1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Binder

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by An Gentleman, Mar 31, 2015.

1. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    After six long months of having to make do with makeshift binders, I finally have a white "Magicotton Underworks Binding Bra" that a friend of mine from when I was in GSA gave me. So far, I'm satisfied with it- it's better than wearing the same two sports bras for a month!

I don't want to make stupid mistakes when I'm finally making some progress, so I need advice about taking care of the binder and washing it. (And taking it off; I had difficulty removing it before taking a shower, and a major aversion to looking at my chest didn't help).

I only have one binder right now, but I'd be able to afford more if I really needed more.

2. Ronin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think the main thing to taking care of it would be to avoid putting it in the drier. The heat does something to the material that makes it not last as long I think. If it happens a few times, it's probably no big deal. Put it on a clothes hanger to air dry overnight, usually does the trick.
    Taking it off can be tricky and just depends on what you find works. Some people find pulling it down over their hips is good. You can try getting it to your hips and then sort of turning it inside out over you instead of slipping/pushing it off can help. The other thing is to cross your arms and hold the bottom of the sides and then pull it off that way. Be prepared to wiggle xD So those are some suggestions. But really, after some time goes by it'll just get easier as the fabric loosens up a bit.
    And congrats on your first (real) binder!

3. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ^ I find that it's easier to push the thing up instead of down, but I don't want to damage it. Pulling it down would involve too much bodily contact for me. (Besides, when I tried doing that, it didn't work- I'm a fat fuck right now.:lol:slight_smile:

Thanks; I'll remember to air dry it or use the air dry/low temperature setting on my dryer.
    I've finally made a little bit of headway, so I can't give up now! :thumbsup: