1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out, should i do it now or later?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Swirly, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Swirly

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I recently come to terms with the fact that im lesbian. I've been aware for 2-4 days now and i feel like screaming it aloud. I feel like i should come out to my parents first rather than my friends because one of them is conservative, the second one I have a crush on, and the last one (he's the only guy) i'm pretty sure has a crush on me. Ive always been very close to my mom when i talked anout my feeling to her she said i was confused. I was fairely confused and had recently discovered I had a crush on my friend (the second one). My mom is coming home from a buisness trip tomorrow, but all the advice i've read say you should come out to a good friend first. The only person i can come out to right now is probably my brother who I think might be gay too but i dont want to assume. who should I come out to first?

#1 Swirly, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  2. Rapha Lover

You need ask yourself:

I'm ready? I'm happy with my decision?
    Coming out is different form each person and in your case it's time!
    Only true friends will stay in your side, regardless your sexuality and family support is the most important!

Be happy!
    :grin:

3. Swirly

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for the support I hope my family and friends will be happy with me too