1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does my same sex male friend like me more than just a friend

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by duvet pillow, Mar 1, 2015.

1. duvet pillow

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    For the past 2 years I've felt that my male friend has been giving me hints that he wants to be more than just friends...
    - he likes , well... liked, to make skin contact with me constantly. He'd constantly touch my abs and want to see them and he'd also touch my hair a lot and tell me how soft it is.
    - Secondly he once tried to make me jealous that another one of our male friends was going to be sleeping at his house for the night.
    - He once asked me if I was gay a long time ago but I answered "no" as back then I wasn't too sure (I've now come to the conclusion that I am bi)
    - He also sometimes tells me how he thinks some male actors are really good looking or "hot".
    - He once made a rumor up that one of our friends was bisexual ( childish I know) but maybe he did it to see how people reacted? Or some other reason?

He's done other things that have made me think that he's gay/no but those are the only things I remeber right now.

The only thing is, is that he's had girlfriends in the past two years... Also he's refrained from doing these things recently and has shown less interest, it's a shame because I've only recentely realised that I am bisexual :frowning2:

So do you think he could be gay/bi or is it just normal close friend behavior? Or maybe could he have been just curious but now has grown out of the phase? Thanks for taking the time to read this! :slight_smile:

2. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Looks like he's at least interested in you.
    But well, interested or not, I think (I see things that way) that you shouldn't try to get it or whatever as long as he's with his girlfriend. Out of respect for her, at least.

3. duvet pillow

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks for your reply! He doesn't have a girlfriend at the moment :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I'm just not sure how to go around it... I don't want to freak him out if I flirt with him and he's not actually gay/bi. What do you think I should do?

4. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Ohw that changes everything then xD
    Next time he plays with you, let it flow quietly... And try to drop hints too :3

5. duvet pillow

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks again :slight_smile: went tips on how to drop hints that aren't too obvious ?

---------- Post added 1st Mar 2015 at 06:48 AM ----------

Thanks again :slight_smile: went tips on how to drop hints that aren't too obvious ?

---------- Post added 1st Mar 2015 at 06:49 AM ----------

* Any tips?

6. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Doing the same thing to him than he does to you, if he touches your abs, touch his...
    Or let yourself go when you see that he's trying to do something like hugging or whatever.
    Tickling him also is a good way to be closer and let him take initiatives

try to think about it a bit and you'll find dozens of ways, or just do the same thing he did to you haha

7. guitar

There are signs he's interested, but maybe he's just flirty? Or perhaps he was questioning? I will say this: the *vast* majority of straight guys I know don't ask to see each others abs & tell each other how soft their hair is.

8. shota

shota Guest

I have my take of this maybe he just trying to see how you would react then again he could also want to be more then friends trust me i'd hit on guys even when they told me they was not in to transgender male's yea it was mostly because I want it to be more then a friend thing even though it Kanda mess up my friendship with the guys yes I have my regrets

9. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    IMO, he's as queer as a three dollar bill. The clues you said pile up so high. You're probably very safe in returning the flirting.

10. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    :lol:^ queer as a three dollar bill....im using that from now on

11. Burnedcloset

OMG. Gay gay gay gay......could be bi.

He wants it. If he's touching your abs and telling you your hair is soft. Come on.

Think about it. If a opposite sex friend wanted to touch your abs and said your hair is soft. What would you think?

#11 Burnedcloset, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2015