1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ellzie

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Ellzie, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Ellzie

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi. My name is Liz, but my gamer name is Ellzie. I am, as I suggested, a gamer. Recently I've been playing Left 4 Dead 2 with my brother, Don't Starve (the multiplayer version!), and an MMO called ArcheAge. I also tend to binge watch tv shows and right now I've started on The L Word (again, for the 3rd time). I have Hello Kitty tattooed on my wrist. I have two ferrets and a cat, I'm going to school for Computer Repair and Support, and I'm 27. Yay nontraditional students. (not really, I hate it). I wanted to join a GLBT forum because I love being a part of communities, and I feel really isolated right now.

Obviously this is an introduction post but... well, I have a problem.

I've been openly bisexual since I was 11. I've dated men, I've dated women, and been happy with both of them. But, as I get older and consider what the rest of my life would ideally be like, it makes me very, very sad to think that I would end up with a man. I like sex with them (if they are a very specific body type with specific features.), but it's slowly occurred to me that relationships with them aren't fulfilling. They don't ultimately give me what I need. I wondered if I was a lesbian for a while, but, I legitimately like sex with men occasionally. So. I don't know.

I have a boyfriend. We've been together for 5 years but I haven't been feeling it for 3 of them. We've been depending on his parents for financial support the past two years which has been really hard on me, since I know I need out of the relationship. He's my best friend, and I thought I loved him, but he was there during a bad time in my life and I think I might have misjudged my feelings for him for love rather than general friendly affection. I can't even kiss him anymore, it's incredibly hard for me. I don't really know what to do.

I live in a small town right now where the LGBT college club is minimal (and run by some people I don't agree with, and are significantly younger than me), and I don't have much access to any people that aren't heterosexual, which feels very isolating.

Sorry this is so long... I guess that's all I have to say right now. I like this smiley: (!)

2. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  3. Ellzie

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Wow, so much for being an open community. I feel real welcome, thanks guys.

4. Ortensia

Ortensia Guest

Welcome to EC. If you aren't feeling it with this guy, I would break it off with him. The longer you leave it, the harder it will be to end things and the more it will hurt him, and the harder it will be for him to move on with his life. It's not really fair to stay with him if you don't feel that way about him.

Sometimes posts go unnoticed for a little while on this site. It's not anything personal and it doesn't mean we don't welcome or appreciate you. You've got to be a little patient and try not to take it personally when you don't get an immediate response.

Anyway, I hope you do enjoy it here :slight_smile: x

5. lukeluvznicki13

Greetings & Welcome to Empty Closets! Enjoy your time with us :smilewave :eusa_danc :welcome:

6. bi2me

Welcome! As you get to know the forum better, you'll see some folks are only on here a few times a week and 'binge reply'. Keep getting engaged by reading and posting. I think you will find a supportive community.

7. RedLynx

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Liz. Welcome to EC. :slight_smile:

8. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Might it be that you're something like... homoflexible then? Or homoromantic bisexual? There's an excellent support forum here if you have questions, there's one for relationships (and some more subcategories) and one for sexual and romantic orentation, I recommend them.

9. Hizaki

Hi, Ellzie! I don't have much to say other than to have fun here. Keep posting and you'll make lots more friends to talk with, in no time!

Gee...

10. Verb

Aha, hello fellow survivalist and binge watcher :slight_smile: (I have so many hours logged on L4D2 it's just embarrassing really - I'm glad Netflix doesn't keep track of how many hours of stuff you've watched...)

Sounds like you're in a really difficult situation. But if you're not happy with him and mainly staying because you're scared of hurting him or for financial reasons, then I think you should seriously consider breaking it off. Know that's a lot easier said than done, but it'll only get worse, imo. Have you discussed your bisexuality with your boyfriend?

I'm in a similar situation vis-a-vis feeling isolated. If you ever want, you can feel free to drop me a line.

And yeah this smiley -> (!) tis the greatest thing ever.

11. lovely lesbian