1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do You Hand Out Candy?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CyanChachki, Oct 30, 2014.

1. CyanChachki

Every year since I was 16 years old, I've been made to hand out candy. I've handed it out to kids, teenagers and adults. Some say that teens and adults are too old for trick-or-treating but I say, since teens are minors and if a parent is going to be out with their kids on Halloween, why not give them something?

Do you hand out candy and are you willing to hand it out to teenagers and adults?

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yes I do the kids love it my house I gave good candy , I even saw some kids come back for seconds :lol:
    One little guy ask for more i gave him some more our house was a hit last year .
    I had not seen any adults and teenagers come out for candy
    Stockings the cool candy lady on Halloween .

#2 stocking, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, we're Halloween humbugs >.< Not to mention we live on a very busy thoroughfare and have no kids in the neighborhood, so would get 1 or 2 groups max.

*sigh* I miss my old house. Costumed kids and candy distribution galore.

4. Tardis2020

If someone tried to go to my house they'd probably get hit by a car 3 times before they crossed the street, so no, my family doesn't hand out candy.

5. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We live in a Witches' cottage in the woods. In 14 years of living here, we've had 1 (maybe two) trick-or-treaters. Of course we gave her (them?) candy. Could have been 57 years old and we would have given them candy...you can't know, can you, whether they're a real 57-year old or a dead spirit who chooses to *look* like a 57-year old?

Nonetheless, we always make sure we have candy on hand for trick-or-treaters (even though this is the only time of the year we have candy on hand)...you need to be ready when passed souls come to the door!

6. ravenclaw

Out Status:
    All but family
    I would but my house is pretty isolated/ not in the centre of town.

7. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I wasn't at a party or something on Halloween night, then yes, I've handed out candy to the neighborhood kids (never many, but the few that came was cool). It's fun :slight_smile: I would sometimes go to my aunt's house because she lives in a more busy suburban area and hand out candy there.

I was never crazy about teenagers and adults trick-or-treating, however, especially when they barely had a costume on.

8. AlamoCity

No. We lock the gates and turn off the porch lights :lol:.

9. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I tried to give candy to the trick or treaters once. Turns out we live so far in the back roads, no one comes near.

10. Blossom85

Well I have chocolates in a bowl and not one single trick or treated yet.

11. BlueAndWhite

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I wasn't in my uni dorm room, I'd be getting ready to hand out candy tonight. Yeah, I was willing to give it to the teens who got together as a group and went out trick-or-treating

12. Rosalynn

Given that:

a) We live pretty far out of town, so unless you were that desperate.

b) My mum is Against American Practises even though, you know we eat McDonald's

There will be no lollies for anyone!

13. Hexagon

I'm not against the principle, but I just realised I don't have any. I guess its time to turn out the lights, and pretend not to be in.

14. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    At my house we do. There's so few kids in the neighbourhood that only 1 group comes to the door :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I'll be doing that tonight, actually.

Sadly, every year, it seems less and less trick or treaters come by. But, the ones who do, I always make sure my house has the best candy.

See, the average house, you might get a mini-Snicker's and some mini-Skittles. At my house, you're getting a King Size Snicker's and a King Size bag of Skittles.

I can do this for two reasons, one, I obviously allot the funds to do so. And two, we get about 10-15 trick or treaters, in this area, so, it isn't too bad, financially. Besides, I like seeing the kids light up in the face, or say, "OH, WOW! YOU'RE SO COOL! MOMMA, LOOK WHAT THEY GAVE ME!"

Yeah, I am. I know. Now, move along, you little punk, so, I can see what's up with your single mom.

LOL. I'm kidding... kind of. Some moms and dads, though, they be lookin' all right.

But seriously, the past three years, it has become a sort of mini-tradition, for me to sit on the front porch, with a huge bowl of candy, and just spectate for 2-3 hours.

16. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I do :slight_smile: I love Halloween, I take my little brothers truck or treating, so I think it's only fair to return the favor xxx

17. Yosia

Sort of.... I hand it out, but i usually eat most of it before anyone comes :3

18. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No its all mine

19. I just turned 17, my best friend of 7 years is almost 18. We have gone trick or treating togerther every year since we were 11 and 11. There is no way getting older is stopping us. People have refused to give us candy because we were too old when we were about 15. It sucks to have people turn us down when we're just trying to have a good, clean, fun time. We aren't into getting drunk underage at our friends Halloween parties. We'd much rather have a sleepover, watch horror movies, and get wasted on candy.

20. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes. Of course I'm also willing to give candy to the stressed out teenagers and adults of modern life. Candy was on sale and I'm in a good mood. All I have to do is be ready for interruptions. Easy when I'm expecting it. It's funny that back in my day we actually had to do tricks or tell jokes.