1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you thinking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LD579, Nov 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hope that I'm able to make another serious attempt to connect with the queer community around here. Went out to dinner with the volunteer at my (old) LGBT* center again earlier this week and at one point reflected how my disconnect with those I've gotten to know in the last couple years seems to echo the fractures, growing distance and so forth among various organisations, personal relationships, etc. that I've only had a slight awareness of.

It's really sad to think where things have gone in that time. My center seems to be fizzing out, the group some friends/acquaintances were starting seems to be struggling to survive esp. after two of the main people resigned and now plan to move away, with everyone seeming to lose touch with one another. Just reinforces the sense that there's not really a strong sense of community here, for various and complicated reasons, and just disappointing to realise. I'd like to work to change that, eventually, but can't help wondering if it's inevitable for more out of the way places.

2. timo

Every time I see your username I instantly have this song in my head and now I want to buy Glasvegas merch. Did they hire you to do this? :grin:

Anyway. This weekend is boring, but Tuesday I'm going to see K.Flay and Lights, and Thursday I'm going on a date. That makes up for it :slight_smile:

3. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bored out of my mind. When I am bored... I eat a lot. I'm gonna go pig out not. Wish I could just make small talk. Hold a dumb conversation about fun and stupid stuff. Just to get out of my head for a while. That would be nice.

4. Hiems

I had a successful counseling session for smoking cessation with my instructor, who acted as a patient. She said I correctly counseled her, but I need to tailor the counseling to the patient's needs.

She also complimented me on my natural smile and said that using that makes my personality come out, which works well for patient counseling.

That was all very encouraging :grin: I was super nervous during the session, and so I didn't expect any good feedback at all.

With enough practice, I can probably counsel real patients who want to stop smoking.

I have an interest in this because my dad successfully stopped smoking cold turkey, but that method doesn't work for most folks. I want to help them. A combination of smoking cessation agents and/or nicotine replacement therapy, counseling, and patient education are evidence-based, and so they can help those who aren't as lucky as my dad.

5. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i want to sign up to a local mental health support group but im afraid and want to stay home instead.

6. CandyKing

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yay here a hug (*hug*) you did good.

7. CandyKing

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Here a hug (*hug*).

8. CyanChachki

I'm a little mad that my sister lied to me about not wanting to go to sticky's. I've been asking her if she wanted to go for weeks and it was always "I don't want to go because if I go, I'll buy candy and I don't want to gain weight." - fine. I left it alone after the third time I asked but lo and behold, she posts a status on FB today about how sticky's let her in, even after they where closed. I've texted her about the situation and she has yet to text me back.

My thing is, I'm not mad because she went without me or went to the store in general. I'm mad because she straight up lied to me about why she didn't want to go. I don't know the truth behind it and I couldn't care less about the reason. I care more that she's the person that I trust the most and she broke that trust with a petty white lie that didn't need to be said. Now my heart is telling me not to trust her, even though I want to throw this behind me and continue on not caring.

9. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

I'm a sexual

10. AlamoCity

I spent 40 freakin' minutes in line at Walmart.

One single transaction took about 20 minutes because the terminal wasn't processing a benefits card right (WIC). I really hate Walmart right now. Everyone was getting ready for the Super Bowl, so it wasn't like the other lines were any better.

11. florence2000

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So I found a local LGBT+ group that meets every week. But it is for ages 16-25. I have to wait another 13 months :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

So I was dressing up for a photoshoot tonight

And when I was done, I went to put my "man clothes" back on

And I realised, the pants had too much lacing and shit (instead of a simple button + zipper)

So I said, "fuck it."
    And kept my skirt on.

Now I'm sitting in the house wearing a "men's" shirt and a "women's" skirt.
    Because why the fuck not.

#5332 NingyoBroken, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2015
  13. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Wow! Why am I only now discovering Christopher and his kind! :lol: just ufff! :lol:

14. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hate losing stuff. Grrrr :/

15. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Two goals 29 seconds apart. This game sure changed fast...

16. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Wow. Can you help my boyfriend stop smoking? :slight_smile: I am completely serious.

--

I guess I'm officially an adult now. Have a credit card and a retirement account.

17. Romi

Teenagers these days are so fucking self-entitled. Thank god I taught my sister better. And thank god she has some friends with some fucking sense. Those idiots at that school of hers are the reason I just can't even.

---------- Post added 31st Jan 2015 at 08:59 PM ----------

In a way, I'm actually pretty grateful for coming from a long line of poor people who understand what the real world is about.

18. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

"Normal" people are starting to make me sick.

19. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh no way!!! My username is a song title!? Sick!!!

20. Stripe101

They don't sicken me as much as intrigue me. I wish to study them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.