1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skyrim

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Clancularius, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Clancularius

Clancularius Guest

Argonia would be a terrible place for a game because it's just one massive swamp, and argonians are the only race that can survive there because of disease.

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Since we're talking about characters, mine is a Level 50-ish (haven't played in awhile :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) Imperial vampire named Lucien. I use an enchanted dragonbone greatsword most in a pretty varied combat setup, but occasionally use the Vampire Lord powers as well.

I'm not strong enough to strut around the land like a demigod, but I have gotten powerful enough that I don't worry about most engagements.

3. White Knight

Some might think I am total loco but I find Skyrim boring.

Those torrent of bugs on its release also didn't help much. I didn't realize if there was a story or not thanks to nearly constant alt-tab and goggle new bug.

4. Justinian20

Well I understand why you don't like it White Knight. It's all a matter of whether bugs are game ruining or not and you had one which ruined the game or you might not like the genre.

5. twosoups

How funny. I was just playing Morrowind... Anyone else still enjoying that game?..

6. Pleione

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Was new to the game, killed a few bad guys, got lost in the woods, stumbled upon a cave, saw someone with nice armor, tried to kill him to steal his armor, asshole almost killed me, ran away but got infected with some kind of disease, woke up a few days later thirsting for blood, went out into the sun and almost burned to dust, hid until dark, snuck into a house and drank the blood of a child.

10/10 would play again.

7. colt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I swear my old roommate never stopped from the day he bought it.... I watched him replay it and replay it. over and over and over again. Starting new characters, maxing out everything. Getting bored and restarting all over again. Which drove me absolutely mad!!! I only play one character, and make them perfect. Every single side quest and dungeon explored, items collected. Everything! To see him restart and restart just killed me every time!!! (He'd do the same for Mass Effect too....)

---------- Post added 24th Nov 2014 at 11:55 PM ----------

On the contrary!!! In the game there is a book series called A Dance in Fire. Its 7 volumes long, and is one of the greatest epics I have ever read!!! I'm serious!! I promise you that if you go to the wiki, or google the books, you can find the complete manuscript (and the second series, the Argonian Account. Seriouly, SERIOUSLY give those a read!!! They are amazing! I've actually read them a couple times through because of how interesting they are. Anyways, the second series, the Argonian Account explores the Black Marsh, and its freeeeeeeaking interesting!!!!

Actually, even better if you find you like them, just wiki the "writer" Waughin Jarth. Every single thing that character wrote was absolutely amazing!!!!

Please, take my word on it

#27 colt, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  8. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

My primary character is a Breton:

Basically, I invest in Conjuration and Archery, primarily. Bound weapons count towards, whatever weapon type you summon, so a bound bow will count towards Archery experience. It's two-for-one, basically. This not only allows quicker leveling, it allows me to play in a style, that I have not seen many do.

Enchanting and Alchemy are maxed, to allow me enhancements. Also, with Alchemy, more invested in Perks means more money. Giant's Toe + Wheat = KA-CHING! No, seriously. Easiest way to raise Alchemy, especially in the beginning.

I also invest in Alteration, to obtain the spell-absorbing Perk, which stacks with the Breton's natural spell-absorbing abilities. Restoration is invested in, for the passive Magicka regeneration speed increase Perk.

Beyond Conjuration, Archery, Enchanting, Alchemy, Alteration, and Restoration, I invest in Illusion. The silent spell-casting is nice, but not totally necessary. No, the reason to invest in Illusion Perks is, so you can rapidly cast Muffle. Easiest way to level Illusion.

Anyway, my play style is as follows:

- Cast Bound Bow.
    - Stealth kill enemies.
    - Resurrect the killed enemies.
    - Watch the resurrected enemies kill the still-living ones.
    - Raise any fallen dead corpses, and unleash the undead legions on all.

If necessary, I can pluck off stragglers, or stronger enemies, from a distance with my bow.

My character is basically a Necromancer Assassin, who is married, has two kids, and sided with the Stormcloaks.

Yeah, I know. Stormcloaks are racist. Of course they are, but see, I dislike the High Elves more. While the Stormcloaks might engage in segregation and slurs, they don't willingly and systematically subject others, to genocide, like the Dominion does -- who are allied with the Imperials. Also, I respect the Redguards, stalemating the High Elves, and proving, they can stand alone. I figure, if Skyrim secedes, it'll join with the Redguards, and perhaps bring the Imperials to their senses.

I do hate the Stormcloak figure at the College of Winterhold, though. The Imperial choice is so much better. But I'll take them, over Maven Black-Briar, who takes over Riften, if you side with the Imperials. Of course, I hate the Stormcloak figure in Dawnstar, too... see, they did this on purpose. Each side has their pros and cons, when it comes to figure heads.

9. Clancularius

Clancularius Guest

I'm a Level 40 Nord, I had a level 65 but his save got corrupted :frowning2:. But my current character uses
    Full ebony armor(I use the ebony mail instead of the basic armor) and the ebony blade
    I also have high sneak, conjuration, illusion, and destruction
    She's also a vampire( with dawnguard add-on)

I also have a level 20 Orc with Orish armor and war hammer.

10. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I love Skyrim, but it can be super addicting

11. TheShepard

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Well... I have Elder Scrolls: Anthology (all five main games on PC + dlc) aaand oblivion and skyrim om ps3. So yeah, I love the games. Been a few months since I last played, tested out a few mods. Was a lot of fun, played a khajiit assassin. I am considering playing Oblivion again, personally I think the Oblivion Dark Brotherhood and Thieve's Guild missions are far superior the Skyrim ones. Lucien <3

12. Clancularius

Clancularius Guest

I agree on the dark brotherhood, but oblivion's thieves guild was ok. Skyrims was awesome.

13. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

About the Dark Brotherhood in Skyrim:

Astrid would be my wife. Aside from her betrayal, she was a pretty awesome lady. Cold, took no nonsense, and was just an efficient woman. Her werewolf husband was okay, too, but everybody knows, my character would have been the superior mate. Curse you X-Box 360 and your lack of marriage mods!

I also agree, that Oblivion had the better Dark Brotherhood quests. Especially the mission, where you had to knock off the 5 guests, in the large manor, while avoiding detection. The only missions in Skyrim that compared to this, was the wedding mission, and, possibly, the mission to assassinate the Emperor (but only for the epic speech given by the Emperor, before he accepts his demise).

Cicero was interesting. A little fun fact. When you receive the ability to summon a spirit, courtesy of Astrid (I forget which mission it is, just check your inventory, after making sure to do the optional objectives in each mission), this spirit will be Lucien, from Oblivion. If you summon him, while tracking down Cicero, he'll have unique dialogue, pertaining to the situation of the Dark Brotherhood, Cicero, and even Sithis. He'll tell you to spare Cicero.

As for the Thieves Guild. Skyrim had Delvin, who I found rather amusing, and Karliah. Karliah's voice is... mmm. None of the missions, aside from collecting the optional objects on missions, were all that great, though (excluding the special side job missions, which are hit or miss; personally, I like Windhelm's special side job mission). The Thieves Guild and Nightingale armors, however, look fantastic. Also, Sapphire has a very tragic story, which is a captivating listen, if you ever get the chance.

14. Clancularius

Clancularius Guest

I love skyrim, it has so much story. It's almost impossible to see everything in skyrim. All the guilds are awesome and the dlc was pretty good. Oblivion's story was a little boring at times.

15. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol, sandwiched between the living-god-slaying Nerevarine of Morrowind and the dragon-commanding Dovahkiin of Skyrim, Oblivion has "the dude who nicked some Sigil stones and watched other people do the final battle." Oblivion is my least favorite of the last three ES games. Shivering Isles was pretty cool though.

16. Clancularius

Clancularius Guest

It's ironic that oblivion's mc is technically the most powerful of all the characters in the later three ES games because of the shivering isles.

17. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

The main story in Skyrim felt too short for me but I loved the Oblivion story line, even though the oblivion gates got a bit repetitive. I thought that Oblivion had the better missions like the final thieves guild one. In terms of DLC, Skyrim: Dragonborn was brilliant and way better compared to the vampire DLC. I never played Shivering Isles though.

I never played Morrowing but by the sounds of it I should give it a try.

#37 JackAttack, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  18. Hemlock

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'll play every now and then, but I've exhausted most of the fun quests and I can't go far without getting stopped by a guard :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

19. ChameleonSoul

You say that like its a bad thing!

20. I still play it. I'm always playing as a khajiit thief archer girl thingy. I hardly tried any other race for some unknown reason. I never get around to finishing all the quests because I usually just start over from the beginning.

The game was an introduction to Elder Scrolls for me and now I love the series. There's a lot of variety and I like that in a game. The dragon designa are fun to look at even though they're supposed to be evil or something. It's fun just going around and hunting deer and elk and other various creatures in the wilderness. The graphics and environments all look beautiful.

It's still a game I play and I want to try the other entries in the series, but I neer get around to it a lot of the time.

I want to try out mods for it because those seem like a lot of fun. It's quite enjoyable even to this day. Probably because I love fantasy stuff.