1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do earrings still signal something?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Wildside, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can only speak for the UK, but short answer: no. It would be handy though.

I think enough people are aware of it for a straight guy to reconsider getting only his left ear pierced, but I think these days you can wear whatever jewellery you want. :slight_smile:

2. Wildside

Wildside Guest

I never heard the thick black glasses thing. Is that a thing that only gay guys do, more or less? I have a pair of sunglasses with rainbow frames, and those were advertised as gay pride sunglasses, so I guess that one is obvious. but i hadn't heard or noticed the thick black glasses. :eusa_doh: I guess I miss a lot. being that I don't use glasses, do thick black sunglasses mean the same thing?

3. ccdd

ccdd Guest

When I was growing up in 90s London it was left ear for straight, right ear for gay. It was the same for men and women.eg. a man with right ear pierced was gay, and if a woman had both ears pierced but upper right ear pierced it meant gay. Now? Don't know. I tend to think that right ear probably means gay, but that left ear doesn't necessarily mean straight. I think there's more variation now.

4. I'm_Danni_x

No, I've seen many guys with earings of all orientations.

5. Wildside

Wildside Guest

how dare those straight guys steal our gay symbols! :tantrum: next thing you know, they're all going to be wearing rainbows on all their clothes. :roflmao:

6. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol :slight_smile: I wear a rainbow brracelet, and still nobody suspects. At least if they do they don't ask me about it.

7. Wildside

Wildside Guest

and to think that I just ordered a watch with a rainbow watchband, advertised as a "gay pride" watchband. Jeesh, a closeted gay man just can't win for losing! :eusa_doh:

8. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    its probably more of a trend/fashion statement thing than a direct representation of being gay. I meet so many gay guys with thick black glasses (sometimes they are dark blue). I have a pair of each :lol:

9. soulcatcher

I know a straight metrosexual guy who wears earring in both ears.

---------- Post added 17th Dec 2014 at 12:54 AM ----------

The flagging system is a bit complicated as different colours can represent different kinks.

10. Adam1969

Its hard to tell who is who now days with hipsters wearing flannel, thick rimmed glasses and sporting heritage beards. It used to be only carpenters dressed like that, now everyone seems too. I'm cool with people dressing however they want but some of these styles seem to be more a fashion than actually hip/hep.

11. Wildside

Wildside Guest

I guess that the carpenters are getting hit on a lot these days! :roflmao: But then again, I've seen a lot of hot carpenters that I would like to hit on...:wow:

12. Wukie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wearing anything pride does the trick! I prefer a nice subtle bracelet that doesn't scream it, but to the observant gives them their answer.

13. Wildside

Wildside Guest

that's what I'm looking for. something subtle, not "in your face." I think that they rainbow watch band may work for me! thanks.

14. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Around the internet those types are becoming known as "Lumbersexuals".

15. Brenndo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is my perception...

16. Wildside

Wildside Guest

well, I'll keep expressing myself in whatever little ways I can think of. Went for a walk with my wife today, wearing my rainbow shoelaces and my pink gloves. :icon_wink