1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Ben Carson: Prisons prove being gay is a choice

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Skaros, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Keep in mind that this guy might become president of the US...

Ben Carson: Prisons prove being gay is a choice - CNN.com

2. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well it's certainly proof that a guy will fuck anything if he's desperate enough. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Purp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pssh, sure that happens , maybe some inmates discover new areas in their sexual spectrum while in prison they never knew they had. Nonetheless, that doesn't mean it's a choice. It just may be who they are. The only choice you have is whether or not you want to act upon your desires and, hopefully, if you are looking to live a fulfilled life, you will act upon those desires smartly and with empathy.

4. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This Bozo is an embarrassment to Baltimore. But each year, the Republicans seem to find some or other out-there, un-electable, far-right African American they trot out so they can look diverse. Carson is simply this year's model. I really can't see him getting very far, given his extreme views. You had Herman Cain (the pizza guy) in 2012, Alan Keyes in 2008 and 2000.

He's not very popular here, certainly, and I think he'll face major challenges, raising any serious cash. Certainly, he may see some time in the spotlight, but his bubble will soon burst.

Also, he needs to do some serious neurosurgery on his own neurons.

#4 HuskyPup, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  5. LibertyValance

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, this was actually a topic that came up in one of my law classes. The teacher was really good friends with an ex-con (spent hard time in Kingston Penitentiary for armed bank robbery) who turned his life around and is now a successful real estate broker. But since they are good friends the teacher would always bring him in and let the class question him about prison life and this exact topic actually came up. The guy basically just said that plenty of guys found out that when there is no prospect of having sex with a woman for the next 20+ years of your life, you make do with what is there. But the fact of the matter is most of them that were heterosexual going in, revert to being heterosexual once they get out. This guy is now married with a wife and kids and pretty much everyone he still knows from his prison time is the same (those that aren't still locked up or dead that is).

Lots of young men confined in a small place with no outlet for sex but each other, its not surprising that their sexual boundaries are widened so to speak. Though on an unrelated note, going to prison as a sex offender is about the worst thing that can happen to you. This guy participated in the famous Kingston Penitentiary riots of '71 where numerous sex offenders were bludgeoned and some killed by the rioting inmates. The guy personally gave us a fairly graphic first hand account of the affair, it was quite interesting if also a little overly gratuitous. But back on point, lots of young guys who aren't going to see a woman for a decade or two, it's unsurprising some find other outlets for their libido that they otherwise wouldn't consider. The fact that most who go in straight also come out straight (at least according to what I have heard) would seem to refute Carson's argument.

6. Ryu

Ryu

Well perhaps it's the other way around and being straight is a choice, and that being gay is normal, but because many people are straight it is seen as normal to be straight and not gay, even though many people really are... So up yours neuroscientist!

That was total BS...

7. tulipinacup

jfc and this guy's a neuroscientist? didn't he get the memo that you'll only turn gay if you drop the soap?

8. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ladies and gentlemen, the dumbest smart guy in America. (I say he's smart because he's a neurosurgeon. Other than that, he's crazy)

9. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This is something I don't get. Carson's clearly switched on, you don't get to be a neurosurgeon if you're not and that's before you get to what he did as a surgeon, yet he's a firm believer in these baffling far right talking points.

He's both the smartest guy in the room and the village idiot.

10. Jellal

Obviously, jails were constructed for the secret purpose of creating a gay army.

11. CandyKing

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Have some words in mind when I think of this fool.

12. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    His campaign manager says he'd win the biggest landslide since 1984. I don't doubt that if this idiot got the nomination that it would be a landslide, just not in the direction he'd like it to go.

On a side note, Reince Priebus said that the GOP needs to stop fielding guys like this in the primary, as they can't afford the 2016 debates to turn into another clown show. So much for that...

13. nevers

Out Status:
    All but family
    Plenty of them come out straight. Like someone above me said, maybe the found out a part of their sexuality spectrum? Maybe they're just desperate straight men that will rape another because they're hungry for sex in a woman free facility. I doubt they will continue "being gay" much longer after prison. Most of them are homophobic etc. I'd rather have anyone but that guy as president for 2016. My dog is smarter than him.

14. micstar615

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Having gay sex doesn't make you gay. Sexuality is way more complex than that. These inmates are typically heterosexual men that have gay sex because it is that or no sex. And since they have sex drives, it's obvious what most will do. Once women become an option again, they go back to seeking hetero sex. This isn't a matter of sexual orientation but a matter of social conditions that produce homosexual sex as the only option for sex. As sexual beings it's obvious what many men in that situation would do, but that doesn't make them gay, it just means they're having gay sex because it's the only option.

15. Burnedcloset

I've actaully was this doctor's patient as a infent.

I thought it was cool until I saw this thread LOL

16. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    Not a choice.....Now being an ignorant closeminded asshole that's a choice..

17. Notlad

Oh god I heard a group of people discuss this one day.

People think it's a choice and I don't understand how they can't see how they don't realize that them being straight isn't a choice and neither is being gay.

18. Randall D

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would totally ignore anything this guy says.
    Just because he is or was a so called doctor doesn't mean he isn't mental.
    He always says dumb things like this, so obviously he at some point operated on his own brain, and it went bad.
    I sure wouldn't take it personal, and no he will never come close to being president of anything.
    Just be thankful he isn't your dad or your doctor.

19. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Using science : You are doing it... Biased.

I think it would be enough to convince him to try to walk in my shoes for just one day.
    Or a week... Or a month... Or 32 years.

If he has the balls, that is... So comfy being a caucasian cis hetero male, isn't it?

20. AlamoCity

He's actually black.

That said, I do believe his "conservatism" is mainly to gain credibility and "street cred" with the more fundamentalist wings of the GOP. I actually find it sad that a man who is certainly educated and intelligent doesn't understand the statements the medical and psychological associations put out on homosexuality (or, he sticks his fingers in his ears and goes "lalalalalalala"). Hope he gets crushed in the primaries.

I guess that was the Republican's "oops" moment of the day. Just watch him later recant and say his apology was to "just to placate 'left-wing liberals' who support the 'homosexual agenda.'"