1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How has this year been important to you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by person57, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Quiet Raven

This was actually a very big year for me. Definitely the most evenful year in a while. Good and bad.

Well it started with the end of last year. I moved to a new city. Finally found hope that I may accomplish something in life. Maybe find a job. I started a program to help me do just that. And, what do you know, March of this year, I found a job! My first ever job....

I gained confidence, set goals. But I still failed at everything after that. Still felt neglected, lonely, and I realized even this job isn't something I earned on my own. I still felt worthless.

Then... In August... I considered suicide for the first time. I didn't attempt it. But I was very close.

Finally, last month, I found this place. Empty Closets. Which not only helped me come to terms with being trans, also helped me feel like I am worth something. I may not be complely useless. And I am not quite as lonely. Which is awesome. Also, I came out to my brothers, and I am seeing a counselor now. I am finally doing what needs to be done.

Finally.

#41 Quiet Raven, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  2. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I came out to myself and to my family as transsexual.

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well... I accepted I'm transgender and came out to over a dozen people including my parents and brother as well as best friends.

4. bioticvanguard

Out Status:
    A few people
    this year i went through some traumatic stuff so i'm just trying to heal from that. this year marks that i've been in therapy for a year and i'm so happy because i've gotten so much support from that (my therapist is the best fyi).

i started at a new school and it's actually been nice - my teachers are awesome, i joined a lgbtq+ club, i was even invited to a party. i learned more about myself and started to plan out my future.

:icon_bigg

5. jess1531

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think this past year i have really found myself, and have learned to accept that this is me. This past year i have gone through many struggles. I think that anyone can get through struggles especially in the LGBTQ community because honestly, we deserve to be who we are and we can't change that about ourselves! i am glad that i was able to find myself this year because it has now given me the opportunity to try and learn how to share that with others that i love in the in coming year. :eusa_danc

6. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    this year started quit shitty was quite down in the new year just wanted to be left alone was counting the days for getting back to work. then I pulled my shoulder of work for a week seemed allot longer. good bits joined EC in the summer . met a guy called Craig who makes me happy .

7. Macolm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It strange, I can't list these things as either good or bad. It's just...change.

I moved to the other side of the country, finished my degree, and got a job in my industry. But I hate where I live. But my job and all my friends are there.

I ended my relationship with my first boyfriend, which sucked. But the relationship was also sucking. So perhaps for the best?

I finished my first screenplay and then realized how much more work it needs.

My friend group changed, for the better. I lost the person I thought was my best friend, but I gained a new one, and got to know other friends in different ways.

The thing that has ruled my thoughts this year: I met the man I want to marry, and somehow lost him. I guess I never really had him in the first place. This was when the year really turned from best ever to worst. and drove me into a really dark place from August until now. I realize now that it wouldn't have worked out if we'd got together now anyhow, and there's a slim chance we'll meet again down the road. Maybe.

I realized I'm too old to deal with the BS of casual sex. Which is positive change, but sad, because I haven't had sex in 4 months lol. But keeping up with dating apps these days...ain't nobody got time fo dat.

I thought it couldn't get any more tumultuous than last year. but it did. and not in a good way. but at the end of the year I know better what I want out of life than ever before...I don't have any of it, but I know.

#47 Macolm, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  8. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

I suppose I've changed alot this year and I've helped myself in alot of soul-searchy ways.

1. I now identify as genderqueer/nb while still figuring out my sexual orientation and I also came out to my immediate family.
    2. I've been able to grieve after losing my dad by seeing a psychologist, being open with my family.
    3. I got closer with my family and they support me wholeheartedly.
    4. I've developed a steel backbone now when it comes to extended family. I don't owe any of them anything and 'No' is such a powerful word.
    5. I turned 18 this year and my birthday party was great. The first drinks was awesome (had my first shots) and going-out to the club part was tiring as hell though but still a great human experience.
    6. Life being my main teacher, dealing out those life lessons every week.
    7. Learning to be happy and enjoy life.
    8. Last Hobbit movie coming out! (I still haven't seen it yet X.X won't see it for a while *sob*) Also began watching/ got into Game of Thrones lol
    9. Got a hair cut.
    10. Just being able to accept myself and allowing myself to learn and change. It's been an emotionally tough and yet satisfying year.

9. Jguy365

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Where can I even begin...This year has been full of big events for me!

It started in January when I started a movement to save an endangered historic building in my town. It got a lot of attention and I became sort of a local celebrity.

I graduated from high school

I got my first job

I got my second job (the first one only lasted for a month) in exactly the field I need to learn about my career.

I first began to face my sexuality...

I traveled to Akron, Ohio, to participate in Lebron James' Promise Project. I worked with Nicole Curtis and took a picture with Lebron James! Film crews were there so I would eventually end up on HGTV.

I started the coming out process...and it's still going on to this day.

I got my first boyfriend!

I came out to my mom.

Wow, what a year!

10. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I got my first medal at track state with my relay team.
    I went to Disneyland with my friend and parents during the summer, along with a cross country camp and track camp.
    I finally got first place in a cross country race (racing against 60 or so girls).
    I started questioning my sexuality, which lead me here, and then started questioning my gender.
    I came out to my parents and two friends, and they helped me get a therapist.
    I got my first-ever award in a Knowledge Bowl tournament.
    I've deepened my relations with my friends this year, including my cross country team.
    I feel like I've matured mentally a lot this year.

Pretty big year for me. Mostly because of the sexuality and gender stuff.

#50 Tai, Dec 24, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
  11. ReadyToTell

ReadyToTell Guest

I accepted being Gay, I came out to a bunch of friends and my brother. Parents are next.
    I went on one of my last trips to Disney for a while and went to Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party which I may never do again.
    I got a twitter...and I love it. :eusa_danc
    I really branched out, socially. I hang out with friends so much.
    I have ended up doing amazing in APUSH, which my Global teacher told me I would fail.
    I made it into National Honor Society.
    I became head of the Newspaper Club.
    I had so much fun as a camp counselor this past summer.
    Overall, 2014 was a great year. Hopefully 2015 will be even better!

12. Jellal

This was a year of major self discovery.

I settled on my life's calling, doing my best to become a writer and spin my own fantasies.
    I made efforts to get my family to be more open and honest with one another about the way they feel so they aren't so uptight. My dad really opened up about how much the death of his father, my grandfather, affected him. I think if I was younger I would've been scared to see him so overcome, but I felt good that I was strong enough to support him.
    Supporting one another has never been so important for me, I feel ... coming to grips this year with the reality of my gender differing from my sex made me start reaching out more instead of trying to handle everything on my own. My eyes are reopened to the necessity of friends and family. I know I'd rather have their back and they have mine than be alone in the world, which is a big change from how I used to feel.
    I used to feel so hurt by others and so different and alien that I would rather be totally isolated and not have them say a word to me, but this year especially has made me reflect on how much I've grown from those days when I thought nihilism was my only solace.

13. Centore

Centore Guest

1. Realized I am bisexual and came to terms with it
    2. Joined EC
    3. The Hobbit 3
    4. Started learning how to program things
    5. Advanced another year towards getting money and my own place
    6. Started to grow my hair a little longer and see what happens

14. DanDan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Abysmal.
    Pros: Saw my most anticipated movies, got college acceptance letters.
    Cons: I was outed to my mom, depression relapsed, my religious views shattered/ religious identity crisis, I've felt suicidal (but have kept it secret from everyone else).

15. bornthiswaybby

This year was so incredible. I just thought about it and tears started flowing actually.

-I began my graduating year in high school.

-I finally came out to everybody.

-I had my first relationship & first sexual experiences.

-I finally went to get help regarding my mental health and have began the road to recovery.

-I've overcome eating issues and have begun eating a healthy amount.

-I bought my first car.

It's been a long, hard, and unbelievable year. I've been through lots, but overcome incredible hurdles. I joined this site in January. My first post was about my parents not accepting me I think, and how I didn't think I would make it. Things have come so far since that first post, and I'm so proud of myself. I need to thank everyone who helped me and gave me hope, I love you guys (*hug*)

I have a lot more work to do to become happy but the amount I've progressed the past year has been tremendous, and I look forward to doing even better in the coming year.

Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year :eusa_danc

16. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    1) I moved to Japan (a plan I've had since I was 10).
    2) I started my first career.
    3) I'm living on my own for the first time.
    4) I've truly accepted myself.
    5) I've started on my next goal.
    6) It was the 10 year anniversary of my mom's death.

It was a big year.

17. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you for asking, well this year

I finally accepted I'm bi

I discovered what has been the case all along: my gender is quite androgynous, actually

I experienced the deepest and nastiest depression of my life, which seemed to go on interminably, and found I could survive it

I experienced, a few times, peak experiences which seemed sensual and spiritual all at once, and which changed my life

I began to find a way to emerge from the depression (still in progress)

And on it goes.

18. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i discovered that there are these wonderful, fabulous sides of me that i had hidden from everyone especially myself. i have spent the past year learning about me in so many ways i feel like i am on a splendid, maddening (at times) journey.

19. TheStormInside

A big year for me in that I started seriously questioning my sexuality and have been coming to terms with being gay. I've come out to my close friends, as well. I feel a lot better about myself at times, just the fact that I'm finally being honest with myself has been huge since I was in denial for so long. It's also been a very difficult year, due to all of the above, but I feel like I may finally be coming out the other end of this long, dark tunnel to a happier place. Fingers crossed.

20. Jaymmm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I was so deppresed that year that i dont even remember what happened, but it can always be worse:slight_smile: so im grateful for 2014