that you have that 'spark' with. :slight_smile: Someone wise once told me that he didn't believe in different labels for sexuality- he said sometimes people can be "gay" for just one person that you have feelings for.

Even though I'm sure you feel quite freaked out, this really isn't uncommon and you will be okay. :slight_smile:

6. ellz

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

I used to find people attractive, but not be attracted to them. Also, maybe you should get to know the person and see how you feel like you connect with them on an emotional level, not just when you look at them. This may also help you get a sense for how they feel about you.