1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will there EVER be another like him???

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by MisterTinkles, Apr 23, 2015.

1. MisterTinkles

Once in a generation or two, there comes an entertainer of extreme magnitude, that has the Midas Touch.....meaning everything they do turns to gold, or in some cases platinum.

Of course the 50's and 60's had a few of these extreme entertainers that had the Midas Touch.....and they were called "The Rat Pack".

Our recent generation had Michael Jackson.

Everything he did turned to multi-billion dollar, multi-billion selling songs/albums.
    He was a stage entertainer; he put on a great show. He just didn't wiggle around or stand there and sing....he PERFORMED! Singer, actor, stage performer.

Aside from his physical changes and his proclivity for younger men........he was an extreme artist who demanded perfection in everything he did. And he succeeded, beyond anyone's wildest expectations.

No one else has even come close.
    No other living artist has even come close to his magic, not even Madonna.

Will there EVER be another one like him?

[YOUTUBE]xDLykurJIMA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]sOnqjkJTMaA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]KHgGDtbS4TA[/YOUTUBE]

2. Psaurus918

It's hard to say but he will definitely be hard to beat. I've never met a person that didn't like Michael Jackson even if they only liked one song.

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not quite like him, but I think we will see other musicians of his caliber with their own distinctive style. Or more accurately, there already are people who are better than him musically, but none are quite the showman that he was.

4. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Eventually...

5. White Knight

Nope. It is that simple.

Like there isn't another Beatles, Abba, Elvis Presley, Queen, Marilyn Monroe or Rita Hayworth.

Yeah there will be people similar to them, as famous as them or maybe more famous than them. However they are always will be unique...

Micheal compared to other mega stars of his time/our time entered many hearts... from elderly to children. This is why group dance scene in following video make me tear up. It, at least to me, shows we are all carrying a part of him inside of us.

[YOUTUBE]zjGtTUfPcI4[/YOUTUBE]

R.I.P King. :icon_sad:

6. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    No, he was unique and gave something unique.

And so was Sinatra, that's why he is still remembered... Also "The Rat Pack" as you mentioned.

Don't care about his private life, or judge him for what he did or what he didn't do... Same as I won't judge the guy who made my shoes. You give me your art. If it's good or bad it's all I should care about.

Otherwise I would end up doing what the worst scum of art critics do : Try to "explain" his art by using his private life, or even the colour of his skin.

7. Images and Words

I don't know who this Mr. Tinkles is, but he sure as hell ain't no Mr. Sparkles.
    In answer to your question, no. There won't.

8. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hands down a music icon!!!! One of the greatest entertainers of all time...