1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

it's so Hard

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Justinian20, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Justinian20

I seem to find too many guys attractive and my mind is pretty much saying I have no chance with any of them and that I am destined to be alone. I ran out of a university lecture because the one hot guy in there just made me feel this strong way and my brain reacted with, it's impossible, he's straight. I have no idea how to deal with it or even how to perhaps feel less attraction to any guys.

I feel so alone, I can't stop feeling, cause now people notice when I'm like this and I'm so scared because I don't want to tell them my problems or otherwise I'll reveal my sexuality to them. Someone please help me:bang:

2. Wildside

Wildside Guest

start making friends that you can talk with about this. preferably gay friends, who will understand where you're at. is there a gay-straight alliance at your uni, or something similar?

3. Justinian20

No gay straight alliance at my uni, nothing like that at all. I wish there was a gay straight alliance because I would be there totally making friends with other gay guys and talking about some of the more serious stuff

#3 Justinian20, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  4. Wildside

Wildside Guest

so you know anybody who is gay? maybe they could tell you where the hangouts are

5. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This quote doesn’t suggest to me that you are lacking confidence in approaching or meeting other gay people, but you are struggling to understand who the gay people are and where to find them. As a result you are checking out random cute guys and getting yourself in a bit of a rut with it. Does that sound fair?

Within the wider Brisbane area, what do you know about the LGBT community? What services or facilities are there? How would you feel about checking them out? I think that would be a good starting point.

6. Justinian20

I have already looked and I wanted to join one but my mother disallowed me, it's her preventing me from meeting gay guys in groups. She won't let me talk to other gay guys cause she thinks the worst of everyone. She thinks they are going to rape me so she doesn't let me join. I think I am desperate to meet other gay guys, so I'm starting to believe a lot of people are gay when they aren't. I really need to talk to guys who know how I feel in brissie of course

7. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To what extent is your mother restricting your freedom? When you say she is preventing you from meeting other gay guys, how exactly is she doing that? At the age of 21 you should be free to come and go as you please without reference to your mother, so I'm just wondering what's going on if she is preventing you from making contact with other gay guys in/around Brisbane. Is there any way of doing your own thing without your mother's involvement?

8. Justinian20

She says it's to keep me safe. What I need is a group that meets during the weekday when she is not home that is the only way I can meet gay guys