1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What video game are you playing?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by CyberScream, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The difficulty doesn't increase anymore after NG 7. If you completed NG 7, you can complete NG 12!

2. Ryu

Ryu

I restarted playing Metroid II Today. It's a great game, but I really need some graph paper...

3. helenamermaid

i think, that my signature says enough. :lol:

4. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fallout 3, kinda digging it so far.

5. DeviantAttitude

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    A bit of everything. But now im trying to get into Competitive-ish CSGO

6. RainDreamer

Pillar of eternity, and loving it

7. Tails

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know this feeling :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Downloaded it a couple of days ago. The hearts seem to be gone before you know it. Mainly playing a combination of Pokémon Y / Omega Ruby / Shuffle. Also playing Destiny on the PS4, and started to play Final Fantasy X again on the PS2. Might play X-2 after I'm done, but wasn't overly keen on that one.

8. MojoDojo

Dragon Age. All 3 of them. Not at the same time. XD

I get obsessed with something for a while, play it constantly, then drop it like old news for 2 years, then get obsessed with it again.......... I'm really bad.

9. Thedistra

Tropico 4, it is quite enjoyable and amusing but I do enjoy simulation type games. I've also picked up Fallout3 GoY edition recently, so I'll get to play the dlc finally.

10. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Haven't played Tropico 4, but I did play one of them. Not sure which. I believe the first or second, whichever one allowed you to select Lou Bega, LOL.

I was an effective dictator, at least.

As for me, I'm about to begin Tales of Vesperia. I've been wanting a RPG to play for a while, and this was practically given to me, so, why not give it a go?

11. Jellal

Playstation 2 ... just in case you were still wondering:eusa_doh:

And Kaiser, my personal recommendation is that you do NOT play Tales of Vesperia. In my opinion I don't like the tales series very much. The only one I almost finished was Tales of Xillia, and although the combat was pretty fun, a lot of it was laughably bad. I mean that sincerely, that game's the butt of pretty much all the jokes between me and my roommate. Since I failed to finish Xillia because of how broken the final boss was, I thought I'd try Tales of Vesperia instead. It looked fun. The world seemed cool, and I liked the graphical style. Hell, I even watched the anime movie they made for Vesperia before I started playing the game.

Unfortunately the game itself was a real letdown. After Xillia the combat in Vesperia just felt so clunky and awkward. And the story was pretty much the same way. I really struggled to try and enjoy it, and had to give up by the time I watched the cutscene with the fat pirate guy flying through the air on his weird ass chainsaw which can apparently defy gravity.

Also there is a FUCKING BULLSHIT boss that you fight about 5-10 hours in, which comes out of nowhere on a little forest road, and I'm surprised I didn't give up then. It moves like 20 times faster than your whole party, it's like a 4000 pound tractor trailer on crack, the "puzzle mechanic" that they want for you to use to exploit is weakness almost 100% always backfires on you instead, the AI makes it nearly unplayable.

Find another game... save yourself the disappointment. The story, which is what I was most interested in, just sucked. Characters come in and leave with no impact whatsoever, again and again, Troy Baker sounded like he was dying of boredom, and the relationship between Yuri and Flynn, which is what I was most psyched to see play out after watching the movie, never gripped me like it should've. It all sounded so much better on paper. I regret playing it.

12. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I've read the reviews on the game, so I'm not totally blind. Also, any game has a lot to bring to the table, if it wishes to dethrone Tales of Symphonia.

That boss you speak of, on the little forest road, is the one where you have to "hit" the plants, right? If so, I've been told about that. I'm just curious if I can beat it, since it seems to be kicking everybody else's ass.

Considering I was given the game for helping somebody out with something, which wasn't too difficult, it seems worth a play.

13. Jellal

Yes the boss I'm talking about is the one you're thinking about. I think it was called Gazuto or something like that. The thing is, I bet you can beat it, it's not impossible, it's just so poorly designed that the party usually looses for reasons that's never due to a lack of skill.

I tried hard to like Vesperia. I really did. Maybe since you played Symphonia first it will feel like a step up for you, but to me, playing Xillia first, it felt like a gigantic leap backwards. And like I said, Xillia had a lot of problems of its own. But the combat was at least really fun.

14. Images and Words

I can imagine you being an effective dictator.. don't know why..

I currently am playing a FUCK TON of CS:GO

15. Lazuri

That explains it. Shadow of the Colossus is pushing the console for much more than it is actually capable of. That's why the game runs at something like 15 FPS and will drop to below ten in a lot of battles. The game was way ahead of its time and really should have been a launch title on PS3. The PS3 HD port plays a lot better, not just because it's HD but because the framerate is actually tolerable.

I agree with you on Tales of Vesperia, BTW. Though I may not be fair because I in general think that all JRPGs are garbage. The only one I could actually stomach was Kingdom Hearts, which I loved.

16. Jellal

I was simply disappointed with my copy of Shadow of the Colossus because while I did get to play the HD version at a friend's house, I had an unplayed copy for PS2 sitting around which I felt was just raring to go. But sadly the game was too colossal for the console, as you put it.

I wish JRPGs were more fun. I feel like they rightly should be one of my favorite genres, but there are only a couple that I really enjoyed. I loved Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door. Mother 3 is my favorite game ever and it's a JRPG. The combo systems that made even the automatic attacks fun to do was probably what made those games click for me as far as the battles went, and the colorful and unique worlds also helped. Once I find a good PS1 memory card my next console RPG's gonna be Final Fantasy 9, which I have high hopes for.

I do like Kingdom Hearts, but only the first one. The others I would rather watch than play.

17. Lazuri

Really? Only the first one? Personally I found the second game to be an improvement in pretty much everything. I'm actually not really a fan of the others though simply because all games outside the main series always got to have some sort of stupid fucking gimmick that only ends up pissing me off, like Chain of Memories' card system.

18. Jellal

I don't like Kingdom Hearts 2, simply put. I beat the game, but it was a mostly 'meh' experience for me. I think what bothered me most was the "return visits" to almost all the worlds which usually revolved around a pointless new heartless that shows up and starts flopping around causing the 2 NPCs that inhabit that world to whine at you to kill it. Unless that was the world's gimmick the first time you went there, in which case the return visit will probably involve the non-threatening attack of a dopey disney villain who has nothing to do with the actual antagonists of the game. Basically I didn't have much motivation or reason to do any of those quests. It didn't feel like an adventure, it felt like a checklist. There wasn't much in the way of me feeling wonder or excitement like in the first game. Incidentally, I played KH2 before the original, so I can safely say it's not just nostalgia.

With the original I had two main issues: bad platforming segments early on, and swimming mechanics I will always hate. Otherwise I thought it was great. I could play Kingdom Hearts again, suffering a little through the first half of the game but knowing the second half would make it all worthwhile, whereas with Kingdom Hearts 2, I know it's going to burn me out by the time I hit the 50% mark so there's really not much reason for me to ever play it again.

19. Lazuri

You should give the Final Mix for KH2 a shot. They improved a lot of that--though the return visits still feel the way you described--but most importantly, they added a crapton of end game content in the form of areas and bosses meant to be tackled in post-game. It might alleviate that feeling of the second part of the game being pointless and dull.

20. Fafner

Majoras Mask 3D ^^