1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Conservative Fox News Contributor Comes Out

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Asexual Pirate, May 4, 2015.

1. Asexual Pirate

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Guy Benson, a conservative pundit and journalist, came out in his new book and on air with Fox News. While the segment was generally supportive of him and it's nice to see Fox News not shunning someone like that, it seemed more of a political move.

Benson gave an interview to Buzzfeed (which I've linked below) and it seems that his views on equal marriage and gay rights is along the lines of the traditional conservative. While it's nice to see someone who identifies as a gay republican (my sister is no longer alone), his coming out feels more like a political tool. I don't know, maybe I'm cynical.

What do you guys think? Were there any good points he brought up?

A Fox News Contributor On Being Gay, The GOP, And Religious Liberty

2. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I saw this and wondered if it was Shepard Smith. If that was the case, my post would have said, "We've known that for years!"

3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What I think is that FOX News has been at the forefront of the most vicious media attacks against LGBT people, and that the vast majority of their staff is inhumane. I believe these are people who actively enjoy the suffering of others. They reach millions of Americans who are in that same mental state.

They are the intellectual defenders of a political philosophy that is based in hatred, violence, and greed.

So am I impressed that a person can sell out and curry some favor with them now that--very much against their will--the tide of public opinion is turning?

Not at all. I only find it that much more despicable.

~ Adrienne

4. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It seems like Fox has found their token gay person to come on when they want to bash gay people.

In all seriousness, good for him, but I still can't stand his politics.

5. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    But would he bake a wedding cake for gay Satanists in Nebraska, or provide them flowers?

6. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Would Rick Santorum attend his wedding? I think Huckabee and Rick found their gay friend.

7. Jellal

D'aw. This just goes to show ... Fox News were the good guys all along! We were wrong.

8. AlamoCity

I just wanna say he's pretty handsome.

9. Camel

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The problem with party politics (well, a problem with them) is that it tends to group quite unrelated issues together. Thus someone who supports a particular party is assumed to hold all the vies associated with that party. It is perfectly possible to be a fiscal conservative, think capitalism is the best economic system known to humanity, Ayn Rand is the greatest thinker of the 20th century (I guess someone does think that), and be gay. Why should that be a surprise? In Britain in the 1980s, Margaret Thatcher was surrounded by gay men. It was often joked that it was no coincidence that the Conservative Research Department was based in Great Queen Street.

I would be surprised if Fox doesn't have quite a high proportion of gay people working for it.

10. photoguy93

I'm not involved with the gay community, yet even I want marriage for everyone and gay rights are pretty much always on my political radar.

I'm sorry for him that he's hating his lifestyle that much. While there are other things to worry about along with gay rights, it still matters. I was waiting for him to say "although I'm gay, I'm married to my lovely wife, Eugenia. We have 5 kids and 3 more on the way!"

11. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Maaaan...

I was hoping it was somebody a little more known. It doesn't feel right dropping "Cocks News" on this fellow.

12. BisexualQueen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm happy he hasn't seemed to get much hate for coming out, but I'm worried Foxs will use this as a "gay card" if you will. When they make an anti LGBT joke they can say "But we've got this guy and he's gay so you can't get mad." That would be disgusting. Hopefully, this guy is sincere about his sexuality and won't run into any issues being in the Republican Party.

13. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I seriously don't know what you're on right now.. Maybe it's just me and my lesbianism but he is not goodlooking imo.. I don't even know though so I could be the one that's high.

Anyway.. good for him!

IN OTHER NEWS: Chloekiss is pissed off right now because she's been bitten by a bunch of fucking mosquitos! seriously.. someone remind me as to why they even exist?! What the fuck is their purpose?! I want to murder them all!

14. DinelodiiGitli

Aw man, I thought it was gonna be Shepard Smith! Darn, maybe next time?
    But I'll be honest, I've grown up watching Fox as my Mom and Grandma are both republicans (though they were once democrats and my Mom is a bisexual gothic witch with purple hair {no, really}) so I don't think they're terrible people, no worse than NBC or CBS. They're TV news anchors and at the end of the day I'd be silly if I really expected them to be completely honest (much to the dismay of my family). However I'm glad the fello came out anyway, I couldn't care less about how fox is affected by it.

15. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think he's pretty handsome too, so yeah, it's just you...Hey, that rhymed...

16. Camel

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, so as to have an opinion on the issue that really matters here, I had a look at photos of him, and I agree, he is pretty good looking.

17. Purp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ooooo... good for him!!!! It takes a lot of courage to do that, given his politics and his job!!!! Total kudos to him! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

18. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's a token move.

Also, not my type, AT ALL.

*Yuck, yuck, yuck. Barf, gag, choke!*

He looks smarmy and stuck up, with that leering smile, and that horrible preppy hair and demeanor.

(Not that I really care what he looks like, but as the topic came up, the only way I could do him was if he wore a mask, and even then, he'd have to pay me)

19. randomly me

randomly me Guest

funny...i've never seen this channel but with all the threads going on here on EC about it there's a certain picture of it.

20. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Sean Hannity works for FOX, which makes it worse.