1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not gay because....?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by NingyoBroken, Jan 31, 2015.

1. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

So I keep seeing people saying, gay guys dislike anything that "looks like a girl"..

I hate labels, but if someone asks I usually say I'm gay or homoflexible.
    However, not sure anymore if that applies to me... I am only attracted to crossdressers and very feminine guys, not attracted to masculine men (at all), only rarely attracted to women.

But apperantly, gay means "attracted to masculinity.." It makes me wonder, because even the one gay guy I know who is attracted to crossdressers is also attracted to masculine men.

This is one of the reasons I hate labels. There really isn't one to describe my sexuality...

2. bazinga91

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Just be you, and be happy. I don't care for labels much either.

3. Seagypsy

I can understand you, and gay should not mean attracted to masculinity alone. Many gay or bi men are somewhat feminine in certain ways, but they are also masculine to a certain extent too. In my case, I love people who have a blend of masculine and feminine traits. I can fall in love with males or females if they have the right blend! But I do not fancy masculinity OR femininity on its own, there has to be a blend...

You sound bi to me although with a preference for men. You are attracted to femininity but just not so much in women.

#3 Seagypsy, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  4. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

That's the stupidest definition I ever heard, as I know a bisexual girl person (who I used to like myself lol) who only likes feminine men and feminine women. I wouldn't call her lesbian or anything of the sort.

Men are men even if they're feminine. Gay men like men not masculinity, otherwise why don't most of them date butch girls too? Cause....they're not men.

5. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

But see the thing is, I don't care for "somewhat feminine". I am only attracted to men who are VERY feminine looking. To the point where most people would mistake them for women.

It's strange, and has always been a confusing thing to me.
    Wish I could say "I like who I like", but other people's minds like to put things in boxes, so I need some kind of label.. Don't I?

---------- Post added 1st Feb 2015 at 07:38 AM ----------

True this. But I've seen many people, especially in America, who define it like that...

---------- Post added 1st Feb 2015 at 07:43 AM ----------

Yeah, this is probably accurate enough to use when people ask